test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Closed Beta Keys to be Released

Comments

• ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited September 2012
    Yeah I am afraid it ended yesterday September 18.

We should expect some more ways to access the beta test as the release draws closer though!
  • jadescimitarjadescimitar Member Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I am always a day late and a dollar short.

Had I known it was only $20 I would have bought it just for Neverwinter beta.

JS
    Yeah I am afraid it ended yesterday September 18.

We should expect some more ways to access the beta test as the release draws closer though!
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
    This city promises death for the meek, glory for the bold, danger for all, and riches for Jade!
    Elven Trickster Rogue: Two-bladed elf, tons of stabby stabby and that sort of thing...
    | R. A. Salvatore | My Minions | Forgotten Realms Wiki | Elven Translator |
  • stormshadestormshade Member, Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hey folks,

I just want to drop a quick note in here to let you all know that if you receive a key from this promotion, you can redeem it now. However, the beta has not yet begun.

We'll make sure to let you all know when the closed beta does begin.

Thanks,

Stormshade
  • viledeeds77#8676 viledeeds77 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    stormshade wrote: »
    Hey folks,

I just want to drop a quick note in here to let you all know that if you receive a key from this promotion, you can redeem it now. However, the beta has not yet begun.

Thanks,

Stormshade

Do you have a ballpark guess? Oct, Nov, Dec?

Any info would be awesome!!

Not to be confused with the Epic Soon (r) LOL joking Stormshade
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited September 2012
    Thanks for that confirmation Stormshade.

Kind of figured we would still have to wait but you can't blame us for being hopeful! ;-)
  • bardbarianbardbarian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hey folks,

Thanks,

Stormshade

Kinda figured from everything I've read so far. Still guessing we're going to see a thread or three asking why the game won't play...
  • gimpdaddy69gimpdaddy69 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    bardbarian wrote: »
    Kinda figured from everything I've read so far. Still guessing we're going to see a thread or three asking why the game won't play...

game won't play? there isn't even a download link up except for the home page which clicking through takes you to another pages that shows 2 images for http or torrent download that aren't activated lol
  • darkdaysx2darkdaysx2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    yay got my keyb:pleased
  • shampaxshampax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    got my kwy aswell, not only if the download buttons would activate ...
    heh, at least i can play tl 2.
    hopefully :).
  • jablonskyjablonsky Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    shampax wrote: »
    got my kwy aswell, not only if the download buttons would activate ...
    heh, at least i can play tl 2.
    hopefully :).

tonight yes =P I rather play Neverwinter though :)
    edited September 2012
    I still haven't gotten either of my keys.

Kind of wondering if there was an error or if I should just remain patient. My friend is a big fan of torchlight 1 and didn't even know Torchlight 2 was coming outuntil I mentioned it to here a few days ago.
    She got her access key a few hours ago and was bugging me to play with her but alas I still haven't received mine :-(
  • shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I just received mine. Maybe they send them in waves?

Edit: "The Torchlight 2 client will be available to download at 10:00 PT on Thursday, September 20."
    Will have to check that weirdo PT time. But I suspect that it's Steam unlock time?
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2012
    Is my key supposed to open a portal to Sig.... --The mage disappears.
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,847 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Oh cruel world how you mock me so...... I've got the lifer key coming to me but who knows when that will happen. I've never played the torchlight games so i didn't want to preorder just for the key either. Still, hopefully they open beta soon.
  • shonsu5320shonsu5320 Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Key applied, waiting for lift-off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dethnightslayerdethnightslayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Curses checked my mail on my phone walking into work and saw my beta key and Torchlight 2 download. Logged in here at work and applied my beta key to see a download button. Today is going to be a long 9 hours.
  • alsarothalsaroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    zebular wrote: »
    Is my key supposed to open a portal to Sig.... --The mage disappears.

Stop making me laugh at work!

And to all of you who got the beta key: You must only use your powers to improve the game!
    And play some for me as well, ok?
    "A rare display of intelligence, undoubtedly fleeting." - Edwin Odesseiron
  • shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Curses checked my mail on my phone walking into work and saw my beta key and Torchlight 2 download. Logged in here at work and applied my beta key to see a download button. Today is going to be a long 9 hours.
    Download button? Yeah. Nothing to download though, so relax. :)
  • darksxdarksx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 198 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2012
    Hey All, Got my key this morning too, so I activated it and all was good. So what happen now? Sit and wait for another email to download the game?

Thanks,
  • yolksonuyolksonu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 61
    edited September 2012
    Key received and entered. A big download button just tormenting me, whispering my name over and over like an episode of the Twilight Zone. Three hours until TL2 can be downloaded. The voices tell me, patience is a virtue. I want the voices to go away.
    Einstein - "We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
  • steelheartxsteelheartx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Anyone having trouble entering in their key?
    Looking for a family that you can game with for life? Check out Grievance at www.grievanceguild.com !
  • darksxdarksx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 198 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2012
    I had no issues, make sure when you are coping over the key that there is not a space at the end of the key.
  • varrvarrvarrvarr Member Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hey folks,

Thanks,

Stormshade

But Stormy I want my STO and CO beta keys :p How is Craig's goat by the way?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • paladinspiritpaladinspirit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    well hopefully those of us that don't have a key will be able to get one before long too.
  • valas625valas625 Member Posts: 195 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2012
    jablonsky wrote: »
    tonight yes =P I rather play Neverwinter though :)

Yea, I was at work last night hoping that by some mysterious off chance I'd get my beta key and beta would be open. Guess I knew it wouldn't happen, but damned if I didn't hope. I was more than willing to do an allnighter and still work my 1-1 shift today. Oh well. Time to try out TLII I suppose. If you're wondering, yes I bought it just for the beta key. But for 20$, you're a fool not to. Beta open around October or later anyone know?
  • alsarothalsaroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    valas625 wrote: »
    Time to try out TLII I suppose. If you're wondering, yes I bought it just for the beta key. But for 20$, you're a fool not to. Beta open around October or later anyone know?

And a fool I feel like... b:sad
    "A rare display of intelligence, undoubtedly fleeting." - Edwin Odesseiron
  • bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    That Download Now! button is a complete tease!
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2012
    yolksonu wrote: »
    Key received and entered. A big download button just tormenting me, whispering my name over and over like an episode of the Twilight Zone. Three hours until TL2 can be downloaded. The voices tell me, patience is a virtue. I want the voices to go away.

I've learned to make peace with my voices. They're the only ones that I agree with in that they keep reassuring me that I am, in fact, not crazy. Trust no one.
  • blizzidblizzid Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 170 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2012
    hmmm i have torchlight2 and i am downloading as i type this but i do not see a nwo key...will i get an email for it or am i screwed?b:shocked
  • tagari84tagari84 Member Posts: 36
    edited September 2012
    Will there be a NDA for the beta or us without a beta key we will be able to get a glimpse of the game?