test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Disturbed by lack of information on the control Wizard.

bruddajokkabruddajokka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
edited February 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Sure we know that it'll be playable on the next Beta weekend but other then that all we've seen is a thirty minute game play video, and minute, and a half intro video. That's it. Which is distressing. Especially since we've seen a fair bit on the GW: Fighter. Hell we don't even have a slight idea what their tab ability is.
Post edited by bruddajokka on

Comments

• chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    All in due time, do you need to know everything before you play it? Do you not get any joy from discovering things for yourself?
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • soapylandsoapyland Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I doubt after the whole qq where is my Drow fiasco that there will be any comments on anything content related unless done so by a PW moderator.
    Nothing to do but sit patiently and wait.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    There will be a ton of info on the Control Wizard at the end of the next beta weekend. Just like how we didn't have much info on the Trickster Rogue, Guardian Fighter, and Devoted Cleric until after the last beta weekend.
  • heathenhammer9heathenhammer9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Still a few months before the game even has a chance of going live; plenty of time for info.
  • ysil6969ysil6969 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    chili1179 wrote: »
    All in due time, do you need to know everything before you play it? Do you not get any joy from discovering things for yourself?

The guys already dumped 200 dollars on the game. I'm sure he's fairly entitled to be wondering if the class that was announced, and is now un-announced, that he wants to play is even in anymore. I'm sure it will be come launch. I can't see them saying they're going to include something and than not doing it...
    edited February 2013
    ysil6969 wrote: »
    The guys already dumped 200 dollars on the game. I'm sure he's fairly entitled to be wondering if the class that was announced, and is now un-announced, that he wants to play is even in anymore. I'm sure it will be come launch. I can't see them saying they're going to include something and than not doing it...

March 8 Beta Weekend he will get to play it and there will be plenty of information to drool over about it.

You do realize that there are certain aspects of the game that are still covered in the NDA and this includes everything that was not in the previous beta?

$200 does not entitle anyone to previously unreleased information. Sorry, but that's the truth.
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • jdnycjdnyc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 334 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013

$200 does not entitle anyone to previously unreleased information. Sorry, but that's the truth.

Flag on the play. Previously unreleased information? They said there was going to be 5 classes at launch right now. One of them was the Control Wizard. They have since changed that.

It's not about entitlement. It's about how they handled the information change on a few key issues. It's an ethical business issue and the appropriate way of communicating core content choices at launch, after many decided it's something they want to invest in through a founder's pack. Granted the packs don't guarantee that those content things would be in and this is where you would be right about the entitlement thing.

However, how this information was discovered throws a bit of shade. It could impact their launch a great deal. Especially if the wizard was to be absent from the party.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Still maintaining that it is a typo in the Extended FAQ. If we are testing Control Wizards in the next beta weekend, then we should get them when the game goes live. Otherwise, I expect a full and sincere apology with an extensive explanation to why they won't be in at launch.
  • tikorumbleguttikorumblegut Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 201 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    I'm sure they took it out of the faq until the official class reveal, as they have done with the other classes. I believe they are trying to tighten up the ship, so to speak, due to previous assumptions, misinformation, as well as plan changes. It's easy to occasionally mismanage info release in the forums.

Tiko
  • galahad01galahad01 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hello All,

Oh....My..... Trouble in Paradise I see.

I would have to say that even if a class is played in Beta..... I would suspect if there was feedback on it during this time that it is somehow flawed, then I would think that people shouldn't expect to be able to play it at launch.

Anything could happen between now and then, heck even the classes that are being played now in Beta(s) could become flawed due to some hot fix,

Then what?,

Let the Devs do what they have to to get things right, but heck don't complain about something that is in Beta still.

That is the whole point for beta testing, " Iron out the wrinkles ".

Cheers All

P.S. This is why I would never consider getting things before they are actually retail, it just causes frustration and head-aches. Understandable for those who dropped their coin down before release, but it is Beta after all, and while you got good purks for the money you spent, you have to take the good with the bad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

" May The Wind be Always At Your Back "
  • kormaikormai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 91
    edited February 2013
    Well in the first beta i saw alot of control wizard items dropping and they showed fine.
    If one of the classes is more bugged it might be GWF since alot of his items showed as red squares
  • sundraconsundracon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    "Iron out the wrinkles," heh, yeah you could say that. I heard it was sent packing back to the maintenance shed at least 4 times in the alpha. I guess its been a difficult class to get just right.
    [SIGPIC]Gayme 0n[/SIGPIC]
    Rhun, Halfing Fighter of the Greater Weapons
  • bruddajokkabruddajokka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Oh I'm perfectly fine with my purchase. I've said it before that I look at like a kick starter. Sure I get some cool stuff. But it was mainly to support the game which I really enjoyed when I played it at Gencon.
  • azorylazoryl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 42
    edited February 2013
    It has to be a typo...or is it.
  • kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    azoryl wrote: »
    It has to be a typo...
    Errr, yes, a typo they didn't fix despite the uproar that caused PW people to post and mods to step in.
  • visionstorm01visionstorm01 Member Posts: 561 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    No Wizard =/= D&D :mad:
    Nuff' said. :p

It does entitle them to ask (granted, dropping $200 on a game still in beta purely for digital goods might not be exactly the smartest move, but it still entitles them since at that point they became paying costumers--so Cryptic made its own little bed when they went for their $200 cash grab). And has already been pointed out, this was previously released information. Wizards being planned to be in launch was pretty much in since way back in the old forums, like two years ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • winterclaritywinterclarity Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 30
    edited February 2013
    Right now Control Wizard is the one class I am really looking forward to playing. I would be really disappointed if it wasn't in at launch.
    edited February 2013
    jdnyc wrote: »
    Flag on the play. Previously unreleased information? They said there was going to be 5 classes at launch right now. One of them was the Control Wizard. They have since changed that.

