test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Archives] Download Issues

Comments

• csqwarriorcsqwarrior Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thank you for giving us the patcher file separately at that link (http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=7241), because for some reason, that worked perfectly for me while the proper download wouldn't work at all. Unfortunately, I just installed the game in my downloads folder...
  • palpiterpalpiter Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    hi im currently having a problem trying to patch the client (was able to play without problems yesterday).
    using ctrl+c to copy the error brings up a commandline telling me a bit more about the error. here's the paste:
    Patch: Got command DO_BUTTON_ACTION Night:Neverwinter
    startPatch, current root C:/Program Files (x86)/Cryptic Studios/Neverwinter/Live
     new Night:Neverwinter
    Connecting with root C:/Program Files (x86)/Cryptic Studios/Neverwinter/Live
    PatchClientLib: connecting to patchserver.crypticstudios.com:7255
    PatchClientLib: redirecting to 208.95.184.179:7255
    PatchClientLib: skipping unneeded autoupdate CrypticLauncherNNO
    PatchClientLib: successfully connected
    PatchClientLib: Using HTTP patching: server nwhttppatch.crypticstudios.com port
    80 prefix Night
    Loading manifest: C:/Program Files (x86)/Cryptic Studios/Neverwinter/Live/.patch
    /NightClient.manifest...done
    Loading hoggs...done.                                                 (0.07)
    Deleting files...done (0 deleted).                                    (0.00)
    Deleting rogue files...done (0 deleted).                              (0.00)
    Examining hoggs...done.                                               (0.23)
    PatchClientLib Error: The patchclientlib is internally recording error code : 36

A file was locked that could not be open for writing - Could not rename file tha
    t could not be overwritten (C:/Program Files (x86)/Cryptic Studios/Neverwinter/L
    ive/GameClient.exe)
    PatchClientLib Error: The patchclientlib is returning error code : 36
    A file was locked that could not be open for writing
    Error 36: A file was locked that could not be open for writing. Restart in 10.
    Error 36: A file was locked that could not be open for writing. Restart in 9.

• luminis2luminis2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hi all.

I managed to play the beta yesterday, but today, when trying to login I've got this message in the downloader mirror: D3DX9_37.dll - a file was locked that could not be open for writing... error36

I tried to reboot my pc, but nothing.

Great game so far.
  • luminis2luminis2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    hi im currently having a problem trying to patch the client (was able to play without problems yesterday).
    using ctrl+c to copy the error brings up a commandline telling me a bit more about the error. here's the paste:

I was about to write the same thing

2m6nb6f.jpg
  • palpiterpalpiter Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    derp.... i found the cause of the problem.
    for everyone who has installed the game into the "programm files" or "programm files (x86)" folders and gets the error 36:
    you have to run the programm as administrator (rightclick->run as administrator) so it can patch the files correctly.
    (damn windows)
    edited February 2013
    palpiter wrote: »
    derp.... i found the cause of the problem.
    for everyone who has installed the game into the "programm files" or "programm files (x86)" folders and gets the error 36:
    you have to run the programm as administrator (rightclick->run as administrator) so it can patch the files correctly.
    (damn windows)

damn UAC.. yes it seems to work. n1 palpiter
  • lawprelawpre Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My system is fine but I use ALOT of public networks and it WILL take plenty of time to download the client - so far (from a deli hot spot) I am at 2.30% after downloading for at least 35 minutes.

May want to warn people about this.

Also, my Malwarebytes keeps going off - so I will report if their is a problem with the download because of that later.

yeah... malwarebytes is going off during the download... will see what it effects..

download from University WiFi is way faster...
  • lightspeed2k10lightspeed2k10 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    OK, same issue with malwarebytes. Goes off constantly, what is your download trying to do?

Downloaded game and finally played some sunday night just before beta went down. Went back tonight looking for the launcher and game on my system but don't see it anywhere. I can't find the .exe anywhere?
  • jaxshroomjaxshroom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 30
    edited February 2013
    I cant download:(
  • bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I can't download but not sure if I'm allowed too.
  • atringatring Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 233 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    The download links are greyed out for me.

