test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GUNBAD - Truly casual guild for the mature RPG geek like you ;)

horushorus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
normal_gunbad_the_last_guild_you_will_ever_join.jpg

Friends > Loot
Saving the Universe in our spare time for over a decade.

I started Gunbad over a decade ago and we have been playing mmorpgs together ever since. We do not concern ourselves much with pixels and rather concentrate on having a good time. You don't want to join us if you are terribly concerned with doing bleeding edge content 24/7. On the other hand if you would not mind sharing your Neverwinter experience with other people who genuinely like the game, people who don't mind helping and answering questions without having unreasonable expectations from you - then this just might be a good place for you to call home. Come on over to Mindflayer server and see for yourself.

Everyone, any level, any experience, any class, from any timezone is welcome to join. We are a very inclusive, friendly and casual bunch. We have no requirements for joining our Neverwinter in-game chapter, anyone, any age, is welcome to call GUNBAD their home. Our guild website & private Mumble server are both normally restricted to players over 25 years of age but we do make exceptions (especially if a full guild member can vouch for you) once we get to know you better. I think that you will find us to be reasonable and pretty easy to get along with - but you won't know unless you give us a try, so join us and see for yourself ;)

Joining us is pretty much as easy as it gets, simply follow these three steps and you will be in within 24 hours:
Step 1 - Register on our website http://www.gunbad.com
Step 2 - Join the guild http://www.gunbad.com/SWtOR/index.php/topic,82.0.html
Step 3 - Welcome home ;)

A lot of people ask me what our goals are and to be honest I have no idea how to answer that. We are here to play games, G A M E S, what can possibly be our goal? I guess the closest we get to actually having a goal is to have a great time with good friends and experiencing all that the game has to offer. Please note that loot, min-maxing or raiding do not feature in the previous statement.

Guild website : http://www.gunbad.com
Guild leader in-game character name is *TBA* (will likely be lore fitting generated name).
Our server = Mindflayer
GUNBAD is a casual guild for RPG geeks. We have been around for over a decade and we'd like you to join us.
Post edited by horus on

Comments

• unclenerdieunclenerdie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Good job Brother nice write up
  • spellwardenspellwarden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 357 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Well, too early to join anything. But if I do, I would love this casual guild. 30yoa, student with a fair amount of time. Probably gonna be a CC. Been a gamer since Amiga 500. So while I have not been an avid MMO player, I have tried them all.
  • horushorus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well, too early to join anything. But if I do, I would love this casual guild. 30yoa, student with a fair amount of time. Probably gonna be a CC. Been a gamer since Amiga 500. So while I have not been an avid MMO player, I have tried them all.

Sounds great, we'd love to have you with us when the servers open ;) Check us out http://www.gunbad.com and if you wish to get head start here is now to join our guild on our website to unlock the member-only parts of the website.

We have a guild established in-game already on Mindflayer if you would like to join us.

The more of us there will be the merrier ;) This game is going to be a total blast, not to mention foundry.
    GUNBAD is a casual guild for RPG geeks. We have been around for over a decade and we'd like you to join us.
  • horushorus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    We are making great progress and are currently taking volunteers for chapter leadership. Check it out here http://www.gunbad.com/SWtOR/index.php/topic,2155.msg16015/topicseen.html#new
  • skweetispigfistskweetispigfist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hi. I'm not sure if I submitted it right, but if you get an application from a "Buffalo Jake" then that was me and I am totally interested in joining your group. :D

You guys sound great. I myself have never been interested in the "Hardcore" aspects of mmo's such as progression raiding and whatnot. I just like to have fun. Whether that means running a dungeon with some guildies, doing some PvP, crafting, goofing around, or what have you... I just like enjoying different aspects of the games I play without having some hard set goal in mind. To be honest I am extremely relaxed and just seem to go with the flow and do what the group is doing when I log in if there is room.
    edited February 2013
    Hi. I'm not sure if I submitted it right, but if you get an application from a "Buffalo Jake" then that was me and I am totally interested in joining your group. :D

You guys sound great. I myself have never been interested in the "Hardcore" aspects of mmo's such as progression raiding and whatnot. I just like to have fun. Whether that means running a dungeon with some guildies, doing some PvP, crafting, goofing around, or what have you... I just like enjoying different aspects of the games I play without having some hard set goal in mind. To be honest I am extremely relaxed and just seem to go with the flow and do what the group is doing when I log in if there is room.

