test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PC Gamer beta keys and other stuff

draul213draul213 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
edited February 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So I've not found if they have decided what to do with the PC Gamer Beta key. I have registered one and cannot seem to play. Any info on when we can test the game ?

Now thats out of the way.

So Keeping in mind I've not played DND for 8 years and don't know the new dnd rules or anything I will continue this post.

I know of 4 Archetypes announced with 5 classes total.

Fighter- The Guardian Fighter, The Great Weapon Fighter
Rogue- The Trickster Rogue
Wizard- The Control Wizard
Cleric- The Devote Cleric

Now having played other dnd games and the other neverwinter games this seems kind of low. However I am sure you have 3 different play styles within those classes that will most likely greatly differe gameplay, almost adding prestige classes into the mix , in a sense. I figure they will add Barbarian, Bard, Ranger, Monk, Druid, Sorcerror, Warlock, and Paladin at other dates after launch and the possiblities are endless there with the source content from dnd.

The way I am looking at this game is that its Neverwinter, not NEVERWINTER nights. It is based around the forgotten realms Neverwinter city.

Now again I am aware that because of how they are designing classes it most likely means a Cleric- Warpriest or something to that effect will make it into the game. I just cant help look at Cleric though and go wow that looks <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. A cleric not having heavy armor with a shield and mace seems weird. They are still smiting but it isn't the same.

The other thing which I wish the game had and am not entirely sure if it doesnt have it but I am assuming it doesn't since no other cryptic game has had is interactive story telling. Again it was a huge part of NWN and I've come to terms that it isnt NWN, Its NEVERWINTER. But I would still like to see some real content and some story voice overs. Most people these days hate reading. If they have to read they just rush through the quests never paying attention to story.

Then because there isn't much info out there I am curious to find out what kind of guild content will exsist in this game. Any Open World PVP at all ? PVP at all what kind of pvp ? Raids ?

All this aside I think the game looks great. By watching different streams on twitch.tv I can feel each attack the rogue is making. Its chunky but fluid and versatile if that makes any since. Combat seems great.

Anyway im done here. Feel free to comment.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by draul213 on

Comments

• Options
    johnny305johnny305 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I think PC gamer can access beta starting with the 2nd beta weekend(next one).

I read it somewhere but do not have a link, maybe somebody does.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    They have not revealed when the PC Gamer key will be available. Next play session is in March and that deals with people that have already purchased a PWE item like lifetime subscriptions and preorders of some of their products.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Originally they did say PC gamer beta key holders would be 2nd weekend as you can see here:
    Okay folks! I have a bit of clarification for you straight from the busy CM PinPointError himself!

PAX and GenCon Beta Keys are on a Phased Access level.
    This means that they will slowly roll in these Beta Keys as they ramp up the need for Beta Testers. You might get into the First Weekend or you might not get in until the Third Weekend or beyond. Watch your Emails once we get closer to the Weekends!
    The Hero of the North Founder's Pack grants you Beta Access starting with the First Beta Weekend!
    The PC Gamer Magazine Mount/Beta Key grants you Beta Access starting with the Second Beta Weekend!
    http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/634/view/forums/thread/374061/page/2

Now they updated it to:
    Other Beta participants - Information to be revealed
    PC Gamer promotional keys.
    PAX / GenCon / Keys from game conventions and events.
    Community Beta key giveaways through Facebook and Twitter.
    Promotional Beta keys on partner sites.
    And more!
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?30761-Neverwinter-Beta-Weekend-details-Read-this-first!

If they want to keep holding people out of beta hoping they will buy the $60-200 pack that is just going to anger the ones that are fans and making more people think this game is a money grab.

Why would they not just let everyone that already has entered a beta key in already starting with the 2nd one? The people that bought $60-200 packs already got to play now and got all their items they paid for.

They are also spreading a lot of negative feedback and asking fro refunds in many cases. maybe people that did not spend $60-200 would see the beta in a more positive view and give out more feedback that is positive and get more people to buy the packs or at least or join up when the game releases.
  • Options
    jim1771jim1771 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    johnny305 wrote: »
    Originally they did say PC gamer beta key holders would be 2nd weekend as you can see here:

Now they updated it to:

If they want to keep holding people out of beta hoping they will buy the $60-200 pack that is just going to anger the ones that are fans and making more people think this game is a money grab.

Why would they not just let everyone that already has entered a beta key in already starting with the 2nd one? The people that bought $60-200 packs already got to play now and got all their items they paid for.

They are also spreading a lot of negative feedback and asking fro refunds in many cases. maybe people that did not spend $60-200 would see the beta in a more positive view and give out more feedback that is positive and get more people to buy the packs or at least or join up when the game releases.

