test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

R A Salvatore!

jadescimitarjadescimitar Member Posts: 716 Arc User
edited November 2012 in General Discussion (PC)
Not directly related to Neverwinter but...

How stoked am I! I just went into a $1 dollar book store during my lunch hour and found a 1st Ed. Copy of RA Salvatore's Streams of Silver! I have the other two of the trilogy and already signed by the author. Also found 4/5 volumes 1st Ed.'s of the Cleric's Quintet also by Salvatore.

Going to try to find my missing #2 of the series and get him to sign them all when he comes to Cali in March 2013.

A well spent $5 lunch hour...

Jade
Z2DEDiN.jpg
This city promises death for the meek, glory for the bold, danger for all, and riches for Jade!
Elven Trickster Rogue: Two-bladed elf, tons of stabby stabby and that sort of thing...
| R. A. Salvatore | My Minions | Forgotten Realms Wiki | Elven Translator |
Post edited by jadescimitar on

Comments

• jaxel74jaxel74 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Great Find

My wife bought me a signed Charon's Claw which was a very good Anniversary gift.b:laugh
  • enygmasoulenygmasoul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Also found 4/5 volumes 1st Ed.'s of the Cleric's Quintet also by Salvatore.
    Jade

Poor Pikel Bouldershoulder. If only he'd been born one edition later, he could have lived his dream.
    Doo-dad, my friends. Doo-dad.

On a less comedic note, does anyone else feel like the last volume in the Cleric Quintet was kind of...unnecessary? The primary driving focus of the plot had been resolved and it just felt like ol' bob salvatore was desperate to pull something out of his <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> because he already committed to a five book series.

I don't know. It just seemed to be the literary equivalent of a TV series doing a mid-season "filler" episode. Except it was tacked on after the plot arc instead of used to delay resolving it...
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with senses, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use "
    -- Galileo Galilei
  • valas625valas625 Member Posts: 195 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2012
    enygmasoul wrote: »
    Poor Pikel Bouldershoulder. If only he'd been born one edition later, he could have lived his dream.
    Doo-dad, my friends. Doo-dad.

On a less comedic note, does anyone else feel like the last volume in the Cleric Quintet was kind of...unnecessary? The primary driving focus of the plot had been resolved and it just felt like ol' bob salvatore was desperate to pull something out of his <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> because he already committed to a five book series.

I don't know. It just seemed to be the literary equivalent of a TV series doing a mid-season "filler" episode. Except it was tacked on after the plot arc instead of used to delay resolving it...

I agree, it really didn't seem necessary to do the last book. I liked it, but the entire point of it was kind of eh. I did like how they tied up the chaos potion plot though, I'd wandered what happened to it.
  • elewyndylelewyndyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    enygmasoul wrote: »

On a less comedic note, does anyone else feel like the last volume in the Cleric Quintet was kind of...unnecessary?

Well in the past I read many books. I liked Cleric Quintet and from the Drizzt series books. In my honest opinion I think yeah CQ the first 4 books are better then the 5th. From the Drizzt do Urden book my favorite ones are the first 9 books. After that I more or less loosed my interest in the Drizzt books and generally most other books.

Nowadays I see lots of TV/series and movies and rarely play computer games. I rarely read books nowadays. However many good movies and games are inspired by books.

I am very pleased R.A Salvatore supports Neverwinter. R.A Salvatore is certainly one of the best and most succesful Dungeons Dragons writers in the history. While I have not read the newest books I am still going to be thrilled to see whats his influence will do to Neverwinter.
  • ezrasteel1ezrasteel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2012
    Frankly I'm pretty miffed at Mr. Salvatore! I've been working through some character creation ideas and backstories, and Mr. Salvatore has all but ruined any elf build for me! How can I avoid building an awesome character that doesn't resemble Drizzt in some manner?

Bleck!

That's all I have to say on the subject.

Back to exploring the wonderful world of Faerun!

