test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hello Everyone!

spectralhuntspectralhunt Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited December 2012 in The Moonstone Mask (PC)
Well, I've delayed this post long enough. As a lurker that's been around since pretty much the beginning, I figured it's about time I made an introduction thread.

I am a long time PnP player starting with those pink (I refuse to believe they were red) D&D basic boxes. My friends and I ran Keep of the Borderlands and never looked back. We quickly migrated to something more meatier and tackled 1st Ed AD&D and many many hours were spent on killing and looting (somewhere in between we did actual roleplaying). We stuck it through 2ed AD&D and THAC0 but after that our group dissolved. I played the computer games and continued to buy new editions even though I didn't play them. The books were still fun to read and to theorize how my old characters would transfer into the new systems.

My childhood dream of a virtual world became reality with MMOs. I always hoped someday someone would build a game that would use the FR setting. And here we are. I am hoping Neverwinter will be my gaming home for a long time.

I'm a big time roleplayer so I'll be one of those players who will be looking to create stories and actually give some life to our characters.
Post edited by spectralhunt on

Comments

• valandur1valandur1 Member Posts: 89
    edited December 2012
    Welcome! My story is much like yours. Seems Neverwinter has attracted lots of us old PnP players. I hope all that experience will translate into some great Foundry missions!
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    From another pin...err Red box player welcome to Neverwinter!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hi and welcome.
    If you havent you may want to check out the New User FAQ. Also the Directory of Founders Guilds of Neverwinter should help the guild shopping.
    I invite you to look at, and if you like and are comfortable with, join my guild.(a link is in my signature.

We have a few RP threads the Source Stone Tavern is great(I believe you can still RP on it) and I like this one too you are welcome to join in. (I started the second one)

Also if you plan on making RPing modules you may want to look at this.
    Once again Welcome
    I hope to see you around forums and in-game.
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Well, I've delayed this post long enough. As a lurker that's been around since pretty much the beginning, I figured it's about time I made an introduction thread.

I am a long time PnP player starting with those pink (I refuse to believe they were red) D&D basic boxes. My friends and I ran Keep of the Borderlands and never looked back. We quickly migrated to something more meatier and tackled 1st Ed AD&D and many many hours were spent on killing and looting (somewhere in between we did actual roleplaying). We stuck it through 2ed AD&D and THAC0 but after that our group dissolved. I played the computer games and continued to buy new editions even though I didn't play them. The books were still fun to read and to theorize how my old characters would transfer into the new systems.

My childhood dream of a virtual world became reality with MMOs. I always hoped someday someone would build a game that would use the FR setting. And here we are. I am hoping Neverwinter will be my gaming home for a long time.

I'm a big time roleplayer so I'll be one of those players who will be looking to create stories and actually give some life to our characters.

Welcome to the Neverwinter forums, spectralhunt!

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • tiima1tiima1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Welcome Spectral!
    [SIGPIC]Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.[/SIGPIC]
    Confident, cocky, lazy, dead.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Most of the people who have introduced themselves so far have been pnp players. I hope we get large amount of non-pnp players too to bring diversity to the game.

Even so, I also hope cryptic be always true to its D&D roots and not veer away from current approach.

Oh! And welcome! :)
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    Well met and welcome to Neverwinter!