test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Quest path/other effects no longer working for players as of tonight + No XP progress

imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Started seeing a lot of complaints about this in zone chat an hour or two ago. It is happening to me too. The quest path, objectives, and some particle effects like those around camp fires are all completely disabled for a lot of people. Pressing Z, relogging, restarting, changing instances, none of it works. Around the same time, a few people began complaining that XP was not being rewarded for completed objectives, while others were unable to open gates and access other zones.

My theory is that some part of the server, which is responsible for reporting certain things to the client, has completely pooped out. Unless someone is around at Cryptic to restart the server or cook up a hotfix, I don't see how this problem will iron itself out tonight.

Apparently not everyone is affected, but many people are. So if you are going to try beta testing Neverwinter tonight, be forewarned, you may be severely hampered in your ability to progress properly.
_

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
@Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
Post edited by impervium on

Comments

• renealtorenealto Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Same here. The path indicator is not working and I can't get into the Dragon Bridge zone. I was in there last night, but after the patch and logging in today, I was in the previous zone and can't get back.
  • ethan2364ethan2364 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yep same, the campfire burning effect is non-existant also.

My first character that I created yesterday works fine, it's only new characters (all classes tested) where it doesn't work.
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Please submit an in game report with the quest(s) that do not award experience and note the amount awarded and not given if possible. If for some reason you can't submit an in game report ticket, then submit a support ticket out of game, only if you cannot get an in game ticket to work. Thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • meg47meg47 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have created two characters, one is level 1 and one is level 4.

The level 1 just developed the missing golden trail bug.

The level 4 still has the trail working normally.

It may be because I changed keybinds for the level 1.

Thats the only difference in what I did.

The level 4 never changed keybinds.
  • udeinudein Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Same here.
    Characters I created yesterday can still see the Quest Path.

Two different characters I created this morning cannot see the quest path, beginning on the beach. Then, for the first quest, the Wounded Men don't "sparkle" and the second quest, the Arrows aren't sparkling either. That is as far as I took them this morning.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Gold, Steel and the Bodies of Women
  • tiandistiandis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm having this problem as well. Have a level 10 dwarf guardian that everything seems to show up fine, and a level 1 cleric who sees no trail or fire effects no matter what I do.
  • shadowmistress33shadowmistress33 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    And I looked, the bug ticket thing has no way to tell them about this particular problem >.<