test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Off-Topic: say hello if you're a fellow DDO player

extinction777extinction777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 185 Bounty Hunter
edited March 2013 in Off Topic
I've seen a lot of reference on these forums regarding DDO which leads me to think there are more of us here then just myself.

Server: Khyber
Guild: Crush It
Characters: Prey, Extinction, Xtinction

I played DDO from launch. I've taken quite a few breaks over the years and currently am on another break from DDO. Looking forward to checking out this game next beta weekend.

So any other DDO'ers out here say hello.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Extinction - GWF
Post edited by extinction777 on

Comments

• Options
    atherratherr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 55
    edited February 2013
    Hello fellow DDO player! im on Khyber.
  • Options
    undeadcrabbundeadcrabb Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hello, I'm in Cannith.
    Folow me on Deviant art! ;)
  • Options
    quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm also a Khyberian: Coreforged (Monk), Quorforged (Fighter/Monk), Coruni (Bard). Played since F2P started, also on a break now.

Don't think I recognize your characters, but do recognize the guild. Pretty sure I've seen your leader around here.
  • Options
    bezza1985bezza1985 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 83
    edited February 2013
    I'm on Argo....Order of the Silver Dragons in there too. Too many toons to name (21 I think), but Freagar, Rethnour and Acquirer are my mains...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Perth, Western Australia
    http://silverdragons-lair.net/
  • Options
    orriicorriic Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I played DDO but Im excited for neverwinter becuase I've wanted to play as a tiefling I didnt really make it very far in DDO though it was fun
  • Options
    oldskylanceroldskylancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    DDO founder here. I'm excited about Neverwinter but from what I've seen I don't think it'll be a replacement as more a supplement.
    e84df321-2eb4-4d3b-97d2-854aa247afc4_zps96a2cec8.jpg

Orcus bane, Knight-wanderer of the Sword Coast
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    DDO Founder here as well. I rarely play anymore though, too much of a repetitive grind for me. One day though, I'll end up getting the MotU expansion just so I don't miss out any any story telling and lore that pertains to the Forgotten Realms.

Khyber. Rangers of the Realms guild and Order of the Blue Flame guild. I forget all my characters names, have three accounts worth. One's Founder VIP, another is just VIP and the third is pure froob.

Yeah, I can safely say that my opinion is that these two games are more of a compliment to each other, to allow the D&D feel in two varied ways that will appear to a wide audience. I'm sure many will continue to play both.
  • Options
    karischkarisch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    DDO player here too, been playing on and off since it started.. they moved us Euros to the Ghallanda server and there i have stayed, been doing some dungeon runs with guildies a couple of nights a week lately, while we wait for Neverwinter.

Server - Ghallanda
    Guild - Sarcastic Malevolence
    Characters - Lynzza Mala'corva, Lynzia Faer'kul, Xamia Veir'kul - those are my clerics which is what i am playing atm :D
    Sarcastic Malevolence
    Recruitment is CLOSED!!
  • Options
    sidreussidreus Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Another DDO player.

I started on EU days when level cap was 14 and there ain't monkies around. Been an on and off player since then.

After City of Heroes shut down we started playing regularly on Orien. My characters generally short lived because of the problem I will explain below. Mostly play my favorite classes; Druids, Bards and Sorcerers.

However for me DDO ends around level 14-15. I hate high content grinding and bad player behavior which I can call elitist which you face frequently on high levels. Generally game community is very nice but nicer back on EU and before F2P.

So knowing Cryptic (from CoH and Champions Online) I am really looking forward to this game. They can tell very good stories, plan fun missions and most importantly grinding/leet loot is very insignificant so you can enjoy all their games from level 1 to level cap.
  • Options
    xeiken1xeiken1 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm curious, how is DDO holding it lately? are servers full? is high-end enjoyable?
  • Options
    hametehamete Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    xeiken1 wrote: »
    I'm curious, how is DDO holding it lately? are servers full? is high-end enjoyable?

honestly, It is still going strong, but I think the game hasn't aged particularly well. I'm working with a friend to write up a "How has it held up" type review. I can post the link of the final review on our blog when we're done if you'd like. High end is sadly still locked behind hours of meaningless grinding + incredibly hard difficulties and worse... money.
  • Options
    eeynoeeyno Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 102 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    I was a DDO founder as well. Purchased 3 boxed sets for the family. Sadly we lost interest quickly as many of our friends didn't enjoy it as much plus their subscription method was not as non credit card friendly as WoW was so we ended up back in WoW to follow our friends.

I enjoyed the game but I wasn't a fan of the campaign setting. Also the game appeared to be more about who had the most money and many players used a ton of clickable items and consumables instead of player abilities. Most of the characters I liked to play turned out to be worthless since a wand could do most of what I would of been used for (cleric).

I'm hoping that's not the case in this game.. I already have concerns with potions and their quick timers. My wife is itching to play her warrior again though so as long as she is having fun then I will.