test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Launcher/Patcher Crashes immediately upon clicking Submit

aevicaevic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 29 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Delete this if you want, finally found the link to support thread with additional information and workaround.
Post edited by aevic on

Comments

• vistolvistol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 66
    edited February 2013
    Can you post how you fixed it? Because I have the same issue.

EDIT: Ah hah.. it was my TeamViewer causing it. Ugh. Well, turned it off and it's patching now.

Thanks for the hint that the fix existed on the internet :)
  • aevicaevic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I actually haven't fixed mine yet, I just found this issue in another thread finally. I'm re-downloading the patcher yet again after uninstalling and rebooting, clearing all cache and disabling firewall etc. Once this one downloads and I install it again, it will probably crash again immediately upon clicking Submit, in which case I will again reboot and then again try the things like the IP range, ports, force verify, on demand patching, adding folder/files to exception lists, flushing DNS, replacing the launcher with the one linked in the support thread, sacrificing a goat, throwing chicken bones, drinking blood and begging a ouija board to spell out my next steps or commune with a gaming spirit that will assist, possibly at the cost of my soul. After all this and to no avail :( I will mix some bisquick+eggs+milk, devour subsequent pancakes with Mrs. Buttersworth :) & spend less time digesting and relaxing than I should before exercising and heading to class. Side note - never pound pancakes if your next class is film appreciation, you WILL fall asleep. Yummy tummy sleepy puppy law.

Edit: Alright, having gone through these steps listed in the support thread without anything working, I was about to head off on my yummy tummy sleepy puppy endeavor before I decided to try one of the oldest and greatest (if rarely effective) methods of troubleshooting any problem: I punched my computer tower. My patcher is now patching instead of crashing. I still honestly have no idea why physical abuse of the machinery infrequently results in a change in software behavior, as if some non-physical section of code saved somewhere felt the smack and decided to change. I also however do not care why punching my tower results in a different result from the same actions, because it works. :-)

This reminds me of a friend though who's computer would freeze up all the time during various games. Q: "Robert, what do you do when your game freezes?"
    A: "I kick my computer, which fixes it."
    Q: "Robert, why does your computer always freeze up when you game?"
    A: "Because I kick my computer too much."
  • dhrogodhrogo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    vistol wrote: »
    EDIT: Ah hah.. it was my TeamViewer causing it. Ugh. Well, turned it off and it's patching now.

Thanks for the hint that the fix existed on the internet :)

Thanks for the solution that made me not need to find the other support thread, quit teamviewer and it started patching. :D
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Uh... This may sound incredibly stupid, but what is teamviewer?
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Oh ok I dont have that
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Ahh use East Europe tech support way Aevic....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aevicaevic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It is, what it is. :-p
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hit with something. It work when all else fail of course! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • trippy8trippy8 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm still having this issue I tried to DL it on another PC it seems theres also an issue with DL anyone find a fix?