My Best,

Ezra Steel
  • nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    have recently downloaded all drizzt books there are (or at least most of them, around 15 books or so) - mr salvatore unfortuntatly it is not possible to buy the ebooks in europe - otherwise i would have done so...you have to live in the use to buy the books in ebook format...i'd change that if i were you....b:victory

started reading two weeks ago and am in the middle of book 3 now :-)
    edited October 2012
    started reading two weeks ago and am in the middle of book 3 now :-)

While Drizzt and his friends are powerful I like that so are many powerful enemies. Some threats are none human, but one of my favorite evil villains is certainly Artemis Entreri a deadly assasin.

The books also describe what the villains do which is excellent.
  • nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    elewyndyl wrote: »
    While Drizzt and his friends are powerful I like that so are many powerful enemies. Some threats are none human, but one of my favorite evil villains is certainly Artemis Entreri a deadly assasin.

The books also describe what the villains do which is excellent.

i do like the jarlaxle guy... but sometimes the writing is VERY cheesy in some of the books, but then again they are quite old
    edited October 2012
    i do like the jarlaxle guy... but sometimes the writing is VERY cheesy in some of the books, but then again they are quite old

This is the first time I hear books described as cheesy. I have heard music, movies and TV series described as cheesy. For example I like Vampire tv series Buffy The Vampire Slayer, True Blood and Vampire Diaries.

Yeah I have heard called Buffy cheesy, but whatever it still is one of my favorites. Regardless how cool True Blood and Vampire Diaries are I think many new movies and TV series are slightly silly on occasions and that is certainly True Blood though I still like it.

If you are interested R.A Salvatore has in his youth also worked as a bouncer so he knows some stuff about fighting. Few authors succeed to describe in DD books the battle so interesting as R.A Salvatore.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    elewyndyl wrote: »
    This is the first time I hear books descibed as cheesy. I have heard music, movies and TV series described as cheesy. For example I like Vampire tv series Buffy The Vampire Slayer, True Blood and Vampire Diaries.
    Here is one cheesy book for you :)

But seriously, books can be cheesy too. Sometimes the writers take it too far and make their characters pathetically emo ...

Some books can have the same effect as seeing cthulhu in person. I have heard the rumors of a review of such a travesty - it sounds horrible:-
    ... cursed be his name, provided the ******** Club with a copy of "Night Travels of the Elven Vampire" by LaVerne Ross. Keep in mind that this is the same man who sent us a copy of The Star Wars Holiday Special which nearly caused me to spork my eyes out and open my jugular with dull grapefruit spoon.

He spent over $16 on this book, which in and of itself is a crime of epic proportions, and then he sent it to us with the requirement that I must read this book and write a review of it on LJ. Rat <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

After reading 98 3/4 pages of complete and utter badness, I must report that I feel like a Goddess about my writing abilities. And I feel really confident about saying that. I mean, REALLY REALLY REALLY confident....

This proves the wisdom of the adage "The pen is mightier than the sword". For indeed, what all can sword can do? Kill you?
    Pen can do much much worse...
  • syfylissyfylis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Which book of his is the best? Is he any close to lvl of Tolkien, Gorge R R Martin or A. Sapkowski (Witcher series)?
    >>>>>>>>>>>> Prejt <<<<<<<<<<

33kel5d.jpg

My work: Heroes Blacksmith - Library
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?21051-Heroes-Blacksmith-Library
    edited October 2012
    i dont think he plays in the same league as the ones you mentionned...these authors are rather character driven while salvatore is rather action and story driven... salvatore is in my opinion more of a guilty pleasure...doesnt mean its not a fun ride with fun characters in an interesting world
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited October 2012
    i dont think he plays in the same league as the ones you mentionned...these authors are rather character driven while salvatore is rather action and story driven... salvatore is in my opinion more of a guilty pleasure...doesnt mean its not a fun ride with fun characters in an interesting world

I would strongly disagree; I think you have it backwards. I find most of Salvatore's characters more layered, complex and interesting than any of Tolkien's Characters.
    While I would say Tolkien definitely had stronger storylines his characters are far worse off and he lacks most literary elements in his novels.

Gah, what is this world coming to when the person who absolutely despises english is using terms like literary elements. In any case it's true, while Tolkien wrote some good stories everything else is quite mediocre which is why you'll see so many vastly different interpretations of how characters and creatures look.

