test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Who is buying all the packs?

soiledostrichsoiledostrich Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I had some serious thoughts on buying all the packs for NW since they all stack from what I gathered. What I was wondering is has anyone else done this? I have the Hero of the North pack already and have debated the Guardian since I like the mount in that one as well (Hard to RP a second character, champion of good and justice and yadda on a spider with red eyes.... lol). What I was mainly wondering is does the bag space stack for all of them together? Would I have 24 slots instead of 12 if I snagged the starter pack as well? I do know the money stacks from what I read previously, just wondering on that. As 60/80 additional now is putting money in the bank later in terms of never purchasing anything or very little as the game winds down the years. I am hoping to narrow it to only a few expansion pack purchases. I am super excited and I want to show my support to help the developers have the funds available to create a never ending amount of content. Money pays the bills and those guys need it to!

Disclaimer: There is no need to post anything negative about not having enough money, wasting money or whatever. This is a friendly post related to a serious gaming investment. If you think money is hard to come by here is a tip. Go mow some grass. I made 2800 bucks for games over a summer running around with a push mower.... pushing that and a weedeater as a side job to my normal career. Two to three days every other week. 200/60/20 nowadays is like 50/20/1 in the 80's lol. Mostly to prove to my 15 year old niece (a few years ago) how easy money can be made. She now is 18, has money for a car and college on top of scholarships. Try it and win at life.
Post edited by soiledostrich on

Comments

• liaratsoni84liaratsoni84 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I already own the Guardian pack and am thinking of also purchasing the Hero pack. Not just because of the drow delay, but for the extra character slots (that I will purchase anyways in the future if I don't buy them now) and the astral diamonds. If I spend the money now, maybe it will deter me from blowing lots of money here and there that will add up to $200 anyways. I don't think I'll buy the 20$ pack though.

I'm just trying to decide if I wanna spend that much money on an individual game. I buy lots of games every year, and the only game I've spent even near this amount of money on was the Mass Effect trilogy for both my PC and my Xbox along with the DLCs. I'm a HUGE HUGE HUGE fan of Forgotten Realms, so I oughta go ahead and do it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ryger5ryger5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Go mow some grass. I made 2800 bucks for games over a summer running around with a push mower.... pushing that and a weedeater as a side job to my normal career. Two to three days every other week.

Awesome! This is how you do it kids.

For every hour you waste whining that games are no fair, games are too expensive, or you can't afford this or that, so it should be free, now, now, now, you could be earning real money in the real world.

I love reading this kind of thing, because it counters the perception that gaming culture is whiny and self-entitled. I applaud you sir!

As for stacking, yes the features stack. I believe you'd get two bags, so I believe that's 24 slots.

It would actually behoove Cryptic to highlight the specific advantages of buying all their Foundry packs together.
    BalarSig103B.jpg
    SHADOW - A secret cabal for those who thirst for wealth and power.
    Check out SHADOW on YouTube!
  • krubarkrubar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 841 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    I am considering buying the hero pack too. I am about to ask a friend if he wants in beta this coming weekend and if he does, I'll buy the hero pack. If he doesn't then I'll just wait until after this coming weekend to try the game out before I get a hero pack because I missed the first beta weekend.
  • rkriderrkrider Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 80
    edited March 2013
    I already have done this. Great way to support a great game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I've ridden through the deserts of Athas on a Horse made of Flame....
  • kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I was seriously thinking about it (half way thru the purchase process :) ) but decided to wait instead and spend the 200 in game shop so I can pick an choose what I want.
  • shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'd like to support the game (even more) by buying the Guardian and starter packs but right now it's not possible. Daydreaming of winning one of those free packs though.:p
  • silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Came close, but I've managed to hold out. Bought a Guardian and 1 starter kit. The character slots are the main thing I want from HotN anyway, so I spent $50 on ZEN during last weekend's 15% bonus sale and I'm letting it sit in my PW wallet until launch. That should get me plenty of character slots. :)
  • keirkinkeirkin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I bought all 3.
  • optimatesoptimates Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 33
    edited March 2013
    I've bought all three. Wanted to show my support for the developers, I think they've done a great job in crating something pretty innovative, particularly with the foundry. Plus, I wanted the mount inthe guardian pack.
  • zagemoggazagemogga Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I got Guardian and Hero, thinking about the bags of holding from the starter kit.
  • bruddajokkabruddajokka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    I'll probably grab the other two.
  • sakuda13sakuda13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Me myself i bought the Guardian and a starter pack.. Thought about getting the Hero for the diamonds but *Shrug* who knows i might get the Hero
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • arythorarythor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    I purchased all three packs and may get a few more Neverwinter Starter Kits depending on how useful I find the Small Bag of Holding and other items it comes with from the first one I got.

I am a sucker for mounts and companions, like many are, so Cryptic will bleed me dry if they keep releasing them. :)
  • kinsaedakinsaeda Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I've been thinking about getting the Hero pack. not so much for the drow or the mount, but the other stuff. I kinda hate spiders anyway. :p
  • kingslayer74kingslayer74 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 75
    edited March 2013
    While I'm not buying all three packs for one person (i.e. me), I have bought the Hero of the North pack for myself, the Guardian pack for my son, the Guardian pack for my daughter, and will be buying the Hero of the North pack for my wife this Friday. I really love the game and want to see it succeed. At least $520 worth of succeeding.
  • varkunvarkun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I bought the Hero pack to start with and picked up the Guardian pack after the first beta weekend.