What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Classes

1234568»

Comments

• gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    tilvius wrote: »
    ... I will be waiting for a Warlock class as well as a Blackguard (fingers cross) =P

4e has many many variatons of blackguards. There are evil paladins, 'Gray Guard' Paladins and many such fallen paladin.

Blackguard vary only in the fact that they use shadow source along with divine. Actual paladin can be more evil(depending on deity) or morally ambigous than Blackguard in 4e. And Blackguard can be good - one who damns himself to save others.
  • bringthenoise001bringthenoise001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I've mentioned it once or twice in these forums but I'm seriously looking forward to/hopeing for the Rageblood Barbarian. I can just imagine running over to the enemy, screaming at the top of my lungs, unleashing Rage strikes like their was no tomorrow...ahhh the bloodshed and mayham.
  • velleriandvelleriand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Druids, Monks, Rangers, Bards & Paladins.
    But seriously. Druids.
    And Monks.
    And Bards.
    Dammit......I want them all.
    Keredain - Trickster Rogue
    Kain - Guardian Fighter
  • galthisgalthis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Pretty disappointing. Having read this entire long thread it is pretty obvious that lack of a bow based ranged class is the most cited in terms of what this sparse launch build list won't include. The 'true believers' can rationalize/justify that all they would like, but its just a pretty big fail, no other way to describe it. I don't want to play melee DPS, or tank or heal. And I don't want to play an ice wizard. If you want to play melee, you've got three choices. If you want to play ranged with a weapon you have none (save a rogue with point placed in knives that will likely gimp it). I'm used to hunter/ranger/archer bashing, getting kicked from PUGS sight unseen because of my class, but this is the first time an MMO company just said 'need not apply' if ranged DPS with a bow is your chosen play style. A D&D based game with no longbows? Why the hate?
  • jendrynjendryn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 53
    edited March 2013
    It has nothing to do with "hate". The class is there, it just isn't going to be implemented by launch unless they change their plans. It will be added in the future--probably not too far after launch.
    edited March 2013
    Sorry. Too strong a word. How about 'benign neglect'? From my experience this class/playstyle is among the most chosen in most MMO's and in some it is far and away the most played. The cynic in me just figures that because it is so popular it probably is nearly complete and will be available for RL cash ala EQ2. The devs have stated that this is not likely to happen, we'll see. Be glad to pay for it personally as opposed to being forced to either bail on a highly anticipated game or play something as a main that would not even be my first choice as an alt (druid/bard).
    They have already telegraphed the first post launch builds I believe and among them is a Ranger that is a melee dual wielder, cause, I guess there are not enough melee builds at launch. Perhaps that build will allow for a viable ranged spec, but I think trying to cram too much customization into cookie cutter builds just ends up with a gimped toon.
    I really want to love this game and really hope to play it someday, but it goes into the pend file for a few months while they decide if they want to let archers be a part of the community.
    edited March 2013
    Sorry dup, dumb phone
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited March 2013
    Maybe you're not aware of this but Archer Ranger files have already been datamined from beta files, and we've seen screenshots of what is confirmed to be an archer ranger hireling. Dev's have long ago stated that this class is in the works.
    edited March 2013
    Yes, and thanks, I did read references in this thread to the data mining. I assume this game might hit open beta by next month, and I will definitely download and fool around with it, but no way I'm grinding a toon to endgame until they put a bow in my hands. Since MMO companies like to be so coy and well, cryptic about providing info, just don't know if that means 3 months or 12, and I'm just a huntard looking for some immediate gratification