Call some of Salvatore's writing cheesy if you'd like, I can agree to a point. But his ability to create characters far surpasses most other authors.
    Also don't confuse imagery with 'action.' Tolkien had a knack for simply stating *this occured* while Salvatore will elaborate *how it occured.* That's a writing requirement Tolkien got away with by providing great stories filled with simplistic suspense.

As for the best I have to agree with R.A. Salvatore himself, Homeland. Always Homeland.
    Start with Homeland and read through the stories in chronological (not publication) order.

EDIT - Just two examples of how little is known of Tolkien's characters
    The Great Goblin And the 1977 Movie and John Howe's Version
    Thranduil, The Wood Elf King (Notice they don't even know what color hair he has) and the 1977 Film (is that a monster? That's not an elf)
    edited October 2012
    syfylis wrote: »
    Which book of his is the best? Is he any close to lvl of Tolkien, Gorge R R Martin or A. Sapkowski (Witcher series)?

Well thats a difficult question. Personally for me maybe the 7th Drow series book. I remember 9th being less good to many words and long sentences. I would recommend that you read the whole Drow series from 1-9th book. 7th book would make no sense if you jump into it.

Compare to Tolkien? Well Tolkien started it all. I don't think DD would exist unless Tolkien did write his books. Tolkien is like an ancestor to these fantasy novels. Well Tolkien Lord of Rings trilogy is good.

Tolkien describes an epic adventure. R. A. Salvatore are not always so Epic it could be simply to survive or personal quest but he does describe battles much better then any other writer that I have read.

Gorge R R Martin? I have not read his books, but I have seen two first seasons of Game of Thrones. IMO they are overrated on IMDB, but very good. I liked less the first season then the second.... I can not compare since I have not read the books.

A. Sapkowski Have not read the books. I played Witcher 2 mainly because it was for adults. Enough said and I was not impressed by Witcher 2 story.

It depends on what you are looking for? If you want to read about super Epic story then Tolkien is best. If you want to read about interesting characters and small scale battle then R. A Salvatore is best. However what R.A Salvatore books lacks IMO is romance. I am not big romance fan, but the TV series Vampire Diaries and True Blood has teached me that a little bit romance can actually make it more interesting.
  • pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Actually there is a little romance in his books, just not much is all.

Don't want to add spoilers but Cattie-brie springs to mind as well as a barmaid from the cutless in luskan. There's this fleeting thing in silverymoon too.

There's also Danica but that's another series..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited October 2012
    In Tales of the Sword Coast I actually enjoyed the story of Colson's parents more than Wulfgar's story because of the romance aspect which I felt was far more emotionally and ethically driven than Wulgar's...well...depression.

Romance has become very big in his books since after The Legacy of the Drow. It's not in every book but it is in many and sometimes is a rather large part of the storyline.
    Some of it could be interpreted as nothing more than lust, but then again I wouldn't call half the romance of True Blood anything more than lust.

I've actually heard more people complain they don't like the "sappy romance stuff" that's become common in his novels than the other way around. Haha.

EDIT - BTW Don't get me wrong, I love Tolkien! But to say his stories are character driven is just...no. He gave a truly epic story but he lacked basically everything else. He, for instance, spent more time describing the color of the dwarve's hoods than the color of the dwarve's hair in the hobbit.
    Kili andf Fili are described as young...that's it. Thorin is older and tends to be a stern yet caring person. Bombur is fat. Done. They're not really characters...their unfilled placeholders. I truly believe the only defined characters in The Hobbit are Bilbo and Gandalf...possibly Beorn.
    edited October 2012
    Tolkien's story are more epic because they do not follow Chekov's shotgun. His descriptions are more vivid compared to anyone - he is just able to get it done with less words.

For example, if tolkien were to write a story on you, instead of counting the color you wear in dress or the number of knots in your shoe-laces, he would skip to the the state of your mind and describe it vivdly. As for character development, it builds up slowly and a lot is left open-ended which increases its epicness.

And he does it intentionally and not out of laziness. A person who created a whole language by himself for elves cannot be lazy. It is a wonder how a person can create so much in one lifetime.
  • bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    For those of you that are interested here is R.A. Salvatore this August (its a good watch)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Jg97b7P5jKM
    edited October 2012
    gillrmn wrote: »
    Tolkien's story are more epic because they do not follow Chekov's shotgun. His descriptions are more vivid compared to anyone - he is just able to get it done with less words.

