test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Will we have alignment like Evil, Lawfull, Neutral, Chaotic in the game?

erinianerinian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
edited February 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Just Wondering to Know :)
Post edited by erinian on

Comments

• lanessar13lanessar13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This is pretty early data, but a dev interview said they will not have alignments.

EDIT: Found the interview.

http://neverendingnights.com/archives/531
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This is still correct. Let me know if you want the thread closed due to this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • reesekracusreesekracus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    "NeN: In one interview it was mentioned that the game will be based of 4th Edition D&D – and include such things as Strength, Dexterity, etc – and it was mentioned that even Charisma will play a part! What about Alignment? Will selecting an Alignment be available? And will it impact how NPCs within the game interact with you? Or will there be “Factions” within the game that you can gain or lose favor with?

JE: Neither alignment nor factions play a role in Neverwinter.
    "

I understand that alignment doesn't play a "role" in neverwinter, but I really think they should consider implementing it as a "flavor" item in character creation much like they did for various other items. Alignment has been a part of D&D since creation and is a shame they don't offer it as another way to give your character background.
  • nanudonanudo Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ohhh please dont close the thread

Alignment does play a role in the game, at least in the paper game yes, there is spells that you cannot use or is limited by the alignment such summon a creature, if you are good is easier to summond and control good creatures if you are evil is easier to summond and control evil creatures.

Can be other role for alignments but is just social.
  • blizzidblizzid Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 170 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    reminds me of that holy priest in the gamers dorkness rising when he was undead, and cast that turn undead spell...rofl i almost choked to death on my drink when i saw that. Yes i like alignment and even if its not in the game, i will play my character that way.
  • oziumozium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20
    edited February 2013
    reading the description of deities sounds like good evil & neutral are covered, even if it was just flavor on our char sheet that would be cool...