It's not about entitlement. It's about how they handled the information change on a few key issues. It's an ethical business issue and the appropriate way of communicating core content choices at launch, after many decided it's something they want to invest in through a founder's pack. Granted the packs don't guarantee that those content things would be in and this is where you would be right about the entitlement thing.

However, how this information was discovered throws a bit of shade. It could impact their launch a great deal. Especially if the wizard was to be absent from the party.

You are touching on a subject that is irrelevant to the quote. I am not dismissing that they previously announced the CW at launch and changed the FAQ, I am talking on the fact of there being little information about the class. Little information because that which has not been in the previous beta play tests are still covered in the NDA. That information (which is still under NDA) is not bought with $200 pack purchase.
    edited February 2013
    No Wizard =/= D&D :mad:
    Nuff' said. :p

It does entitle them to ask (granted, dropping $200 on a game still in beta purely for digital goods might not be exactly the smartest move, but it still entitles them since at that point they became paying costumers--so Cryptic made its own little bed when they went for their $200 cash grab). And has already been pointed out, this was previously released information. Wizards being planned to be in launch was pretty much in since way back in the old forums, like two years ago.

You also seem to not understand that $200 does not buy the right to have information which is covered by the NDA.

The OP is not mentioning anything about launch, only that there is little information, information which will be readily available after March 8th, when the CW information will not be covered by the NDA.

Why is this so hard to understand?

All of this is a moot point since we still have a month of betas to go through and who knows how many more after. I can assure you there will be more information about the class.

I do not see anywhere in the founder pack's list of features where it says "Earns you the right to information about any class you may personally have an interest in before anyone else". It doesn't.
  • drudgydrudgy Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I don't think the lack of info is anything to sweat over. We are still a bit away from the actual launch, and I imagine there's plenty of information that the team has yet to release. Wait and see how the next Beta event goes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click my Sig to view our community website
  • mnaticmnatic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 233 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    darth-vader-i-find-your-lack-of-faith-disturbing.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • doctorcomicsdoctorcomics Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    "I assure you, Lord Vader, we're working as fast as we can. The Wizard will be completed on schedule."

"I hope so, Commander. For your sake. MMO rating sites are not as forgiving as I am."
  • visionstorm01visionstorm01 Member Posts: 561 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    You also seem to not understand that $200 does not buy the right to have information which is covered by the NDA.

The OP is not mentioning anything about launch, only that there is little information, information which will be readily available after March 8th, when the CW information will not be covered by the NDA.

Why is this so hard to understand?

People aren't asking for information covered by the NDA, which in this case would be specific details about the class in question in terms of gameplay, abilities and options (etc.) offered by that class. What people are asking is simple: Is it going to be in at launch or not (no NDA specific info required)? Followed by: OMG, HOW COULD THEY EVEN LAUNCH A "D&D" GAME WITHOUT WIZARDS? GEEZ, R U CRAZY? WHAAAARRRGH!!!! *passes out*
    I do not see anywhere in the founder pack's list of features where it says "Earns you the right to information about any class you may personally have an interest in before anyone else". It doesn't.

It isn't there, because its a basic right you earn any time you buy a product. If you pay for it, you have a right to ask what tha hell is wrong with it.

Asking what's wrong with a product that isn't even released yet seems asinine to me.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    "I assure you, Lord Vader, we're working as fast as we can. The Wizard will be completed on schedule."

"I hope so, Commander. For your sake. MMO rating sites are not as forgiving as I am."

Congratulations. You with the thread.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • firesnakeariesfiresnakearies Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I guess they're waiting to see what the feedback on the class will be from the upcoming beta weekend.
    edited February 2013
    People aren't asking for information covered by the NDA, which in this case would be specific details about the class in question in terms of gameplay, abilities and options (etc.) offered by that class. .
    Sure we know that it'll be playable on the next Beta weekend but other then that all we've seen is a thirty minute game play video, and minute, and a half intro video. That's it. Which is distressing. Especially since we've seen a fair bit on the GW: Fighter. Hell we don't even have a slight idea what their tab ability is.

I'm sorry but that is EXACTLY what he is asking for.

You are reading way more into his post than what is there, and then telling me it says more than it does.
  • bruddajokkabruddajokka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Only I'm not, and I don't appreciate you putting words into my mouth. Hell I don't even know how the hell my Founder status was brought into this. I've never once demanded information. I'm just concerned by the lack of it. Especially due to the fact that we've seen every other class in some form beta or not. Even the Great Weapon Fighter. So I brought up my concern.
    edited February 2013
    Only I'm not, and I don't appreciate you putting words into my mouth. Hell I don't even know how the hell my Founder status was brought into this. I've never once demanded information. I'm just concerned by the lack of it. Especially due to the fact that we've seen every other class in some form beta or not. Even the Great Weapon Fighter. So I brought up my concern.

You're right, I'm sorry, your concern for lack of information lead me to believe you wanted more information. I guess I am just confused by why you would be concerned for the lack of something if you didn't want to know more about it. I'm still confused about it. But you never really mentioned what the actual concern was, that it doesn't exist? That it won't be playable in the beta? That it will not be ready for launch? Where exactly does your concern lay?

Also:
    I never brought up the founder status, that was brought up in some kind of attempt to justify the right to have more information by Ysil6969, so I will assume your hostility over it is directed at them, and rightly so.