For example, if tolkien were to write a story on you, instead of counting the color you wear in dress or the number of knots in your shoe-laces, he would skip to the the state of your mind and describe it vivdly. As for character development, it builds up slowly and a lot is left open-ended which increases its epicness.

And he does it intentionally and not out of laziness. A person who created a whole language by himself for elves cannot be lazy. It is a wonder how a person can create so much in one lifetime.

Not to be a downer but he wrote what 4 or 5 fantasy books in 30 years ?

I know tolkien is the Author to many but I can't help but feel if he had been born more in our time we all be like meh.

I loved reading his books but I must admit I love reading some other authors books as much and they wrote so much more than tolkien ever did. Link
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2012
    Here is one cheesy book for you :)

But seriously, books can be cheesy too. Sometimes the writers take it too far and make their characters pathetically emo ...
    Ok I got what you mean with cheesy:). Well yeah R.A. Salvatore describes characters with much flavor. However I like it and the characters seem interesting.
    Ok I think what more annoyed me with this comment that they are old? Seriously 1988 and newer books are not old lol. In this thread we compared R. A Salvatore to Tolkien!

Tolkien books are old that I admit. The Lord of the Rings 1954-1955 long before most of us was born. J.R.R Tolkien was born 1892 and that is old indeed and people still read his books. I must admit that Tolkien is not the most easy to read, but that is because his books are from a different life time.
  • varrvarrvarrvarr Member Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Salvatore is fun reads. He has a knack for making me care about the characters even though they are a little too cliche. I don't think of him as high literature by any means, more like junk food for the brain. I enjoy some good brain junk food though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2012
    Well, it all comes down to whether you enjoy the book or wasted your time reading it, and in that regards many authors in fantasy do awesome job. Afterall everyone has a different taste.
    edited November 2012
    Well, it all comes down to whether you enjoy the book or wasted your time reading it, and in that regards many authors in fantasy do awesome job. Afterall everyone has a different taste.

Yeah, but books require so much patience that is why I really do not read books anymore except on rare exceptions.

For example I like the TV series The Vampire Diaries and True Blood. I have never bothered to read the books about them though and have no intention to read them. Personally for me it is more entertainment if I can see it visually also like in games or movies/TV series.
    edited November 2012
    In many cases I would agree. I will read comic books from time to time but honestly I love the movies far more than any comic book.

But for novels you really need to read the books. The Harry Potter Movies, for instance, got shorter as the books got longer. The first 300 page book was turned into a three hour long movie and while you can claim that was a long movie it actually did justice to the book. For another reference the hobbit, which is a 300 page book, is being split into three two hour long movies.

The reason True Blood and Game of Thrones works is because, although it is broken into hour long segments, each book gets 10+ hours devoted to them.
    Novels which are translated into full fledged movies often don't give the full respect to detail which is absolutely required. I have never read Eragon and while I didn't particularly love the movie I don't have the hatred so many other people have for it.

Sadly I am limited to using examples from the top of my head but I know there's even better examples out there. Movies and TV Shows can be more exciting than the original work, but while a picture may be worth a thousand words film doesn't count. If there's not an hour for every hundred pages of reading the filmmakers aren't doing the novel any justice.
    edited November 2012
    Terry goodkinds the sword of truth is an example of a book that is complete ***** as a tv series...

Simple fact is any book that is converted to a tv show or movie loses something in the transition, idc which ones the book is ALWAYS better.

Some are oky though and may not be worth reading if your a "lazy" reader and wish to keep your read time for something more worthwhile.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    I never read The Sword of Truth series and I LOVED the TV Series.

I think the problem with this stereotype on moves and series is people tend to forget that the novels are the inspiration to the movies and tv series. They are not a complete, page by page, reprint in cinematic detail. I always go into every movie and tv series as if they are their own story, even if they are based off a novel I have read. Then again, I have a very active and vivid imagination that allows me to not let anything I have read or seen prior influence how I enjoy the telling of a story in a different way and format.

