test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What's the Time Based Currency?

aavariusaavarius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2012 in General Discussion (PC)
I'm talking about Dilithium or Questionite in their respective games. Is it going to be Astral Diamonds in Neverwinter? My intuitiion says it will.

Aside from the name, since presumably Neverwinter is going to have their time based currency from launch, does that mean there will be more ways to earn it?
Post edited by aavarius on

Comments

• iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Officially, there is no discussion yet on that. Unofficially, Andy mentioned tipping developers "Astral Diamonds" in his latest Foundry interview, so there's your answer.

This means I'm expecting when crafting is announced that Residuum will be that game's crafting component, but we shall have to wait and see for crafting to be discussed more, another allegedly awesome thing they can't talk about yet (but after the Foundry I'm willing to consider the possibility.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Astral shards --craft--> Rough Astral diamond ---craft---> Cut Astral diamonds ---craft---> Polished Astral diamonds ---craft----> Powered Astral Diamonds

That will at least make the grinding a bit more interesting.
  • vindiconvindicon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Why not something a bit more classy? Like... tokens of Waukeen?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aavariusaavarius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    gillrmn wrote: »
    Astral shards --craft--> Rough Astral diamond ---craft---> Cut Astral diamonds ---craft---> Polished Astral diamonds ---craft----> Powered Astral Diamonds

That will at least make the grinding a bit more interesting.
    Ha, gem grinding! That's a jewelry joke. :D

Actually, I hadn't considered residuum. If my vote counted, that's what I'd want as the time based currency.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    They do say that they have something "exciting" in crafting - some new innovation like foundry and combat. Lets see what they have first...
  • aavariusaavarius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    gillrmn wrote: »
    They do say that they have something "exciting" in crafting - some new innovation like foundry and combat. Lets see what they have first...

Not talking about crafting. I'm talking about residuum as the time based currency, independent of how it appears in the pen and paper game.
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    aavarius wrote: »
    Not talking about crafting. I'm talking about residuum as the time based currency, independent of how it appears in the pen and paper game.

Well, the other currency could be a secondary currency also swappable for Karma like STO and Honor was before those revisions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2012
    Well, the whole point, to my understanding, of having the time base currency was to reduce the vast number of currencies in that game down to a more reasonable level. It's the "here's something valuable for advancing in the game" token that you can trade in for better than standard stuff.