test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Collaboration Between Perfect World and Cryptic Studios

ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
edited August 2012 in General Discussion (PC)
Post edited by ryvvik on

Comments

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2012
    Glorious dice jar.
  • thunderspankerthunderspanker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 713 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2012
    Very good stuff. and yea. lol. the dice made me have a flashback.. hahaha
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Himmelville - Are you easily frightened?
    Click Here

On one side of the mountain, there were bones...
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Awesome video, it looks like things are going so much better for cryptic now that they are out from under Atari's oppression.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • plamgarplamgar Member Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2012
    Ahahaha the dice jar killed me with laughter :D.And when Craig said "The Forgotten realms it's awesome" i screamed HELL YEA ! And by the look of things it really is going to be a great game.
  • ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    This forum needs more Greyhawk love. FR's still decent, though, just a bit too flashy.
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    ausdoerrt wrote: »
    This forum needs more Greyhawk love. FR's still decent, though, just a bit too flashy.

Greyhawk was awesome. The days of Mordenkainen... which by the way was Gygax's favorite character. Never forget one of my earliest tabletop memories when I mistakenly mispronounced Mordenkainen's lucubration as Mordenkainen's lubrication, woops!!

Gygax's Greyhawk opened a lot of doors.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • thunderspankerthunderspanker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 713 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2012
    LOL.. i feel your need for greyhawk.. that is what Galstaff Adventures Neverwinter Quest Agency is for... :) We are still putting it together.. When WOTC got DnD, i stopped playing.. But it is time to move on. :). HERE WE ARE AGAIN!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click Here

• stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yeah I'm a huge Greyhawk fan as well but I have been following the realms ever since Ed Greenwood did that series of articles in Dragon magazine back in 79, but Ed's Realms are a bit different than the published setting. Greyhawk has that old Fritz Leiber or Michael Moorcock felling to it, I think that is why it's so endearing.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
    edited August 2012
    When we first got our hands dirty with eraser marks in Greyhawk, it had a pirate feel to me. We designed pirate campaigns that stretched all across Flanaess, and we ended up in outer space once.. (direct result of Star Trek. lol). I think the foundry might open a portal or two...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click Here

• ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2012
    ausdoerrt wrote: »

You the man on that greyhawk comment, 1st loveb:dirty greyhawk setting
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2012
    ryvvik wrote: »
    You the man on that greyhawk comment, 1st loveb:dirty greyhawk setting
    My first was Hollow World then as a larger group, I played in Dragonlance. For reasons left unsaid, we stopped playing Dragonlance and that is when I became the DM and took up Forgotten Realms. I didn't "discover" how awesome Greyhawk was until one of my players began DMing it as a side-campaign in-between my adventures. I think I would be hard pressed to pick which one, FR or GH, would be my favorite today if I would have started playing in Greyhawk as opposed to Dragonlance.

I've DM'd Forgotten Realms for so long that is just feels like a parallel dimension to me, that I should be able to slip into easily.. but am cursed by not being able to.