test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

French and German

aavariusaavarius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2012 in General Discussion (PC)
Curiosity demanded I pop over to the other language forums and see what was going on. I don't read either of those languages, but I did some checking on dates and it looks like there's plenty of activity over there, too. Maybe not as much activity as over here on the English forum, but that got me wondering about the true scope of the Neverwinter community beyond the areas I know how to read. Can anybody that reads French or German tell us what's going on in the wider world of Neverwinter? I'd be curious to know if they've had any insight we haven't had here.

Heh, are people over there as argumentative and passive aggressive as we sometimes are here?
Post edited by aavarius on

Comments

• iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    aavarius wrote: »
    Curiosity demanded I pop over to the other language forums and see what was going on. I don't read either of those languages, but I did some checking on dates and it looks like there's plenty of activity over there, too. Maybe not as much activity as over here on the English forum, but that got me wondering about the true scope of the Neverwinter community beyond the areas I know how to read. Can anybody that reads French or German tell us what's going on in the wider world of Neverwinter? I'd be curious to know if they've had any insight we haven't had here.

Heh, are people over there as argumentative and passive aggressive as we sometimes are here?

French and German people argumentative and passionate? What a novel idea!

'Cuse me *runs from the newly resurrected PC Patrol which made its sarcasm check.*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vindiconvindicon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Well, nothing all that important seems to be happening at the French forums at least - just the same threads you see here about how the game will play and what the Foundry will be. Though I only looked at a handful of threads - French are quite tiring to me, even though they practically share the same grammar and syntax as my mothertongue - but we don't seem to be missing anything they don't. Aside from the fact that they happen to have a much more active community manager than we do. But then again that's the personel of PWE EU we're talking about, and they barely have anything to do all day besides reading the forums and waiting for PWE NA to licence any new games for them to translate...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Curiosity demanded I pop over...

*looks at sigpic*
    *mumbles to himself*
    ofcourse hopping from plane to plane, better stay clear...
    vindicon wrote: »

*looks at sigpic*
    *mumbles to himself*
    ofcourse some sinister plot by heathens, better stay clear...
  • ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2012
    French and German people argumentative and passionate? What a novel idea!

Juz DONT metion Ze War.b:chuckle
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    ryvvik wrote: »
    Juz DONT metion Ze War.b:chuckle

I have Polish and Russian ancestors, so they were (ahh) "wise" enough (skipping the Polish jokes but it was hard) to get out a bit before that war started and go to America.

Okay German too, but it vaz nut az kute und nut funn-e herr players! :)

Came to America via Ellis island, got part of their last name (the -ski part) cut off, the whole cliche' thing :) And here is the third generation typing away!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2012
    gillrmn wrote: »
    *looks at sigpic*
    *mumbles to himself*
    ofcourse some sinister plot by heathens, better stay clear...

Oh, u meannie b:cry don't spoil my secret plans!

And to think I just changed my old sigpic...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited September 2012
    Alternate Language Forums tend to have ore active support from company employees. There's various reasons for it but it's often got little to do with 'they simply care more.'

I doubt they would have any more information than we have though. In fact I think they would likely have less.

Came to America via Ellis island, got part of their last name (the -ski part) cut off, the whole cliche' thing :) And here is the third generation typing away!

A bit off topic but my great grandmother came through Ellis Island as well.
    My grandfather spent a long time trying to find her name on the wall but hasn't had any luck, have you ever cared enough to try?
  • muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Unique characters not supported in these forums? Grumble.

French and German are so overdone...Icelandic, and Urdu are where it's at.
    edited September 2012
    muzrub333 wrote: »
    unique Characters Not Supported In These Forums? Grumble.

French And German Are So Overdone...icelandic, And Urdu Are Where It's At.

Well, we have Greek if you want some fancy characters...

Though I wouldn't say no to Elven.

And while we're at the whole fantasy alphabet thingie, lets also add Dragontongue and Hymmnos to the mix :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited September 2012

It's been my experience that for the most part European forums can be just as problematic as western ones, I was part of a couple Eu communities back in the mid 90"s and we had our share of passive aggressives and Trolls....it's a humanity thing not so much a culture thing, but in most cases that type doesn't tend to stay around long they either get frustrated because their attempts ultimately fail or they are shown the door by the CSR's because problematic players are a known and unwanted cost.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • aavariusaavarius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'm really just curious if we're all on the same page. I hadn't really considered there's a forum community beyond the English area until now and wanted to show some love to the others. After all, once the game launches we'll all be playing together.
  • muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I snooped around on the German forum a bit today, me and google translate that is, and they seem to be focused on the same things we are. Gamers are gamers no matter what continent.

Foundry, Races & Classes. It's a small world after all, it's a small small...
  • aavariusaavarius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    muzrub333 wrote: »
    Foundry, Races & Classes. It's a small world after all, it's a small small...
    Hehe, sure thing. Anybody regularly visit both worlds?
    edited September 2012
    So what's the German translation for "Flaming Troll" in verlacular, not literal words?

And stupid sterotypes have me thinking every time somebody posts a French post, you hear immediately afterward Huh-huh-HUH!

Thinking like a six year old boy or (even worse) Seth McFarlane?

*Off to deprogramming...AGAIN*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]