test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Control Wizard's Hand is tired of being in the air!

russellgustorussellgusto Member Posts: 75 Arc User
edited March 2013 in PvE Discussion
Please for the love of the gods change the Control Wizard's animation where he has his hand out, as if he's taking a pic of himself or giving a peace sign...not sure. Also he has some other odd animations i.e. running. As far as combat goes it seems pretty good though.

Wishes
Post edited by russellgusto on

Comments

• neya01neya01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 63
    edited March 2013
    I agree. The combat itself is good, but for the love of Selune, change those animations. A spell-casting wizard should not look like a high hippie with a peace-sign and wooden legs.
  • mysterionamysteriona Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    He also walks like he has a pine cone up his butt during combat lol!!

Sad they should create a monk class and give that class these horrible animations.

12853708-shaolin-warriors-monk-on-white-background.jpg
  • matixzonmatixzon Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The main problem i see is the whole "two finger trick" thing, other than that and running in combat, most attacks are okay.
    @mawexzon

I like cats :cool:.

UGC Campaign: The Coldblooded Scrolls
  • kfmckfmc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Peace sign? The fingers are close together which reminds me of eastern styles more than anything (think chinese sword style things, or stereotypical ninjas).
  • paddymaxsonpaddymaxson Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 87
    edited March 2013
    You mean Tai Chi, a purely ceremonial sword art which is utterly useless in combat.

edit: it's a really stupid animation though, really is, it looks like some daft anime sign, I swear my friend's control wizard looks like something out of sailor moon (one of the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> sailor scouts, because he gave her a haircut a bulldyke would be envious of)
  • jibkisamabijibkisamabi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm fine with the finger pose, I'd just like for my wizard to put it down after awhile, or have an alternate 'casual' stance added. It's a bit awkward to RP when my wizard always looks like they're saying 'one more second please'.
  • russellgustorussellgusto Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I think my Wizards arm is going to fall off, seriously. How do they have that much strength...and to keep it so still! Amazing.
  • matixzonmatixzon Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well, this remind me of when CO's superspeed power animation was an anime ninja run, Which had almost nothing to do with a superhero game (expect of course ninja heroes), Maybe the animator who did that was the same who did the wizard's animations?
    @mawexzon

I like cats :cool:.

UGC Campaign: The Coldblooded Scrolls
  • silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I just imagine that the two-finger gesture is part of keeping that orb floating.
  • astraphlastraphl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hmmm i am kinda amazed his arm and fingers havent fallen off.
    after that has been said, it dont annoy me that much, u always have an excuse to prolong a conversation if u RP, but i have a problem with the coconut in the but walk (walking while fighting)
    edited March 2013
    lol yeah that walking while fighting animation is so insane. i really hope they know about this...i would LOVE to know who came up with these ideas.
  • nekonix36nekonix36 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It's like my wizard is walking around saying "smell my finger" after sticking it somewhere he shouldn't have...
  • hedgehog8hedgehog8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It's nothing, when you use 'Time steal' he raises both of his hands (each with 2 fingers pointed) and moves at increased speed - the only missing thing is the 'Whooop whooop whooop whoop whop'(Dr Zoidberg) audio clip :P
    edited March 2013
    Really? Is that another bad animation for him lol. I don't think I will make it high enough to see it.
  • meg47meg47 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    True. It gets expensive replacing those fragile glass orbs every time you forget to hold up the fingers.
  • golfildurgolfildur Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It is because the folks at Perfect World being from Asia, have no conception of anything remotely European. Faerun and Wizards are NOT in any way shape or form Asian. Seriously, pick up a book learn about the culture your trying to paint and drop the Kung Fu <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    I am the nightmare which has learned to walk in the light of day... I am the darkness that children fear in the night... I am the silent scream of the lonely traveler who is lost forever... I am Drow!
  • jnaathrajnaathra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It is terrible to look at. Agreed.
    Scout Tragold - "I haven't lived this long by being brave... it's just another word for stupid."
  • kotlikotli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 577
    edited March 2013
    TBH I would prefer it if the hand was hold out in front as if he/she was holding the orb in it, and have the orb moved to hover over or near that hand instead of 6 feet to my right.
  • sirglenosirgleno Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 75
    edited March 2013
    golfildur wrote: »
    It is because the folks at Perfect World being from Asia, have no conception of anything remotely European. Faerun and Wizards are NOT in any way shape or form Asian. Seriously, pick up a book learn about the culture your trying to paint and drop the Kung Fu <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

I think you misunderstand Perfect World's level of involvement in this. They own Cryptic, and get to claim all the game's net profits, and as publisher get to set the high level direction of the game, but I can't for a second imagine them jumping in and insisting on the Control Wizards hand placement.

However, it does start to look stupid after a while, couldn't this just be the pose when in combat?
    Dystopia - Impact Cleric
    Nyx - Divine Cleric
    Medusa - Brush Wizard
    Spinnerella - Combat Wizard

Don't forget to update the Wiki!
  • japo1japo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited March 2013
    Cw combat animation is terrible...
    :mad:
  • cregan83cregan83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5
    edited March 2013
    Control wizard idle stance = SPECIAL BEAM CANNON!

Anyway please do what STO did in their character creator. Give us multiple options for the idle stance of our characters.
  • abaddonxkabaddonxk Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    golfildur wrote: »

Perfect World is merely the publisher, they have no say whatsoever in the development of character animations. Cryptic, the developer, is not an Asian company.
  • danxbxdanxbx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    NOT IN MY HOUSE!!!

My Wizard is happier than Dikembe Mutombo blocking a shot.
  • chaoticwheechaoticwhee Member Posts: 61
    edited March 2013
    Yeah, you would think that after using the thing for so long they'd have gotten used to it enough to not have to constantly keep their fingers up to keep it levitating. Makes me feel like my wizard's a bit of a sissy (and shuddup, wizards aren't sissies. Its a robe, not a dress.) not being about to keep an object floating without appeared strain.
  • lawson66lawson66 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    yes the hand up and the casting looks more monk not wizard I think that should be changed. That alone will make it I wont play a wizard.
  • quickthornquickthorn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I can just about accept the bizarre hand gesture when they're casting. But there they are, strolling around the market in Protector's Enclave and they're still doing it all the time. Did their fingers get broken and badly set when they were out adventuring?

The casting animation looks horrible too. Both need some refinement.
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    What you don't like the kung-fu stance wizard?

(I don't either.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ryger5ryger5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    japo1 wrote: »
    Cw combat animation is terrible...

He's right. There's just no other way to say it.
    BalarSig103B.jpg
    SHADOW - A secret cabal for those who thirst for wealth and power.
    Check out SHADOW on YouTube!
  • sadistsadist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    And this is what your CW arm will look like after keep it up for 38 years an never lowering it.

Man-keeps-his-arm-raised-for-38-years-2.jpg
    fozhug-sig01.png
  • rathurarathura Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Take a look at Corrupted Desciple's animation from Heroes of Newerth. Something like that would look nice for the Wizard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]