PM send (on this forum), it's a friend request, once you aproove that we can communicate by PMs (I think).
  • edgecuttedgecutt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    How many members do you have and what time zone are most members in?
    edited February 2013
    edgecutt wrote: »
    How many members do you have and what time zone are most members in?

Our guild has about 87 members that play with us regularly. Hoever we do play different games and it's hard to say how many will make their way to Neverwinter. Considering that it is free to play and free to download (so I was told) I would think that most will give it a try. I am aware of half a dozen that have pre-ordered one of the packs so far (myself included, why it does not show it under my name is a mystery to me). I expect to have anywhere from 6 to 14 people at the guardian pack early start and t least twice that many at launch. The bigger the gap between Neverwinter release and Defiance release the bigger the showing in Neverwinter will be. If they come out at thesame time Defiance will be the more popular game.

Our guild is spread out all over the place but most of us are form West Coast).

We're not a big guild, nor are we a zerg guild. We don't rush to lvl cap either. We stop to smell the flowers and read the quest text.

Let me know if you have any other questions ;) Check out our website at http://www.gunbad.com
    edited February 2013
    We are not about quantity but rather about quality (which has nothing to do with your skill, by quality I mean quality people. Fun, friendly good people to play with.)
    edited February 2013
    Vote for our Neverwinter guild chapter leader!

Everyone is welcome to take part in this vote, you do have to register on our website in order to do so.
  • martialartist81martialartist81 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hey everyone! Blademartial here, and I'm stoked to be the Neverwinter Chapter leader for Gunbad! I'm shaping up all the information for our Chapter guild, so stay tuned for details! I can't wait to see you in game!
    edited February 2013
    Yay! Really looking forward to playing this game in our new chapter under your leadership there sir!
    edited March 2013
    So far so good, more and more guild members are purchasing one of the two packs and we expect to have a sizable showing on early start. Join us!
  • martialartist81martialartist81 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    With another beta weekend coming up this week, we're hoping to get a chance to meet prospective new Gunbad members! Please send me a message, visit us at www.gunbad.com and apply for membership! Join us while we save the universe, in our spare time!
    edited March 2013
    This weekends beta will be tons of fun, join all of out guild members who will be taking part & begin your Gunbad experience this weekend, before the game is even out!
    Friends don't let friends pug, join Gunbad today and experience Neverwinter like it was meant to be experienced - in guild groups from day 1 ;)
    edited March 2013
    Big thanks to everyone who joined us for this weekends beta, it was a ton of fun!

Personally I am choosing between the Guardian and Great Weapon Fighter, so I still have to wait until Great Weapon Fighter is available in future betas.
  • noadareth13noadareth13 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    this guild sounds exactly what i look for in a guild.i would very much like to join when the servers launch
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Horus--You might need to re-check your OP image links and possibly move one to a new link if it's being "word censored".

Great guild BTW, TY for this kind of support!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    this guild sounds exactly what i look for in a guild.i would very much like to join when the servers launch

Sounds great ! :) Join our website to be up to date on all guild developments and the Neverwinter launch/Early Start http://www.gunbad.com
    edited March 2013
    Horus--You might need to re-check your OP image links and possibly move one to a new link if it's being "word censored".

Great guild BTW, TY for this kind of support!

I just took it out, I linked it direct from my host originally.
    edited March 2013
    Neverwinter chapter is growing steadily with more pre-orders each day :) Come and join us!
  • puresurpluspuresurplus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I thought this was the guild for me but understand you are NOT on Mindflayer but Dragon, correct?
    Bryn Morn [DC]
    Viconia VrinnGemma Steelheart [GF]
    Drelle Demonsong [SW]
    Lorakahn Forgedawn

@puresurplus

#TeamFencebane