test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Elder Scroll Online?

trollololloltrollolollol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 120 Bounty Hunter
edited February 2013 in Off Topic
Anybody else? This game is gonna be so awesome. :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxJTsq2XeKY
Post edited by trollolollol on

Comments

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    Been a fan of TES since Marrowind & Expansions on the XBOX, also loved Skyrim too. Definitely looking forward to TESO!
  • popsook69popsook69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Of course!! It will be good assuming they can get the combat right for a multiplayer environment.
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I might but I think I will be to heavily entranced in Neverwinter.
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • weeaboomedicweeaboomedic Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The scenery looks beautiful, but I don't really want to play it.
    Putting TES into a MMO takes away all the good things the series is known for.

I hope they don't try to put some kind of plot into it, because that would somehow make it even worse. :I
    2kawaii4u, baka.
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Still cautious how they are handling the AI and multi-player based on the awesome single player methods of coding but we will see...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • catburger003catburger003 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I don't like it as much IMO. It seems like a degraded version of it's predecessor. But it looks fun in a way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want to HAMSTER in Neverwinter, whenever I want, for as long as I want.
  • hydesterhydester Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 41
    edited December 2012
    It looks like it has potential, I'll be keeping an eye on it.
  • denkasaebadenkasaeba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Wow, they give out even less infos than NO developers :D
    Dilige, et quod vis fac (Love, and do what you will)

St. Augustinus
  • ezrasteel1ezrasteel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2012
    Little has been released on the game, but as has been pointed out, it certainly looks beautiful. I'll keep my eye on it and see what developments it takes. No being a fanboy, I do believe that aspects like the Foundry will be the future of MMO's and will be the next step in their development. There has been a recent term coined, "Content Locust" and I do believe that this is a very real phenomenon that will be offset by player created quests.

With the development time needed, it is one of the best ways to add content into games without active participation by the developers. Developers can not keep pace with the speed that players go through MMO content, it's virtually impossible. By enlisting the players to create their own content, they will be able to compete with "sandbox" style games on a much better level.

Again, that's my two cents.

Ezra Steel
  • denkasaebadenkasaeba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Dilige, et quod vis fac (Love, and do what you will)

St. Augustinus
  • trollololloltrollolollol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 120 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2012
    I might but I think I will be to heavily entranced in Neverwinter.

I think Neverwinter MMO looks great but I also think there isnt enough substance. ESO is a game to play years, pretty much like Rift, Im still playing it and its almost 2 year old now.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    [Fan-Rage]
    D&D:Neverwinter will kick eso in the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> anytime!!!!
    [Fanrage-fatigue]
  • spartnspartn Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    ESO would be amazing but I dont see it coming out for years now.. Guild Wars 2 Took 5 years to create there world. I think ESO will take about the same amount of time.

Edit*** They talked about MEGA SERVERS, We can add an other year onto the list GW2 Devs told us they tried to make what people call "a MEGA server" An said they just cudnt. .
  • bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    umm spartn ESO has already been in development for 5 years....
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It takes up to five to seven years for a standard game to get funded (longer for independent games getting funded) MMO and to complete its development cycle to the advent of beta (on average.) Therefore, I'm expecting to see this type of game start to hit the beta phase of development two years from that alpha footage release. I would be happy to be wrong on this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It was in development for 5 years prior to the May announcement therefore we are technically in its 6th year as to it being released this year not sure but I bet beta hits towards the end of the year.
  • shapanorshapanor Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Loved Daggerfall, Oblivion and Skyrim so will keep a cautious eye on ESO to see how it translates to an MMO.
    edited January 2013
    shapanor wrote: »
    Loved Daggerfall, ....
    At first I thought I read Daggerdale. Then I rubbed my eyes. Then .... ofcourse. it couldn't have been daggerdale.
    edited January 2013
    Had to look up Daggerdale (hadn't heard of it :eek:). Spent most of my time playing games like Baldurs Gate, Icewind Dale, Neverwinter + Mods, previously mentioned games and then went on to WoW, Age of Conan, Rift and GW2. I still loved my time in Daggerfall and the Eye of the Beholder trilogy.
    edited January 2013
    Had to look up Daggerdale (hadn't heard of it :eek:). ...

Lucky you ... it was a really terrible game and a waste of 18 Euros. Although it had some promising things, it was basically an unfinished products full of bugs.
  • health002health002 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Dont worry about ESO this game wont be out until 2014 anyways why fuss over it now ?
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    I got my Microsoft Points refunded for that bloody poor excuse for a game called Daggerdale. Got to a point where no matter what I did, all my characters would break, loosing all their skill points and Atari wouldn't fix it. After a while of no updates to fix, I complained to both parties, Microsoft and Atari and Atari was all "you need to contact Microsoft" and Micro was all "you need to contact Atari." Well, eventually MS manned up after me showing them forum pages and posts by Atari reps and their consumers of how the game is broken and no updates are being released in a timely fashion, they removed the game from my XBLA account and refunded me my points. :)

Horrible game by a horrible company. I hope WotC never allows Atari to have any hand in another D&D game again. PS - I ended up spending those points on MTG 2013. :D

I am really looking forward to ESO though. I have been a player of TES games since Marrowind on the regular XBOX. When I lived with my buddy and his girlfriend, that is all we would play. Screw playing multiplayer games! We had a blast helping each other out to spot things and make sure we heal in time. Then when we started stealing and decorating our own houses, it became like a contest to see who had the most awesome house. Sometimes that silly overflow loot bag would make an appearance... thank the gods for saved game files!
    edited January 2013
    Had issues with Atari over the NWN2 Securom protection. Damn rootkit was a nightmare and only legit players suffered because of it. Hope they never again get permission to do a D&D game.
    edited January 2013
    Had issues with Atari over the NWN2 Securom protection. Damn rootkit was a nightmare and only legit players suffered because of it. Hope they never again get permission to do a D&D game.
    Between that, DDO and STO, seconded!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • trollololloltrollolollol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 120 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Beta signups are open and new trailer... http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0jNT5cMwxw0

Im simply drooling over this, this is going to be so awesome.
    edited January 2013
    Beta signups for an Alpha state game...not complaining and signing up...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Beta signups are open and new trailer... http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0jNT5cMwxw0

Im simply drooling over this, this is going to be so awesome.

Still, it's a good example of how to do beta testing. This is well in advance of a release date. AFAIK, Cryptic STILL hasn't given a release date and also just now began releasing beta keys. The people over at ESO have been MUCH more communicative with the public from day one. Cryptic really lives up to its name in that department.

In addendum....If Craptic puts lockboxes in NWO....it'll surely drive me to exclusive play on ESO. The way Cryptic has handled Champions Online does not inspire much faith it what it will do for Neverwinter Online. I'm going to watch both carefully. VERY carefully. And keep my fingers crossed for beta testing! :)

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
    edited January 2013
    I just signed up for TES Beta!
    edited January 2013
    I got my email with its excellent banner application completed. We'll see. At least they aren't promising any beta date as I'd walk if they did that on a recent alpha project.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cael450cael450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I for one would like ESO to be successful. Not just because I won't to play it but because I want Bethesda to produce a fallout mmo now that they inexplicably own the rights to it :)