test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Foundry - Making wilderness trails or roads between cities

eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
edited March 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Have we heard anything about the maximum map sizes in The Foundry?

One thing I'd like to see is alternatives to just clicking on the map to fast travel between cities. I'd like to try making a trail/road wilderness travel adventure that you could actually ride your mounts through and possibly encounter ambushes, or maybe small trails leading off to caverns or hidden forest tombs, etc.

Is it possible to "link" Foundry maps/adventures such that you might come to a gateway and click it and be moved into the next map section?

Comments

• optimatesoptimates Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 33
    edited March 2013
    You absolutely can. I've been watching the Foundry videos available on youtube and used the Foundry tools available on STO and I can tell you it's most definitely possible. Basically, you launch your mission from within Neverwinter as you normally would, and then you can have the transition take you to a wilderness area (A cryptic premade map or one you design) that the player has to get through.

You can put the exit anywhere on the map and then have that exit transition to another outdoor area or to the player's destination. The wilderness map can be as detailed as you desire if yo uwish to put caves or other optional items in there.