test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rogue diety

sakuda13sakuda13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 242 Arc User
edited April 2013 in The Thieves' Den
Was just curious what deity is a good one for a rogue? I played PnP a few times loved it but didn't play after that so i have no clue what god to choose. Any help would be cool
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by sakuda13 on

Comments

• rackhamgreg74rackhamgreg74 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 105 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    It really depends on what kind of character your rogue will be? What alignment will he/she be?

For stereotypical rogue/assassin types you could either Cyric, the Prince of Lies, or perhaps Kelemvor, the Faerun God of the Dead.

However I could also see rogues under other die ties, even perhaps Ohgma. Maybe your rogue's background involves more of a martial artist or an operative to some religiou s order? Really most die ties work when you put enough thought into it.

For a list of them all, I'd check out the Forgotten Realms wiki:
    http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Portal:Deities

Hope this helps!
    rackham_dane_stag_zps4f4c6695.jpg
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Visit the temple

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?23281-Deities-of-New-Neverwinter-Detailed

there are many to choose from - halfling rogue deity, dwarveb rogue deity, elven rogue deity, etc.
  • harekazeharekaze Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Can we choose Lloth as our deity? I don't recall seeing it on the list in MMORPG stream. I could be wrong though.
  • enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    From what I saw on the list there was only like 11 deities to choose from. Mask wasn't on the list =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • harekazeharekaze Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    It may vary from race to race though. At least I hope so lol.
  • hebdomashebdomas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    enderlin50 wrote: »
    From what I saw on the list there was only like 11 deities to choose from. Mask wasn't on the list =/

Unfortunately in Fourth Edition Forgotten Realms Mask has died. (At least supposedly.)

For a rogue I would definitely add Shar to the list of possible deities.
  • ruikesan85ruikesan85 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    I wonder if we can write in something else. Some others have had it. Alot of the 4e lore has followers to dead gods who either believe their god will resurrect, reincarnate or just come out of hiding. People don't like to admit that their patron god is capable of death.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • valas625valas625 Member Posts: 195 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    ruikesan85 wrote: »
    I wonder if we can write in something else. Some others have had it. Alot of the 4e lore has followers to dead gods who either believe their god will resurrect, reincarnate or just come out of hiding. People don't like to admit that their patron god is capable of death.

There's nothing to admit. Our lord Mask isn't dead. When the First of Five returns to us, our lord shall be reborn unto him. To believe that our lord simply sent a woman and baby, even the First's, into the future for safeties sake borders on idiocy. No, our lord still lives. If even in stasis, he yet lives. We need do nothing but wait and listen for his calling...
  • razorjack156razorjack156 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    First off, no evil dieties are available as choices, so not even Shar is there. Mask is listed as dead in 4E FR. Out of the ones available .. Selune for good rogues? Kelemvor is the god of the dead and doesn't support a 'death' aspect, so unless you are going to be an undead hunting rogue, I don't think he would really match you.

Not even Tymora (goddess of luck) is available (not dead, just not a choice at character creation). Out of the ones they gave us, there really is no clear cut choice for rogues.
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Mask is as dead as Bane...ohhhh I see where you are going here ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Mask is as dead as Bane...ohhhh I see where you are going here ;)

Mask being "dead" is complicated to discuss without tons of spoilers. But my opinion is he isn't dead at least his essence isn't and his title/profile will be picked up by a new Mask in "The Sundering".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deathtognomesdeathtognomes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 131 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Well, for you skill-less -adepts-scum, Im sure Tymora will accept you just as well....

(sigh, no strikethru in forum message editor)
    "..putting a gnome on the barbie later, you coming?"
  • bruddajokkabruddajokka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Personally I was hoping for Tymora to be avialible but since that doesn't seem to be an option I'll probably go with Selune.
  • arontimesarontimes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am disappointed that I can't choose Waukeen. I spent $200 on this game, and I have a mercenary attitude towards work in real life. FOR THE HIGHEST BIDDER!!!
    Member of Grievance.