If people didn't go into these re-tellings of the stories as though they had to be a word-by-word screenplay, I think more people would actually enjoy them better. When Legend of the Seeker was on the air, and still to this day, if you look around at the masses that loved the series, you will come to find that most of them have never read the books. Most of those who do not like the series are almost always people who have read the books - but there are still a good number who did read them and loved the series as well.

Yes, I know a bit about this because not only was I once an advocate to try and get the series continued as well as helped make sure the second season happened, I also hosted and maintained a news site dedicated to series while it was on the air.

I am
    , or was, a heavy reader and was a passionate reader but because of my health and migraines from fine print, I am no longer able to enjoy novels like I used to. Movies and TV Series and audible books are my source of fantasy story-telling now. I am by no means, "lazy."

I also absolutely loved every one of the D&D Movies too. One of my favorite movies based off a book was The Lord of the Rings. I also really loved The Stand.
    edited November 2012
    zebular wrote: »
    I never read The Sword of Truth series and I LOVED the TV Series.

I think the problem with this stereotype on moves and series is people tend to forget that the novels are the inspiration to the movies and tv series. They are not a complete, page by page, reprint in cinematic detail. I always go into every movie and tv series as if they are their own story, even if they are based off a novel I have read. Then again, I have a very active and vivid imagination that allows me to not let anything I have read or seen prior influence how I enjoy the telling of a story in a different way and format.

If people didn't go into these re-tellings of the stories as though they had to be a word-by-word screenplay, I think more people would actually enjoy them better. When Legend of the Seeker was on the air, and still to this day, if you look around at the masses that loved the series, you will come to find that most of them have never read the books. Most of those who do not like the series are almost always people who have read the books - but there are still a good number who did read them and loved the series as well.

Yes, I know a bit about this because not only was I once an advocate to try and get the series continued as well as helped make sure the second season happened, I also hosted and maintained a news site dedicated to series while it was on the air.

I am
    , or was, a heavy reader and was a passionate reader but because of my health and migraines from fine print, I am no longer able to enjoy novels like I used to. Movies and TV Series and audible books are my source of fantasy story-telling now. I am by no means, "lazy."

I also absolutely loved every one of the D&D Movies too. One of my favorite movies based off a book was The Lord of the Rings. I also really loved The Stand.

Saying the books is better isn't a stereotype, it don't think it's a prejudice or a generalization or a misconception on my part.

Aye that's is the main problem tv show or movies tend to be retelling of the books and as such a rarely faithful to it, thus my comment of books are always better. My view is such because with book you are getting the story how the author/creator of the story wants you to read and thus how it should be read. With movies tv show you getting the directors "vision" more or less.

As to the seeker tv show it was a travesty that had nothing to do with the series except they kept some names the same, they basically should have called it something else. Sorry Zeb but I was so HAPPY the show got canned. Now if you had read the book first you more than likely would not have liked the series, I watched it with the firm intention of keeping an open mind and that it was a different "version" but i still couldn't help but hate it.

Now when I said "lazy" I put it in "" to show I didn't mean it as the person is lazy, only that for w/e reason they can't or won't read as much as they could be it lack of time/patience/health reasons, kinda like how some people have a "lazy" eye.

What it comes down to is opinion and more often than not our opinion is influenced by which ever we do first see the movie/show or read the book.

For example I watch dexter, vamp diaries, true blood etc etc and probably won't ever read the book because I am happy with the shows but I am not fooling myself into thinking that I would be of the same opinion if I had read the books first.

Same can be said of anime, if I watch a new anime series in sub first I can't stand it in dub but vice versa and the same goes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Well, out of some of the novels that have become movies/tv series that I have both read and watched, and have loved both are:
    • The Lord of the Rings (animates & cinematic)
    • The Chronicles of Narnia (british & american)
    • The Stand
    • Dragonlance (animated)
    • Mists of Avalon

I know I am forgetting some...

Take my mother also, for example. She is an avid reader of horror novels and has read everything by Stephen King and Dean Coonze (sp). She has seen and absolutely loved every single Stephen King movie and series remake. She is a die hard-fan of Haven as well and read the Colorado Kid.

Yes, you're right, it all comes down to opinion. However, the way many people word "their opinions" is in such a way that it is fact is just a horrible way to word an opinion -- which is what sparked my reply about The Legend of the Seeker. Your post on that started off with nothing about opinion and even says "simple fact" in your wording. An opinion is not fact other than the fact that an opinion is someone's thoughts and feelings on a particular thing.

