test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Well met, now ask me anything!

Comments

• sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    @deathssickle glad to hear of your interest in the Foundry! We'll be announcing more about this soon, stay tuned!
    I heard that there is a Foundry Alpha from CerberusFilms, also, Rob Overmeyer told us he was looking for people who want in the Foundry Alpha, well could you get me in that(I really want to test it a lot and put out great content).

Also are you a volunteer or a hired guy?
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • baalah1baalah1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 106 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    i have my beta key and all but loader page does not seem to show me any servers to connect to, do i need remote assistance??
    www.guildmedieval.com If you need a guild read over our website then consider joining. :cool:
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Also will yall be hiring more volunteer moderators soon, or can you answer that(I wouldnt mind being one)
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I heard that there is a Foundry Alpha from CerberusFilms, also, Rob Overmeyer told us he was looking for people who want in the Foundry Alpha, well could you get me in that(I really want to test it a lot and put out great content.

This with 15 chars.
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • vixisynvixisyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited February 2013
    The reference to the drow being exclusive for the first 60 days is in the aforementioned FAQ thread. If nothing has been announced, why is it in there?

The forum has been in a panic, so some clarity would go a long way.
    vixybanner4_zpsbe1d5d4b.jpg
  • ainilome1ainilome1 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My question:

How did you get such an awesome job? Lucky!
    ainisig.png
    -= Dark Star Syndicate - Heavy RP, Dark Themes =-
    WebsiteRecruitmentVideo
    Administrator of Neverwinter Roleplayers Fansite. Join us!
  • quester827quester827 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    When is the next playtest weekend? Also, will they do both sides of a class, or just one. I know they have Trickster Rogue, but I have a Brawny Rogue I really enjoy playing I.R.L. and might want to model a character after him
  • drudgydrudgy Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Welcome!

I only have one question..

Who would win in a fight? One Orc or 100 goblin sized Orc's? ;)

Welcome!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click my Sig to view our community website
  • thejoshfrostthejoshfrost Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I know a -lot- of people are going to be upset if they can't unlock drow because they didn't buy the founder's pack. The whole "unique background" idea sounds pretty brilliant, so I hope they're doing that instead of making the race itself exclusive.

Anyway.

Q: Can you make dungeon's in The Foundry, or just quests?
  • saikhanaa123saikhanaa123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    hi help me i really want to play NEVERWINTER but it is always telled beta key i need really help me guys yahoo id saikhanaa2012@yahoo.com
  • sundraconsundracon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Halfling is no longer listed in the extended FAQ as a playable race, replaced by half-orc. Typo? or were they pulled?

There is a lot of talk about the drow. Hero pack gives renegade drow and normal drow. Does the guardian pack give normal drow? Does the guardian pack count as a founder's pack? Again, this has become a hot subject with a lot of debate.

Edit:
    Thanks for taking the time to answer questions.
    [SIGPIC]Gayme 0n[/SIGPIC]
    Rhun, Halfing Fighter of the Greater Weapons
  • takigushitakigushi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Q: How much is exactly 125,000 Astral Gems worth? That's exactly the only reason I didnt buy a fouder pack yet...
    edited February 2013
    @vixisyn we haven't announced anything about that yet, but it's under discussion. :)
    vixisyn wrote: »
    I also second the question about the drow exclusivity for the first 60 days. Are they exclusive to just the Hero of the North pack buyers, or will Guardians have access to them too?
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • remrisremris Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Afternoon Sominator, thank you very much for putting up with us today. I actually have a few questions I'm sure everybody else has in mind so here they are.

1. Is there any plans in the future to implement a dynamic event system that helps bring together players to unite against a difficult challenge and or fun activity that doesn't involve kill X / gather Y?

2. Will there be a sense of exploration? For instance you're out exploring and you come across a lore book like a slain adventurer with a diary or discover hidden artifacts that you can collect on your adventure? Sort of like an achievement system.

