test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

weapon & armor

sirwalrussirwalrus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited March 2013 in PvE Discussion
So why is there restrictions for the fighter to what they can use and wear? I haven't played the other classes but I can only assume that there are obvious restrictions on them as well. But as to traditional D&D, the fighter should be able to use medium armor and daggers and such. The chainmail I may be able to understand, but a fighter is trained up to heavy armor not limited to it. Nor can he only use a sword & shield, he is trained in other weapons like daggers and range weapons. So if your not going to include a ranger then you might want to think on this.

I like the game, it's a good setting and the fact that you can start in different areas and get a different story means a lot to a player. I'd just like to see a bit more options in what I can equip.
Post edited by sirwalrus on

Comments

• hibbletonhibbleton Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited February 2013
    So that idiots and jerks don't roll on anything and everything they can wear if it is a slight power upgrade. The devs don't want "Paladins in Devout" style gameplay. They want each class to not have to compete against any other class for gear.
  • bluesteel8bluesteel8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    hibbleton wrote: »
    So that idiots and jerks don't roll on anything and everything they can wear if it is a slight power upgrade.

Well said, well said.
    [SIGPIC]

[/SIGPIC]
    The Older Gamers (25+) - Never too old to play games
  • grimjoe32grimjoe32 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 93
    edited February 2013
    So that idiots and jerks don't roll on anything and everything they can wear if it is a slight power upgrade. The devs don't want "Paladins in Devout" style gameplay. They want each class to not have to compete against any other class for gear.

I had a cleric in my group for a run, didnt stop her needing on everything and i mean anything that had the need option...
  • hippyohippyo Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    grimjoe32 wrote: »
    I had a cleric in my group for a run, didnt stop her needing on everything and i mean anything that had the need option...

Sometimes i wish i had a large pinroller to swipe you over the head with ! There will be dozens of classes and you are not going to comment on every loot roll saying "what the hell do you want that for". What inconsiderate ignorant garbage !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darkcatz1darkcatz1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I always passed on whatever I didn't need and took everything that was my class.
  • ganiriesganiries Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Was she/he chaotic evil? Heh. Greeding everything you don't need is fine. I did play one game (shall remain nameless), where people preferred you pass everything you didn't need, which made no sense. If you need it, you need. If you don't, you greed. I would only pass if I had no bag space, or misstyped :p
    Ornament-3.gif
  • pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

People will still roll on gear that doesn't fit them and find reason like, I have an alt etc etc Just let give more choices so peeps can use what they want as per the 4e core rules.

For example rogues don't just use daggers yet that is all I had drop up to lvl 30 except once I got a hand axe. I mean DOH!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • klashin01klashin01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Seriously!? You think they severely limited the options of what weapons and armor you can wear in order to stop people from needing on stuff they don't need? All they have to do is make it class specific. But, everyone knows that wont stop those people from needing on everything. Just boot em from the group. They limited the choices because it would take too much time and cost more money. This is a coockie cutter MMO. They pop em out as fast as they cant and make as much money as they can before moving on to the next one and abandoning it. They came up with a good idea this time with the foundry, now they don't have to make new content, they let us make it for them. Its sort of like tricking you children into cleaning the house by making it a game.
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Everybody has the right to an opinion...as long as it's civil.

I won't comment on the reasons why but just say items are class specific only and not done with D&D tabletop limitations for weapons and armor. Whether players ask for it or not outside their class is up to the player but the party lead CAN choose other distribution systems but its default setting is Need/Greed.

And Cryptic is not asking you to clean their room until the next expansion :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drizzitdude5drizzitdude5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I think they should just go through the same method TERA did, make it so only those who can use the piece of gear in question have the option to need, everyone else has to greed for it.
  • kellionbanekellionbane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I think they should just go through the same method TERA did, make it so only those who can use the piece of gear in question have the option to need, everyone else has to greed for it.

Except that in Tera you couldn't roll greed on an item someone else had the ability to roll need on. So, all it really did was let open the gate to need on everything, and then sell the same items on the Auction House, because there was no BoP tag on most dungeon drops.