Example:
    • It is a fact that the world is round. This is not an opinion, this is a fact.
    • It is an opinion that all movies based off of books are horrible, it is not a fact.

So, I guess that is all I really am trying to convey, not everyone shares such opinions of movies. I guess I tend to stand up and speak out when I see anyone or anything getting unnecessary and false accusations.

I understand what you mean but I still protest that I am "lazy" because I prefer to watch movies over reading, because my health issue. gerg.gif
    edited November 2012
    pilf3r wrote: »
    ...My view is such because with book you are getting the story how the author/creator of the story wants you to read and thus how it should be read. With movies tv show you getting the directors "vision" more or less.

Exactly the reason I like written word more than "movies" or tv shows. I can imagine at my pace. Movies and TV shows are a good watch, but to follow a story I need to read.

EDIT: The movies and TV are good for action combat scenes or pretty faces - but to follow a story at your own pace can only be done by a book. In movie, when you are watching it, it is not beneficial to stop and reflect on what you have seen before you see next part. In books, there are lines which can speak to you - for example Hamlet:-
    To be, or not to be: that is the question:
    Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
    The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
    Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
    And by opposing end them? To die: to sleep;
    No more; and by a sleep to say we end
    To some people, the romance of facing difficulties and overcoming them would mean much more and they would like to go back, reread and savor the moment. In such a way, movies or TV can never be equal of books. You are quickly fed a line of words without any time to actually recognize them and identify them. That way they are just those - stories, indifferent quick tales without much deeper meaning. The story as a whole may have some meaning which you can reflect (actions of protagonist for example) but in hurried way it is resented, words loose their meaning.

EDIT2: Also saying a picture is worth a thousand words is very inappropriate argument in such situation. Picture can indeed give you more information, but words will always give you more imagination. And people don't read novels for information (we have text books for that) but thry read novels for imagination.
    edited November 2012
    zebular wrote: »
    Well, out of some of the novels that have become movies/tv series that I have both read and watched, and have loved both are:
    The Lord of the Rings (animates & cinematic)
    The Chronicles of Narnia (british & american)
    The Stand
    Dragonlance (animated)
    Mists of Avalon

I know I am forgetting some...

Take my mother also, for example. She is an avid reader of horror novels and has read everything by Stephen King and Dean Coonze (sp). She has seen and absolutely loved every single Stephen King movie and series remake. She is a die hard-fan of Haven as well and read the Colorado Kid.

Yes, you're right, it all comes down to opinion. However, the way many people word "their opinions" is in such a way that it is fact is just a horrible way to word an opinion -- which is what sparked my reply about The Legend of the Seeker. Your post on that started off with nothing about opinion and even says "simple fact" in your wording. An opinion is not fact other than the fact that an opinion is someone's thoughts.

Example, it is a fact that the world is round. This is not an opinion, this is a fact.
    It is an opinion that all movies based off of books are horrible, it is not a fact.\

So, I guess that is all I really am trying to convey, not everyone shares such opinions of movies. I guess I tend to stand up and speak out when I see anyone or anything getting unnecessary and false accusations.

Your right Zeb reading comprehension is necessary!
    Simple fact is any book that is converted to a tv show or movie loses something in the transition, idc which ones the book is ALWAYS better.

It's a fact that any book to screen translation loses something period, something is always changed or cut etc and that IS a fact. The next part where I say the book is ALWAYS better is an opinion and that is subjective.

So ty but don't tell try and tell me what a fact is or isn't.

You even admit as much with the stereotype comment ...

I have not anywhere in any of my posts stated that "all movies based off of books are horrible" so please don't put words in my mouth. I did say the seeker show was a travesty though and having seen the show and read series and can't help but think my opinion is accurate. Doesn't mean all shows are like this or that every single person will agree with me.

I don't know whats with you tonight but the only one looking for trouble is you right now. Hell I even ignored the " active imagination" jib and let it go by when it clearly was written to imply those of us that don't agree with you lack some.

Dunno if my "lazy" comment got to you, if it did my apologies it wasn't meant in the way you thought.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]