What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Online Q&A (For Everybody)

Comments

• meldrothmeldroth Member Posts: 137 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    vitriks2 wrote: »
    I got some question I wanted to ask:
    1. Will you get an option of changing your avatar appearance (like face setting, hair type and color, make-up) later on in the game?
    2. I was watching "Foundry" video and there was really cool armor editor. But is there any option to design armor that you can wear?
    3. And is the game heavy focused on armor stats, or you can wear whatever you want, knowing that sharp sword and honed skills will do the work.
    4. Can you build your own guild(personal) house(castle,town)?
    5. Will the texture quality of player model will rice, or you keeping it low budget to save some extra frames?

I guess all answers are NO. Kinda pity

1. I'd imagine that they will have that... for Zen. I mean, it's a great way to make money to keep the game going.
    2. They tell us that the crafting system is "really cool." Could mean that we get to change the appearance (and utility?) of our crafted items.
    3. I dunno. We'll find out.
    4. They might add housing. They certainly have the Foundry tools for it. Probably not at release though.
    5. From what I've seen, they've put a lot of work into the player models. I wouldn't worry about that.
    "Truth is absolute, so if you truly seek it, you can find only one answer."
  • drizzt103drizzt103 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    ok my question is will they bring waterdeep into this game?
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    drizzt103 wrote: »
    ok my question is will they bring waterdeep into this game?

This this was answered by cryticmapolis?

I think (can't remember but search for his posts and waterdeep keyword) that there are plans for it, but maybe not at launch.
  • ironbloodzironbloodz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    elewyndyl wrote: »
    I really do NOT want another Guild Wars 2 where you max your character in less then 2 weeks! I prefer "build wars" and if there is a powerplateau(character can not get more powerful) then it should take a very long time to reach it!

This game is maybe not so hardcore in character progression as WOW(everlasting lootmill never max character), but neither is it so silly casual as Guild wars 2!

This sounds too crazy....this guy obviously never played WoW which you could get 1-90 in 2 weeks easy....me on the other hand want this game for be take forever....infact I want them to build a system to sacrafice levels for amazing enchants or <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> gear something to get me working at a game I love.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Are there going to be more races than what are currently on the race page? What about Gnomes? Or Halflings? Or Aasimar?
    I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)
    edited February 2013
    ... Aasimar?
    All the adult Aasimar were killed by Tempus so he could drink their blood and bath in their guts.

All the babies of Aasimars were taken away by Gnomes and Halfling. It is speculated that their dissappearence had something to do with very popular "godly candies" which became popular in the two races.

I wouldn't recommend looking behind the origins of that candy though - they might change your perception of those races

p.s. halflings were confirmed way back, why do people keep asking that?
  • eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    People keep asking because they didn't see other post stating it.
    People keep asking because they don't show on the race page. :cool:
    I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)
  • boboflbobofl Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    when i try to by the guardian pack when it come's to billing it will only come up in euro's his is a massive differance in the price it shows ie : 60 dollars is about 37-40 gbp and in euros the price is 50 - 55 euros. can the people sorting the billing out for people so they dont get over charged please. the billing/payment system is charging 55.59 euros so is it isnt charging the right amount.
  • ektellionektellion Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    What is the difference between the golden and silver VIP status? Is it only the queue? Are they permanent when we buy named above packs?
  • boboflbobofl Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    well its just the contents of the package i guess and the awesome mount. i assume all the benafits of the pack will carry on as bonuses when thegame is released
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Only the hero of the north gets the logon VIP game access queue last I checked. Besides that, one gets three days headstart and one gets 5 days headstart on launch and both get all three weekend tests guaranteed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drenwulfdrenwulf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So i entered a beta key a long time ago, back when it was first available during pax or E3 maybe? My friend went to the event and gave me a key. I registered it on the site and seemed to be successful. I no longer have the key and I can't tell if its even working or not. Is there any way I could verify that i even entered it so long ago?

Thanks I am really looking forward to this.
  • dcacentricdcacentric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hi there, I have a question about the beta weekend friend key that the buyers of the founder of the north pack recieve. I do not know which beta weekend it is referring to, one beta weekend at random, all three of them, or the first one you sign up for? Could someone please help me out here, and apologies if this question has already been asked.
  • eusaebiuseusaebius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have got two questions :

1 - I finished the pre-alpha demo at the Paris Games Week 2012 of Neverwinter, will I get a beta key for the week-ends beta ? If no, which beta phase will I have access to ? (sorry for spelling mistake if there is any)
    2 - I recorded the game while playing at the yesterday Alpha playtest, am I allowed to post the video on youtube ?

I don't speak English very well so please forgive me for the spelling mistakes if there is any. Thank you by advance.
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The friend key will give them access to A weekend but consider it Edit: ANY ONE weekend!

If you finished the demo, they should have given you a way too register your info. At this time I can't say when they will release future beta keys for that and others but it's not for this weekend. It seems like it's for Founders as an exclusive thank you, but other keyholders MAY be phased in later and I couldn't detail how.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dodgingmetdodgingmet Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Question if I may! Dungeon Delves, Neverwinter's 5-man dungeons. A couple of questions to someone more knowledgeable than me. I'm a PVE man at heart and love to group up with people to experience new dungeons and what not. This is why I ask the following, don't worry if you cannot answer them, just say if that information hasn't been released yet, as I cannot find it on any other sites or threads.

