test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Do you need a Beta Key? Post here!

Comments

• elazaerothelazaeroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31
    edited February 2013
    I've played Neverwinter Night's 1 for around a decade now and still continue to support its ailing multiplayer community to this day on servers such as Sinfar and Ravenloft: Prisoners of the Mist.

I also played Neverwinter Night's 2 for a long time.

Where as Neverwinter Night's may be different to Neverwinter. I'd say it is the franchises spiritual successor! I'm really interested in getting my fangs into it and participating. My intention us to get my fellow Neverwinter Night's players playing the game when it comes out.

My Gamespy I'D on Neverwinter Night's 1 and 2 are "A Murder of Crows" and "The_Mythic"

Aluve!
    "There is no room for '2' in the world of 1's and 0's, no place for 'mayhap' in a house of trues and falses, and no 'green with envy' in a black and white world. ~Ravel

Scaling the rooftops of the Protectors Enclave since Beta Weekend #1.
  • jasondboothjasondbooth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Would love a key to check it out!
  • lydonblydonb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I need a key so I can decide whether I'm going to shell out my hard earned cash for those founders packs.

I don't like paying that sort of money blindly. Hopefully it will be as entertaining as the BG series.

Thanks in Advance.
  • xevhawkxevhawk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I would also into a try before you buy, a beta key would be awesome.Loved all the Baldurs Gate + expansions and NWN as well, I come from a D&D community so maybe 3 keys would be great so i can test with friends :). Currently playing wow, but when neverwinter comes out be like coming home lol. I still play baldur's gate and nwn and lan with family and friends now and again :).
  • firesnakeariesfiresnakearies Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm looking to give away a key, so I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.

I have a suggestion, though. If someone gives a key to someone in this thread, post and identify the person. And if you receive a key, edit your post stating so. That way people aren't giving multiple keys to the same person.

The thing I'd like to know from key applicants is simple: What's your favorite computer game of all time?

EDIT: My key has been given away. Congratulations to elazaeroth!
  • hughzy9hughzy9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well firesnakearies, my favorite PC game of all time would have to be a split between 3 amazing games; Champions of Krynn, TES III Morrowind, and the original Medieval Total War.

The amount of hours I invested in these games is absolutely ludicrous, the thought of which sometimes keeps me up at night in a guilt fueled trance haha.

I do not believe that I am more worthy than any other forumite in here, though I would greatly appreciate a key if you are so willing.

Hope to hear back soon :)
  • wallace90wallace90 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I don't need a key anymore, But thanks for giving me the chance. Good Luck to everyone!
  • kalvorakkalvorak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 45
    edited February 2013
    Hi all,

I'd love a beta key for a couple of reasons. Firstly, as awesome as the game looks I'm not in a position to take a gamble on $60 at the moment so it would be a great way to try it out first. Secondly, I'm really hoping that down the line the foundry is available to beta test because I plan on making campaigns (and already have one sketched out), but I need to know just what options you have and what you can do with the tools. I'm also wary of writing out an entire campaign only to find that Cryptic have used a similar storyline already. It would be great to find out how they're handling different factions and whether it's advanced the lore beyond what I know (inevitably it has), as I want to make sure my story and characters are as relevant as possible. Naturally I also intend to provide feedback about whatever I test, so it benefits Cryptic too :)

I'm also eager to try out all the classes before launch because I can't help thinking they all look awesome, even if I am leaning quite heavily towards the Devoted Cleric. It doesn't quite match the battle cleric I always played in d&d but I just can't say no to Flame Strike :D

Thanks all :)

firesnakearies - I'm not sure what my favorite game of all time is, it's too hard to say. I could rattle off a list of several games right now but in 10 minutes I'll think of another game, then another, and another... I'm not very good at lists, let alone picking one! One thing I do know is that I loved playing through IWD2 (I think it was 2) with just one character - a sorcerer. Nothing has ever made me feel as awesome as that :D Leveling up incredibly quickly and getting very quick access to powerful spells to decimate everything. Just required a lot of effort early on as you were incredibly vulnerable.
  • belzubbelzub Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 43
    edited February 2013
    @firesnakearies To keep it very short. Baldur's Gate. No other game since has immersed me as much, despite the fact it's been years since it got released.
  • dagger2thugtrap7dagger2thugtrap7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    Hi firesnakearies!
    I would be keen on a beta key, but first and foremost to enrapture you, lo my favorite computer games: Dragon Age:Origins (about roleplaying and stack of side quests), then Drakensang (which is a looting MMO with the pleasure of lofty and core stats equipments), and the last: Diablo III (in hack n' slash with a beautiful monsters, crafting and combat system)!
  • ottowigforsottowigfors Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hi every1 :D
    Got totally caught up with this game when I saw a game play at youtube today. Been into D&D for a few years and would love to try this out. So, are you a fantastic person? Do you posses a spare beta key? Do you want company in what appears to be an awesome game? Don't hesitate, send me a beta key right away <3

Best regards, Otto
  • prnprn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    God damn you people, I don't want your keys ! Stop giving them to me !
  • theophieltheophiel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    With a biiiig smile on my face i would ask, if someone have another Beta-Key *smiiiiileee*
  • macabrivsmacabrivs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 417 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    First of all i think we all should thank for ur post since theres a lot of people rly wanting to try the game.