Typical Cryptic. Say something then change it when they feel like it.
  • Options
    armored22armored22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I agree with you 100% Johnny305 sadly the market today is very different then it was back in the early 2000's as i remember being paid to play betas where now you have to pay to play them. Times have changed and sadly thus making the MMO community change for the.., well i'll let you guys decided which word finishes that sentence.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    The longer I wait to play this, the more I look forward to ESO and ArcheAge and the more I keep playing Tera and other games too. The more I invest time in those games the less likely I will put money into this game Neverwinter.

So, if they are smart they would let a lot of people in next beta now that they have our attention, now doing so will just push us to otehr games while we wait. Nobody has a long attention span nowadays, another difference from the 2000s to the 2010s.
  • Options
    draul213draul213 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yea Johnny, I totally get that. I started playing Tera. That Free 2 Play model is amazing. And the longer they take to get this game out or the longer they take letting people get their hands on it, the more it hurts them in the long run. The game was originally suppose to be released q4 of 2012 and has been pushed back several time. I take that as a good thing but a bad thing. I would rather see a game be fun and completed with few bugs rather than missing content and be bug ridden and unplayable. So I do kind of get why they haven't released it yet. But at some point it will get the SWTOR effect where it takes so long to come out the hype turns to hate and no one will play it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    PC gamer was post second week, but then quickly taked off. It was during the madness of the founder packs. So no one know yet of PC gamer.
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited February 2013

Because their estimates of how many people the servers could handle accommodated the number of packs sold, but didn't accommodate the number of other keys out? They're still very early in the beta process, and have a lot of debugging stuff active in the code that impacts performance.
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Logic, what is that doing here!? Seriously thank you Syberghost!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    atherratherr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 55
    edited February 2013
    Thanks for the post. I also got the PC gamer items. Thought we could get in this first Beta. But's it's all good if our turn is upcoming. Funny thing is when I tried logging in beta, It let me in for a few seconds and then kicked me out which made me more confused. lol......all good. Will wait to hear about PC gamer.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    Because their estimates of how many people the servers could handle accommodated the number of packs sold, but didn't accommodate the number of other keys out? They're still very early in the beta process, and have a lot of debugging stuff active in the code that impacts performance.

They aren't very early in beta. They are already selling beta packs and took down NDA and everything, so it is essentially an open beta already but they just want as many people to pay up front by dangling beta access to entice them.

They know if they let many people in with PC gamer and other non $60-200 beta keys, then those people will not buy a $60-200 pack.

Things like this where companies get greedy just angers customers, when will they learn?
  • Options
    nethershadowsnethershadows Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    They aren't very early in beta. They are already selling beta packs and took down NDA and everything, so it is essentially an open beta already but they just want as many people to pay up front by dangling beta access to entice them.

They know if they let many people in with PC gamer and other non $60-200 beta keys, then those people will not buy a $60-200 pack.

Things like this where companies get greedy just angers customers, when will they learn?

It's pretty closed for an open beta, wouldn't you say? For an open beta they still have some stuff in alpha testing and alpha testers are still NDA...So...wha?
  • Options
    shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The people that bought $60-200 packs already got to play now and got all their items they paid for.
    No, we have not. The items are for release. That they may give some or not during beta is a different story. Weekend one only had: astral diamonds, extra bag and the Founder title. But even if we had gotten all during that weekend, it'd be irrelevant because we paid for items that belong to the after release phase, not for beta.

But we are not talking about selling betas or not. Only about people wanting to sample the game asap. No one must read that stuff like that beta keys guarantee beta access at some point but it doesn't say when or for how long. They could give beta access to the PC Gamer users the very last day during the very last hour, and they wouldn't be breaching the letter that goes with the beta keys. The internet backslash would be epic but they would have played according to what they actually offered but people didn't bother to read and/or accept.
  • Options
    bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I got PC gamer code and I will still buy a 60dollar pack for wife and son. I'm just going to wait till I can try the game first. If the packs are gone by the time I get to try it and I like the game I will spend 60dollars for just ingame stuff. I plan on spending the price of a game after I play it. Thats if I like it.
  • Options
    kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Sorry to derail this post but as a new purchaser of the Guardian of Neverwinter package I was wondering when I would gain access. So far from what I have found is the second beta patch (March) and just wanted to confirm that.
  • Options
    skinneykrnskinneykrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 62
    edited February 2013
    kerlaa wrote: »
    Sorry to derail this post but as a new purchaser of the Guardian of Neverwinter package I was wondering when I would gain access. So far from what I have found is the second beta patch (March) and just wanted to confirm that.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?30761-Neverwinter-Beta-Weekend-details-Read-this-first!
  • Options
    kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    skinneykrn wrote: »

Thanks. That was the main post I was going off of and was just wanting to confirm. :)
  • Options
    skinneykrnskinneykrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 62
    edited February 2013
    kerlaa wrote: »
    Thanks. That was the main post I was going off of and was just wanting to confirm. :)

No problem! :)