test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GWF anticipation?

zeruinzeruin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2013 in The Militia Barracks
I dunno bout you guys, but I'm super psyched about playing GWF. I mean, I also plan on playing Devoted Cleric when I duo with my friend and his GF.. but there's just something awesome about slashing through hordes of enemies with a huge greatsword or axe.

I hope to build the biggest and baddest Half-Orc GWF I can, with the assumption that Half-Orc is gonna have some nice STR and melee bonuses. If not available at launch after all, I'll just go Human. Dwarf isn't bad, but they're just too short.. nothing worse than your great sword poking through the ground. I can't imagine what the Halfling would look like.. sure they scale equipment down some, but the hitboxes would probably look even more awkward.

What kind of companion do you guys plan on having follow you around? I'm thinking a cleric for the extra heals, given they actually heal you. If not, I can always hold out for that Angel of Protection 50 days later.

What race will you choose for your GWF?
Post edited by zeruin on

Comments

• fallenxaphanfallenxaphan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'd haveto go Dwarf, altho im a little hesitant due to there not being 2handed hammers (which all good dwarves should smite with).
    Lifetime Sto subscriber
    Lifetime Champions subscriber
  • bruddajokkabruddajokka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    They have access to more then just swords as a weapon. Off the top of my head there's a great club that falls off the second boss in the cloak tower,
  • vrtnipatuljakvrtnipatuljak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 39
    edited February 2013
    Dwarf Barbarian with Greataxe=awesome :)
  • mintyfizmintyfiz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    admittedly all melee classes need a variety of available weapon types, things get a bit boring otherwise.
  • veltor1234veltor1234 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited February 2013
    me be Goraxe... i's a half orc wit me big axe... i likes ta cut tings...i likes ta cut dwarf da most
  • witchzerowitchzero Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 49
    edited February 2013
    Neverwinter won't have the Half-Orc Race at release. So...that's awkward.

I'm am going to try really hard not to roll a Halfling GWF, so it will probably be a Human GWF for me.
  • zeruinzeruin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?18401-Neverwinter-Extended-FAQ&p=297621&viewfull=1#post297621

funny, the extended faq says otherwise.. and while not completely officially confirmed, other community moderators said that it was a bit of a leak.. sounds good enough for me
  • witchzerowitchzero Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 49
    edited February 2013
    Half-Orc wasn't in the February Beta, but neither was Drow, so maybe they are finishing up some details for the Half-Orc. Halflings aren't in the Race List on the Website but they were in Beta. Would be cool if they got another Race in. :)
  • kimonagikimonagi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Cant see what the problem with halflings is to be honest, they seemed just fine last beta weekend. They are too short to be targeted in PvP and too short to target for heals or maybe they look ridiculous with 2 handed weapons? Dwarves qualify for all of those yet they are still in. I really dont know...
  • bruddajokkabruddajokka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Dwarves are actually pretty big just stopping short of five feet in the case of the males. People just don't seem to like Halflings, and Gnomes. I do know that my GW: Fighter will be a Half-Orc. My Guardian if I ever make one will be a Dwarf. But since I don't like the block mechanic, and find it clunky I doubt I'll make one.
  • kimonagikimonagi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    They was alot of Halfling TR in BW1
  • climaxx44climaxx44 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm with you on making a GWF, but plan on being human though.