1. Is there any indication on how many of these we will get at launch? We've seen the Clock Tower, I think it was called, is there going to be a high number?
    2. Will new Dungeon Delves be added to the game over time via new patches, not just expansions of the game?
    3. Will there be a, what World of Warcraft liked to call 'heroic', versions of the dungeons for level 60 players?
    4. Will there be PVE content for players for more than five players, for example a 10-man dungeon?
    5. Will there be any, for a better use of the word, raids at launch? Similar to question 4. or Any plans to add raids?

Thanks,
    DM.
  • jimhonjimhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 50
    edited February 2013
    It seems like a lot of MMORPGS these days are aiming for real time action such as Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guildwars2,etc.

But it seems like people are forgetting why they were not action games to begin with. After all, action games have been around a long time. Why did WoW choose not to be action based? It's the latency issues, the lag!

What made Cryptic decide that action combat was a viable option for an MMORPG and what measures are in place to achieve this goal?

Eg. Supreme Commander had a 250ms buffer, later raised to 500ms, adding a little time for everyone to keep synchronized, but in an RTS game a half second delay after you issue an order to your unit will not feel bad... In an action game it will...

Eg. Diablo3 monsters ALWAYS hit you once they start their swing animation so ping isn't an advantage in avoiding blows.

There has been surprisingly little discussion on this topic which, back in the day, would have been the very first question asked!

It would be great to hear someone proudly speak about fantastic netcode supporting the game and how it tricks you into thinking its smooth, but if my reply yields only an echo and a tumbleweed I'll fear the worst.

I'd have bought a founder pack if this question was addressed earlier!
  • narhaknarhak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have a question, long ago, I buyed the torchlight 2 no steam, and perfect world give me a key for neverwinter beta acces, I register the key long ago too, but now, i cant donwload the game, can in play this weekend? or maybe need to wait to other closed beta, I dont understand. THanks in advance.
  • dcacentricdcacentric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have a question again about the beta weekend friend key for the hero of the north founder pack. I recieved a key from a friend who bought the pack and entered it, if I was not able to play this beta weekend would it just not allow me to download the client?
  • uthegenteluthegentel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    As we all know Forgotten Realms have timeline. Which year we live in game?
    edited February 2013
    uthegentel wrote: »
    As we all know Forgotten Realms have timeline. Which year we live in game?
    We start in 1479DR, read sticky by Zebular(Grimore of time)

It was the result of good long discussion between me, zebular, truth and a few other people on this forums - so it should be very accurate.
  • mementoxmorimementoxmori Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    is there pvp or pk on neverwinter or just roll playing games?
  • curseonmecurseonme Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'v download the game, patched it and was waiting for the beta weekend to start, this morning after attempting to log into the game, a small patch started to update but it stop at a error 36, d3dx9_37.dll seems lock for writhing, pls can some help me wihtthat, the game wont finish the partch.
    edited February 2013
    narhak wrote: »
    I have a question, long ago, I buyed the torchlight 2 no steam, and perfect world give me a key for neverwinter beta acces, I register the key long ago too, but now, i cant donwload the game, can in play this weekend? or maybe need to wait to other closed beta, I dont understand. THanks in advance.

Please go here.
    is there pvp or pk on neverwinter or just roll playing games?
    Yes. Instanced.
    curseonme wrote: »
    I'v download the game, patched it and was waiting for the beta weekend to start, this morning after attempting to log into the game, a small patch started to update but it stop at a error 36, d3dx9_37.dll seems lock for writhing, pls can some help me wihtthat, the game wont finish the partch.

Please reboot your computer and try again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • alcoholicornalcoholicorn Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hi everyone, I have a question.

In Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2, you were able to create not just a one-off adventure but a true persistent world, where events have permanence and the world develops based on the actions of the players even when you're offline. Will anything like that be possible with the Foundry?
  • eldeeneeeldeenee Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Im still waiting for my beta acces since i have the raiderz founder pack D:... they are gonna answer me in 3 bussiness days lol ! ..
  • hordecorehordecore Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    whats the purpose of the founder pack if they gonna delete everything once open beta starts?
  • salomar23salomar23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The purpose is for you to get access to beta events and have some fun with the game a few months before it launches, to have longer early access just before it launches, to have a bunch of extra items (which may or may not be available much cheaper in the cash shop later on) and to have the option to run around pretending youre Drizzt :P
  • hordecorehordecore Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    salomar23 wrote: »
    The purpose is for you to get access to beta events and have some fun with the game a few months before it launches, to have longer early access just before it launches, to have a bunch of extra items (which may or may not be available much cheaper in the cash shop later on) and to have the option to run around pretending youre Drizzt :P

waste of money to get items that will be deleted later on, no one stupid to pay for something that will be deleted
  • salomar23salomar23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    You will get those items when the game launches.

But I agree, I dont think the packs will be too popular. The $20 one has nothing that would really motivate you to buy it (by that I mean beta access), and the $60 one which does have beta access is just too expensive - who's gonna pay that much for a few days of access to a game they havent played before and will be able to play for free when it launches?