As for me, i from Portugal and things here are not that good lol i personly cant afford to pay the money to get in beta. Im a huge pnp D&D game since 2th edition althou i didnt play it but watch some friends playing and was inlove by the game from that day. I start with 3th edition when it came out and play since then, i played 3.5 and 4th editions aswell. Im also an MMO players so im waiting for a game like neverwinter for a LONGGGG time. I also play the hold baldur's gate and neverwinter nights series.

Im also in Neverwinter forums since the summer of 2011 and follow the game since that date, saw every video out there, read all the interviews with devs and i read all the critics about nevewinter all over the internet.

Not sure if i will ever get a place in close beta but hopefully cryptic will add some older community members to, at least, the last close beta.... Well, if not i will just wait a couple more months and try on open beta.
  • thecainthecain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Why do I deserve a Beta Key? I probably don't, seeing as I was so late to actually register with the site to actually get a key. But it wasn't my fault! Honest. I ran outta gas. I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from outta town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake, a terrible flood, locust's. It wasn't my fault!! I swear to God!!

... Actually, I just wasn't interested until the Great Weapon Fighter and Devoted Cleric were shown off. I will, however, give you my Top 10 reasons why I would be an excellent choice to join the Beta.

1: I will fight for the right of all autonomous citizens to be represented as a playable race. Seriously, Warforged Sorcerers. Make it happen. Nothing says death, doom, and despair like Ye Olde Gundam holding his hands up and firing an arcane Kamehameha that wipes out that slays a Dragon. Rather than be a Dragon Slave.

2: I always keep my promises. When Rusty Hearts started coming out with characters, I said I'd buy them... IF they dropped down to around $5. It had been several months since I quit, but during the holiday Steam sales, they knocked the prices down on the packages for Meilin Chen and Roselle. I totally bought them, just to show my support to the devs.

3: I actually want to roll a Healer class. Seriously. No one wants to do these things. Yet I will play a Tiefling Cleric, if only show I can pretend I'm flinging out Longinus Lances. Ain't no monsters know 'bout my Absolute Terror Field.

4: When, and if, the Ranger comes out, I fully intend to name my ranger "ThePrismRanger". Who else is gonna crash the Villainous Party?

5: I tend to make good use of in-game bonuses. When in LOTRO, I used the music system to play "Golbeza, Clad in Darkness" on a Barrows run on my Minstrel.

6: The first Mace/Hammer weapon I get on my Great Weapon Fighter, I will start loudly singing the It's LOG!" song. Because clobbering was never so much fun...

7: I don't intend to use the beta as a reason to "test the game early". Instead, I intend to actually give feedback. Beta is the time when the game is being shaped, knowing my opinion could shape an entire game world would be pretty epic.

8: I've been beta testing for the past 10 years. At first it started as seeing the game early, but I started actually participating in betas and giving feedback as well as screenshots. Unfortunately, the 2 games I did this the heaviest with never used any of this information, and came out crappy (Warcraft Online, Hellgate London).

9: My first character will NOT be a Drow named "Drizz'l Durden". Promise. But seriously, the first rule about Underdark is we don't talk about Underdark! Or the psychic Zoidbergs.

10: I totally just made you imagine Illithid scuttling through Underdark going "WOOB WOOB WOOB WOOB WOOB!". Admit it.
  • elazaerothelazaeroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31
    edited February 2013
    I'm looking to give away a key, so I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.

I have a suggestion, though. If someone gives a key to someone in this thread, post and identify the person. And if you receive a key, edit your post stating so. That way people aren't giving multiple keys to the same person.

The thing I'd like to know from key applicants is simple: What's your favorite computer game of all time?

The pikin' Hardheads know it. Berks from the Hive know it, and you can bet your last jink that the Takers know the dark of it! Planescape: Torment, Baby!
    "There is no room for '2' in the world of 1's and 0's, no place for 'mayhap' in a house of trues and falses, and no 'green with envy' in a black and white world. ~Ravel

Scaling the rooftops of the Protectors Enclave since Beta Weekend #1.
  • tinsoldier412tinsoldier412 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Not gonna post a sob story, cause I don't have one. Can't afford the packs right now to get early access, so I would appreciate a key :)
  • reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    i think i deserve a key, because i have been playing rpg's for many years, i've played all the baldurs gate's and dragon age although i like baldurs gate better.

i have played my share of mmo's both paid(FFXI,WOW) and open beta(aion,shayia,DDO,LOTRO) i have closed beta tested quite a few games of different genres(dynasty warriors online, dust514, raiderz, the secret world, guild wars 2, metal assault,etc).

I am a programmer and game designer, another key factor is that i have a large family and if they like what they see me playing they will spread the word so thats a whole lot of free publicity.