Part of the problem since December, 2012.
  • sws0012sws0012 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    i cant download the game is that cause u cant download till the beta is online? i got my founders pack sooooo
  • kiznickkiznick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4
    edited February 2013
    My option to download is also greyed out. I've got the Torchlight 2 Pre-Order code input too! According to the schedule, this should mean I am eligible for this weekend's beta.
  • shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    kiznick wrote: »
    this should mean I am eligible for this weekend's beta.
    You mean the second beta weekend? In march? http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?30761-Neverwinter-Beta-Weekend-details-Read-this-first!
  • kiznickkiznick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4
    edited February 2013
    That's what I meant. Regardless, it has never given me the option to download. Will it not do so until we can login? I figured I'd at least try to pre load it on the computer. My bad.
  • shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If it goes like first beta weekend, you will be allowed to download the very same week of the second beta weekend. I suppose that Cryptic will post the proper information as we get close to the next beta weekend.
  • magarpl2magarpl2 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    i cant even click on download...
  • leznixleznix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9
    edited February 2013
    The download button for both direct and torrent are greyed out.
    Any other mirror sites where I can grab the client?
  • ashrox10ashrox10 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    leznix wrote: »
    The download button for both direct and torrent are greyed out.
    Any other mirror sites where I can grab the client?

It's greyed out for everyone currently afaik as you don't need the client until March anyway :)
    Vuxadin@Kaelangx on Mindflayer.
    PvE Enthusiast.
    mbre6g.jpg
  • leznixleznix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9
    edited February 2013
    ashrox10 wrote: »
    It's greyed out for everyone currently afaik as you don't need the client until March anyway :)

I see. Many thanks.
  • l1zardo1l1zardo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Its grey if you do not have a beta key activated on your PW account.
  • juppotheorcjuppotheorc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have a Beta key from Pax which I thought assured my participation in the Beta although it seems like I haven't been assigned a day I can join yet. However, I get the impression that some people here aren't starting their Beta test immediately but are able to download the game. The option to download is still greyed out on the download page. Just want to check to see if this is as it should be or if this is a problem.
  • runnyrunnrunnyrunn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Download available right now for me.
    Torrenting away at 4+mb/s
  • daflapindaflapin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm getting account error after putting in my password. Is anyone else getting this? Same account as STO and CO
  • reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    i downloaded it and i dont even have a code just nice to have the icon on my desktop for now lol
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • alsarothalsaroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    daflapin wrote: »
    I'm getting account error after putting in my password. Is anyone else getting this? Same account as STO and CO

I'm getting it as well. Could be because the games isn't released yet. ;)
    "A rare display of intelligence, undoubtedly fleeting." - Edwin Odesseiron
  • dewansodewanso Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    i have this issue that i was trying to download the game from "Direct Download" but it download some setup.exe, when i launch that is closing my google chrome and starting some Speedy something installation after that it close and nothing happens . Please help, because from torrents is really downloading really slowly
  • ramotedramoted Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    on after i im done download loading im seeing only 2 shards star trek online and champions online..COME ON.i wanna play never winter not no stupid space <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and super hero games
  • macsimovmacsimov Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    No beta key nothing is free to play ?
  • hedgehog8hedgehog8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Is the download available now? I mean the actual 'client', not being able to play?
    Torrents don't work for me because of specific settings of net where I live, and direct download is just strange:
    During the first weekend I somehow got it working, it was like 200 kb/sec, so I decided I DL it later(it was Sunday evening, so I wouldn't get to play anyway). But now when I try to download using the 'direct downloader', it have a 0.01-0.03 kb/sec, and practically nothing is downloading at all.

First I thought it's something with my computer - but I got it working on the first weekend.
    Second thought - client is just unavailable for download now(which is quite logical - if you can't play, why would you need client?). But again, I see all the people on the forums writing that they download the client (like every day), so I assume it works for some people.

Anyway, what's the actual situation and what's my problem? Is it possible to download client now(so on next beta weekend I can play right away)? What could be the problem (again, it did dl at 200 kb/sec during first weekend, my bad that I didn't get it at that time)

PS Oh, I got 'Guardian of Neverwinter pack'
This discussion has been closed.