Taking a break from Neverwinter indefinitely...
  • bruddajokkabruddajokka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Oh Waukeen would be a good one. Then again 4th Edition killed like half the gods.
  • kfmckfmc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Why do people automatically associate Rogues with evil, lies and darkness? Which deities would suit a neutral or good Rogue?

Tymora is the first that comes to mind for the thrill-seeking rogues. And I recall Elves and Halflings have their own deity for mischief or something like that.
    edited February 2013
    They do. Maybe. 4th edition killed a LOT of the gods. But Tymora is perfect since she's basically Avandra who's basically the goddess of Adventurers.
  • mvinstedmvinsted Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Mask/godsbane aint dead if theres som thing i know about mask and that is that He always Finds away a true Thief :D
    CPU - 5i 2500k
    MB - sabertooth Z77
    GPU - x2 msi 660 GTX OC
    RAM - 8 GB 1300 ish ddr3
    OPS - WIN 7
    X2 SSD

The one is my god
    AO had no answer when the one spoke to him
  • kinsaedakinsaeda Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I was hoping Avandra was on the list, since Lathander isn't around anymore :( I know the guy became the new sun god, but that guy is Lawful Good, and that just ain't me.
    edited February 2013
    Tymora is basically Avandra. Then again maybe she should just evolve into Avandra like a Pokemon.
  • ryger5ryger5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    enderlin50 wrote: »

Mask is technically dead, gave up his powers, last I heard anyway. Perhaps there's been another lore change, but last I heard Mask is dead.

I'm choosing Oghma, basically a Thief who deeply desires/values knowledge and information. Hey if he has to steal to get it, so be it! :)
    BalarSig103B.jpg
    SHADOW - A secret cabal for those who thirst for wealth and power.
    Check out SHADOW on YouTube!
  • highjusticarhighjusticar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0
    edited February 2013
    As a lover of beauty, my rogue desires to have those things of beauty and may on occasion take them to please the great Sune Firehair. I would prefer rubies to match her perfect hair and lips and emeralds as beautiful as her eyes.
    edited February 2013
    I'm gonna go with Selune. Since I'll be playing a MenzoGade, and Tymora isn't avialible or Waukeen.
  • kinsaedakinsaeda Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm gonna go with Selune. Since I'll be playing a MenzoGade, and Tymora isn't avialible or Waukeen.
    Pretty much the same for me.
  • cynder78cynder78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    As others have said the best choice in my opinion is Mask though he is dead or missing in action.

Hopefully they add more deities: here is a list of post spellplague ones
    http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Deity
    Yorn
    -={Old Timers Guild}=-
  • tormsy85tormsy85 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    My rogues have always worshiped Torm, at least the old Torm for the loyalty aspect.
  • deathtrap82deathtrap82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    First off, no evil dieties are available as choices, so not even Shar is there. Mask is listed as dead in 4E FR. Out of the ones available .. Selune for good rogues? Kelemvor is the god of the dead and doesn't support a 'death' aspect, so unless you are going to be an undead hunting rogue, I don't think he would really match you.

Not even Tymora (goddess of luck) is available (not dead, just not a choice at character creation). Out of the ones they gave us, there really is no clear cut choice for rogues.

I prefer to think that Shar is misunderstood, not evil :D
  • kellionbanekellionbane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I pretty much felt that Selune was the closest thing to a Rogue God... Though I've never played a religious Rogue before, I felt the praying every hour was out of place for my character...
  • razorrxgdbrazorrxgdb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I go with Selune and RP that I tell people I worship her when I really worship Shar.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    razorrxgdb wrote: »
    I go with Selune and RP that I tell people I worship her when I really worship Shar.
    Dark heresay does say that tey are the same....

Now to run before my fellow clergymen and the shard kill me for blasphem *gasp*