3. Lastly which this is kind of a fragmented question but will there be a cosmetic outfit system like we've seen in Lotro, rift and everquest? Also will the existing classes Neverwinter has now have split paths say a guardian fighter can choose to go full flat out full tank as they are now, or choose a path that allows you to dual wield or allow some assortment of viable weapons available for them as opposed to being restricted to sword/shield?
    edited February 2013
    @sabatosh thanks! And yes, how about you?
    sabatosh wrote: »
    Hello and congrats. Plus do you like toast?
  • invictaminvictam Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    hello, and congrats. my question: do we have an estimate release date? i dont need an exact date, just a q2 2013 time frame will be enough. Also, after the 2nd scheduled beta week end is there a plan to make a beta test that will run 24/7 until the release of the game?
  • dragonfishdragonfish Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    What is the answer to life, the universe and everything?
  • thejoshfrostthejoshfrost Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Q: Any idea what kind of PvP system will be in the game? Large scale battlegrounds like Guild Wars 2 or smaller like the arena's in WoW?
  • sabatoshsabatosh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I love toast!
    edited February 2013
    @rabb1tdotcom great questions all. You're right, they're mostly under discussion, but I've made a note of them and we'll update the Extended FAQ.

Thanks! :)
    :)

Not sure if you can answer my questions, as one is technical and the others may not be finalized yet. ...

Q: Does Neverwinter support triple monitor?

Q: After I've made an adventure in the Foundry can I update it?
    (Like say someone suggests an improvement or finds a bug.)

Q: Can players who have rated my adventures with x stars and y comment edit their stars and comments?
    (As above, say I changed it and they want to revise stars or comments.)

Q: Assuming the Foundry is accessable this next beta weekend, will my adventure(s) be wiped after the weekend or will they stay open for alpha players and other future beta weekend players to play?
  • ysil6969ysil6969 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well meet! I do have a few questions if you don't mind.
    1. Why did you guys get rid of saves?
    2. Is there going to be skill checks In the game and are we going to be able to put them into the foundry? (Detect secret doors, charisma bluff checks etc.
    3. Is this game going be more hack and slash action that dnd rpg?
    4. Why limit the classes to cookie cutter builds with very few options? I can't even play a melee cleric.

Any answers would be greatly appreciated whenever you get time!
    edited February 2013
    @darkdeathrap thanks!
    Welcome Sominator :)
    edited February 2013
    @mountain45 I haven't had a chance to sit down yet! There's so much to do! :P
    mountain45 wrote: »
    will the chairs be sit-able?

its better for rp even WoW has that option
  • rabb1tdotcomrabb1tdotcom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 57
    edited February 2013
    Q: I saw someone's thingy said "Guardian"? I got the $60 founders Guardian pack, but I still show as 'PWE user'? :(
    sominator wrote: »

Should just be rabb1t, but I guess that was taken. Sad bunnah is saaaddd. :(
    great questions all. You're right, they're mostly under discussion, but I've made a note of them and we'll update the Extended FAQ.

Okees. :) Odd that Alpha testers haven't brought these issues up yet. As soon as I heard about the Foundry (a year ago?) my brain was planning class training quests and several ideas for campaigns started forming (2-4 adventures in a row that connect to chains of different levels).
  • solidagesolidage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 31
    edited February 2013
    Grats on the new gig.

For Neverwinter, what do you envision as the perfect end-game experience for players? is it PvP? PvE? what do the devs have in store? Which MMO's end game do/did you enjoy the most and why?
  • xdroydxxxdroydxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    voc
  • ulfghuldulfghuld Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 45
    edited February 2013
    On March 8th, what time of the day does beta weekend begin? 12am EST? Trying to figure out how early to go to bed on the 7th... (or not at all) :)
    Ulfghuld Bonebreaker - "The only good orc is a dead orc!"
  • solidagesolidage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 31
    edited February 2013
    Q: I saw someone's thingy said "Guardian"? I got the $60 founders Guardian pack, but I still show as 'PWE user'? :(

Click here

then click PERMISSIONS on the right, and set it as Guardian :)
    edited February 2013
    @lucianolima1990 boa tarde, cheers to you! We haven't yet publicly discussed these items in detail, but will soon. Keep an eye out! ;)
    Hello Sominator,
    How are ya?

First, cheers from Brazil (yay!), and sorry for bad english, as not native language. ):
    Now questions:

About wizards, I've always loved D&D for the possibility of having all those different spells (even some wich wasn't all that useful, anyway). How will it be on NWNO? Theres some idea of how many spells will we have?

About feats, I've seen (and Jesus, how many videos I've seen) on many videos that the Feats will work very different from previous D&D games, where you can choose (wrong sometimes) freely your Feats, while on NWNO (as far as I can tell) seems like you'll have to choose "pre defined" Feats. Doesn't it kill a little bit the ideia of it? And about Metamagic Feats (I loved those)?

Thats for all now, but I'll think about more questions later. :D
    Thanks and "Obrigado". (:
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    dragonfish wrote: »
    What is the answer to life, the universe and everything?

The answer is 42.
This discussion has been closed.