One other thing i'm a huge R.A.Salvatore fan, though i am assuming most here are.
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • raivullraivull Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am in the same boat as some others who have posted. While I don't really feel I deserve a key anymore then someone else, I would love to try the game before buying a founders pack. So if anyone would like to give me one I would be grateful.
  • kojekoje Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'd love one beta key for my two sons (ages 10 & 6) and I to check out the game. We enjoy gaming together and it's great father and son fun. We enjoy family friendly games like Civilization V, Pirates 101, Wizard 101, and Duels of the Planeswalker but I can't afford to pay for three subscriptions to every game that comes along so we usually get one subscription and we each create a character on one account and take turns watching each other play. We enjoy talking about our characters and adventures.

We're looking forward to Neverwinter because being a truly f2p game we can at last each have our own account and actually play together at the same time. I can't tell you how excited I am to set out on an adventure with my two boys! So, if anyone has a key to spare you would make two boys (and their dad) very happy.

Thanks!
  • liger000xliger000x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'll admit I'm a little new to the game of D&D (just started to do table top with some friends) but the world heh the world I'm familiar with. What I'm not new to is the world of mmos I have tested and played many a game I'm an avid mmo-gamer my knowledge of mmos can only be measured in depths and believe me its so deep 60ft dark vision wouldn't help you. Now why I should get a key...good question here's my answer I'll test and I'll push limits to find every bug and glitch(while still enjoying myself an game is a game after all) I can, I want this game to succeed and I wanna help..so let me, unleash me in the forgotten realms and I'll give you a reason to remember them.

Ware Beshaba's gaze - for it is horrible
    Seek Tymora's smile - for it is blissful
    Avoid Cyric's name - for it means death
    19.jpg
  • grimrod614grimrod614 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Beta would definitely make my weekend a great one indeed. Thanks kindly for considering me.
  • vyrennvyrenn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    if given the key me and my brothers would test the game after all of us playing baldurs gate 1-2 icewind dale 1-2 nwn 1-2 we have been excited for this game since we heard about it gl to everyone in the thread but think of it this way you make 3 people happy picking me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • apostlesapostles Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 58
    edited February 2013
    What's your favorite computer game of all time?
    Temple of Elemental Evil.
    It's the only PC game that has captured the combat and tactical system of DnD almost perfectly. Every once in awhile I blow the dust off my copy of TOEE and install it just to experience that amazing game again. I also loved the fact you can create your whole party before starting the adventure just like in the Icewind Dale series. Damn, just writing about TOEE makes me wanna go and play it again. I might just have to do that... like right now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xavierlionfang85xavierlionfang85 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Only thing i have to say is Played all the Neverwinter games,TOEE,all BG and IWD,played the table top for 15 years, and really been waiting for a online version of this game since I played the frist neverwinter nights
  • mo0shak3mo0shak3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I don't really need or deserve a key as those simply give early access to the game and I'm content to wait if I must. I would however very much appreciate a key as I plan on making helpful videos for new players, or people who are looking into a different class, after launch. I'm an experienced raider who has played WoW and EQ1 for 8 years and 11 years respectively and figuring out video games is what I do best. I would use this early access to learn as much as possible and test the game as much as I possibly could so that when the full release launches I can be ready to roll out the tutorials.

If you would like to see some of my already made videos for WoW please look up Neflewitzinc on youtube. While I'm not pro quality in the videos I've made I feel as though I've learned quickly and have produced higher quality tutorials the longer I've made them. My LPs and Vlogs are terrible though, I wouldn't really watch those.

Having just read through the rest of the thread I wish I could give us all beta keys, almost every single person who has posted here has a valid reason and want to try this game next beta weekend.

To answer the favorite video game question I would have to say, from my heart of hearts, Everquest 1. I was born and raised on Everquest and Ultima Online as a kid and nothing will ever give me the same joy that I used to get from Everquest, not even itself. While that's a sad thing to know I've come to terms with it. A more practical answer is Diablo 2. I've played that game from release to last night and have loved every second of it and hated many minutes too, stupid standing still for the block or dodge animation WHY DID I HAVE TO ROLL A TANKAZON?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
  • moskibearmoskibear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Greetings,

I was a passionate player of Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2 for many years. While I am aware Neverwinter has no real affiliation other than its setting, I do long to return to the Forgotten Realms, even moreso in a current-generation MMO setting. There are hundreds of MMOs out there, and I feel this one has a certain click for me that I haven't felt since a long time. I have no extended experience with MMOs other than the few big names, but I feel this one has a lot of potential. I love tanking classes, and seeing all the guardian videos so far it looks more active and fun than in other MMOs. The setting as well as the combat seem my big draws right now, as well as the promise of not being stuck on one server.

Kind regards,
    Moskibear
  • firesnakeariesfiresnakearies Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    elazaeroth wrote: »
    The pikin' Hardheads know it. Berks from the Hive know it, and you can bet your last jink that the Takers know the dark of it! Planescape: Torment, Baby!

We have a winner!

What can change the nature of a man's beta access?

I can. Check your PMs.
  • xavierlionfang85xavierlionfang85 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
  • ashrox10ashrox10 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Vuxadin@Kaelangx on Mindflayer.
    PvE Enthusiast.
    mbre6g.jpg