test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

cleric UI question

bongo303bongo303 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
edited March 2013 in PvE Discussion
Hello all, im from the old world of mmo's going back to Ultima Online first release. My last toon was an 85 raid priest when i quit wow over a year ago as i was damn sick of the place. played some old school d&d back to original edition days and all the computer ones...

I had a simple question about the ui for healing. I was able to play for about an hour on Sunday and only did one instance. it was such steamroll i did not worry about it, but realize i will.

ok here is the super simple question. how do you change your ui, to target healing spells at individuals. in wow we had the interface, heal bot, gird etc.. as I dont seem to be able to screw around with the client offline, is there a way macro healing spells to individuals, or at least the tank, and maybe the aggrowhores.

thanks..

if I missed some simple dynamic in my first hour online, flame away.... otherwise i welcome any input.

cheers

Dr. Ale
Dwarf Battle Priest

woops wrong damn forum... looking to move it
Post edited by bongo303 on

Comments

• zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    In order for healing to be as visceral as possible for an action style game, the healing class needs a way to be able to target without the use of actually clicking on a characters portrait. Hence the ability to seal and AOE heal. Deviate from the action sequence and you've changed the game, for the worse I might add.

As for difficulty the Devd stated it was a little easier then anticipated and dont be surprised to see difficulty scaled up. This is after all the main importance of a Beta Test.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • mouleymouley Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    You see people have to get use to not standing alone at the back clicking on names and healing. In real D&D which you know by having played, line of sight actually affects you.

They seem to have brought that in some by making you be part of the fight. You have an abundance of AOE and seal skills and when you need to let off your big heals at specific targets they need to be in sight. This may take some getting use to by having to position your cleric in a spot where you can keep an eye on all your fellow adventurers.

Just like in D&D positioning will mean quite a bit. If you are all bunched in a crammed hallway and you can't get sight of your main fighter at the front then good luck getting a heal off on him. If everyone just thinks about their position just a little it will make life easier on everyone.

With the way heal pots are working at the moment people don't worry to much about it but i expect that once you can't spam the heal pots and you start to die because of the zerg people will start to slow down and think a little.

M
  • silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    You have to aim the center reticle with your mouse to target. But, if you hit CTL it will lock in on that target. If you choose to break off and attack or heal a different target, you have to re-acquire target and lock back in with CTL. I love the way this works. It takes a little skill and line of sight and positioning become important. The healer actually gets to move around and actively participate instead of hanging back and clicking on portraits.
  • uberguberuberguber Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    I haven't had a chance to play yet, but healing in this game sounds fun to me. To paraphrase someone speaking about another game, "I don't want to play the UI, I want to play the game."
    Noli sinere te ab improbis opprimi