test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Comment to Win: What are your plans for Beta Weekends in Neverwinter?

Comments

• narcolepticjedinarcolepticjedi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The foundry. Definitely going to play around in the Foundry!!!
  • rekragrekrag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I, for one, will focus on character creation/customization options, and starting area - have a guild to report to!
  • jenyyyy222jenyyyy222 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I would use the time to really explore the classes
  • rickmanrickman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    In a Beta.. and Once the Shiny new Character Creator has given me all its Options... Is too go though all the Content i can at the level i am at and see if anything Breaks. If it does.. then take the time out to Complain about it (No Actually Bug report it) and then run out of time as Weekends always go by too Quickly when your Testing things and Enjoying it.
    Diplomancy: Sometimes "I hit it with my Axe" is the only Answer.
    A Challenge is something interesting and awkward until you beat it... then it's called "Repetative"

Neverwinter on TVTropes(Needs some loving)
    Neverwinter Nights on TVTropes
  • molranomolrano Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    As in every D&D game i would just spend soo much time in creating a character. After that, i would try to group up with my friends and run everywhere, try to see as much as possible, and then try to get some levels, to see what i can unlock.
  • casharincasharin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I want to explore Neverwinter with a lot of different classes and see which one I like the best. I want to help people in the game. The main reason I would want to play is help the devs find bugs.
  • psilocybes1983psilocybes1983 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I would play the control wizard or rogue and visit all cities, dungeons and exploring areas. My goal is to learn about these classes and master them!
  • halishmedihalishmedi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My plan would be to try each class and hopefully decide on my main come launch!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mathieu00mathieu00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    For my self my first thing to do is to see the character and the story i can make behind to witch job to choose and how to play him then test every class if possible to see witch one is my favourite but also and the most important for me is to see how is the history and the game-play (even if i have seen a bit of it at Pgw) and see how advance you are on this project.
  • leihngweileihngwei Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I want to try out the classes I used to play back in the DnD club in high school. See them come to 3D life and feel the thrill again. :)
  • nemesiswarlocknemesiswarlock Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will sit down with my son who is 6 and make Neverwinter his first MMO. Teach him the ins and outs of D&D and make a new father son bonding weekend.
  • firesnakeariesfiresnakearies Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'll play around with character creation a bunch, try out each of the classes, explore as much of the initial areas as possible, and spend some time tinkering with the Foundry.
  • azuledreamazuledream Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    All I can say for beta weekend, is a Great Weapon Fighter RAMPAGE!!!!!!!!!!
  • pogmahone70pogmahone70 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My plans are to try all the classes and just get an overall feel for the game. I don't wanna advance to far into the game though.
    Divine Protectorate Gaming
    STO Beta Tester and Original Cryptic user
  • smokingsporesmokingspore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will probably peruse the character creation for a long time just so I can make that perfect character and then attempt to do all the quests I can possibly get to in limited time!
  • tharkantharkan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    First, I will go through the character creation to see EVERY option to see what I like (although I will probably spend most of my time on the Tieflings).
    Then I will try out every class, deleting characters I do not like to try the others.
    Then I will see what the quests are like, but not get too far, as I don't want to beat the game before it is even released lol
    And finally (and most importantly) do everything I can to find bugs to report them for the sake of improving the game.
  • mnaticmnatic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 233 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    My goal would be to act like a beta tester.

Report bugs, enjoy the game plan how i will eventually use the foundry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • oldskylanceroldskylancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm eager to see if I can use the foundry to carry my PnP campaign into Neverwinter. I'm already thinking of how to challenge my group.
    e84df321-2eb4-4d3b-97d2-854aa247afc4_zps96a2cec8.jpg

Orcus bane, Knight-wanderer of the Sword Coast
  • mouthsouth1mouthsouth1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My goal is to immerse/attempt to drown myself in a D&D world. After I come up for air, I will be attempting to get my favorite GM and good friend Tad to get under the yoke of the Foundry so I can play his adventures in an even cooler way. Also kobolds. Gotta kill em all.
  • crazy6665crazy6665 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    i Plan on playing this game to its fullest because cryptic plus dungeon and dragons = winning!
  • elluricelluric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I wanna get right in and start bashin some heads! Meet a couple like minded people to take our time and explore as much of the game as possible.

I also want to rework some of my old PnP and NWN stories into this game's foundry. I really think that it could be an amazing tool to prolong the staying power of the game. But depending on how much time I get with the beta that may have to wait until launch I suppose.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • horriblishorriblis Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    to learn the tool to build dungeons. Its the coolest thing. You can pen and paper play but online with this. Way to Cool.
  • bortlordbortlord Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My reason to play in the tests are:

1) Find out if the game is as truly as epic as it seems
    2) To try out all the classes so that I can best choose a character that will complement the abilities of my friends
    3) Cause OMG IT'S NEVERWINTER!!!!! Who can't love Dungeon & Dragons? *has a geek-out moment* And I just don't want to wait and watch youtube videos of other people playing! :(
  • dahaka00dahaka00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Will try everything there is, see all classes and see what fits me best (Wizard looks fun to me so i will try him first), and ofc will try to enjoy the game :)
  • nohaaanohaaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited February 2013
    I'll try to play through the game ofcourse while looking for the classic DnD signs and other stuff that i have come to love, and just absorb it all.
  • killerwoadkillerwoad Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My goal for the neverwinter beta is to level up quickly while conquering every dungeon delve with my friends. Looking forward!!! :D
  • sylatrasylatra Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    To try out all of the classes and see which class is better suited for my playtype and then go through each storyline up to the highest possible with each character if possible. Perhaps even learn to make a few dungeons of my own for the foundry based on adventures I had of the old Pen and paper of 2nd edition days ;)
    Lenbanner_zps30648f84.jpg
  • daventry23daventry23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 103 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Is it to hit the level cap as quickly as possible? Conquer every dungeon delve with your friends?

Let us know and one lucky Neverwinter fan will win a Hero of the North Founder's Pack! This contest will end Monday, February 4, 2013, at 12pm PST (Pacific).

If you didn't win, another way to get access to Beta Weekend 1 on February 8, 2013 is to purchase a Founder's Pack. Get yours today before it's too late!

I am excited to try out a rogue and do a proper dungeon crawl , avoiding and disarming traps , solving puzzles , and best of all stabbing ALOT of " Backs ". See you all in Forgotten Realms.
    Blue, green, grey, white, or black; smooth, ruffled, or mountainous; that ocean is not silent.
    H. P. Lovecraft
  • dixeedixee Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My beta weekend will be to learn the came and explore the starting Area . Will also find ways to exploit so I can report any that I might find. Then if i have time go to the next area and do the same.
  • wanderer30wanderer30 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My goal for the beta weekend(s) is to get in to help test as much as I can to help get the game ready for release so we can all start playing already! I'm sure there will be focuses/goals from Cryptic to help guide us for the weekends on what they need testing, but beyond that I want to investigate as much as I can, time permitting, without pushing too hard for max. I would still like to have some surprises at launch to be able to experience.
This discussion has been closed.