test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

More classes after launch?

2»

Comments

• Options
    trollololloltrollolollol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 120 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2012
    Only thing I heard from interview is PVP is something they add soon after launch. Kinda got an impression its first priority.
  • Options
    devoteoftempusdevoteoftempus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 473 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2012
    Only thing I heard from interview is PVP is something they add soon after launch. Kinda got an impression its first priority.

And so is classes, races, content, foundry, and campaign additions. They likely got seperate divisions for various aspects of the game. None are being gaffed off like how some MMOs gaffed off certain aspects of their game but all being a serious effort.
  • Options
    plamgarplamgar Member Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2012
    Well whats the problem then ?They will add more content with every patch.More excitement with every new patch.
  • Options
    devoteoftempusdevoteoftempus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 473 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2012
    plamgar wrote: »
    Well whats the problem then ?They will add more content with every patch.More excitement with every new patch.

Problem is people are discontent with just four classes (which is understandable as 4 seems awfully limited) and everyone wants a different class added now be it the bard or barb or warden or druid or swordmage or invoker or paladin or warlock or what have you. There will be some real pressure for additional classes, just hope the Cryptic has their ducks in a row in delivering new classes at a reasonable rate.
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    You can have a look here:
    Questions answered by developers (Archived in categories)

Classes part 2
    Q:Are the classes limited? Are all class builds the same?
    A: There's really no limit to the number of classes we can add into Neverwinter.
    We're starting off with a few of the more iconic classes, and then we'll be adding in more to the game as time goes on. I'm personally pretty excited about this, just from hearing the team talk about all the different classes, and races, they want to be able to add into the game eventually.

So we shouldn't worry about classes.
  • Options
    dungeondwellerdungeondweller Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Has anyone else noticed the T-shirt "Squez" is wearing in the Neverwinter E3 Recap?

It is showing 4 characters. I recognize the female as the rogue from the SoN videos. There is ovbiously a Tiefling. Not sure if the other 2 are a Dwarf and Elf and if they also represent the four known classes. I 'spose it's not out of the realm of possibility to have a Tshirt made to just represent what is being shown at a Con.

Did anyone else pick up on the group size is 5 characters but the Races info tab only mentions 4. Why would they mention the Ranger then say the Cleric is definately in but hint at the possibility of the Ranger not being the 5th class, if there will be a 5th class.

I'm just now shifting to the F2P model. So I'm sorta turned off by the concept of having to buy access to classes or races. But even in WoW when they added new classes or races for expansions I felt turned off. That was something I noticed even with 4e, how druids weren't included in the PH and probably the primary reason I just didn't really get back into D&D PnP at the time. I understand they have to make money somewhere, I just wish it wouldn't be with Races/Classes
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Thats nothing special - Just rogue fighter wizard and cleric from old pictures. The four classes that have already been confirmed. Also they have already said that there wouldbe more classes (guesses are 7 or so) at launch, definitely more than 5.

Most probably cleric was supposed to be there as there are four roles- leader, striker, defender and controller (each one). However, because of some healing issues and no auto targeting for cleric meant that they didn't show the leader role.

EDIT:
    They are from this picture btw.
    They were taken down later as site kept updating - also there was a classes page with the four classes which was also taken down as it was "old and they have to make a lot of changes".

EDIT (jk) : Your spot skill is high but you need to spend some points in religion skill too
  • Options
    qumi0qumi0 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Ranger was also semi-confirmed. In an old interview one of the devs mentioned ranger asthe 5th class, but later they kept silence about it and did not want to confirm. Still, it seems logical since there is no ranged striker in the game now and I doubt they give us Warlock so fast ;P
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    qumi0 wrote: »
    Ranger was also semi-confirmed. ...

Maybe a reason for them not to confirm it is that they already have one of each role. SO they probably wanted to hide any extra information by saying 'no comments'
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Actually, I think they only semi-confirmed it cuz Ranger might be connected to the pet system which is a great secrect and stuff... or simply they forgot and now try to deny it :P They like being secretive. Still, which other class uses bows (5 classes art reference) as a main weapon? Seeker? I doubt they add it so soon.
  • Options
    tuukkasalonentuukkasalonen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    What about Arcane Archer and ranger sub-class archer?
    (Reminder : i haven't really played PnP so don't get mad at me if my "knowledge" is wrong)
    I am inactive and I know it
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Well, it's 4ed ;-) ? Arcane Archer is probably a paragorn path, not a class itself.

Here you have a list of classes:

martial: fighter(defender), rogue(striker), warlord(leader), ranger(striker)

divine: cleric (leader), avenger (striker), paladin (defender), invoker (controller), runepriest (leader)

primal: druid (controller), barbarian (striker), shaman (leader), warden (defender), seeker (controller)

arcane: wizard (controller), warlock (striker), sorcerer (striker), swordmage (defender), artificier (leader), bard (leader)

shadow: vampire (striker), assassin (striker)

psionic: ardent (leader), psion (controller), monk (striker), battlemind (defender)
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2012
    qumi0 wrote: »
    Well, it's 4ed ;-) ? Arcane Archer is probably a paragorn path, not a class itself.

Here you have a list of classes:

martial: fighter(defender), rogue(striker), warlord(leader), ranger(striker)

divine: cleric (leader), avenger (striker), paladin (defender), invoker (controller), runepriest (leader)

primal: druid (controller), barbarian (striker), shaman (leader), warden (defender), seeker (controller)

arcane: wizard (controller), warlock (striker), sorcerer (striker), swordmage (defender), artificier (leader), bard (leader)

shadow: vampire (striker), assassin (striker)

psionic: ardent (leader), psion (controller), monk (striker), battlemind (defender)
    What about Arcane Archer and ranger sub-class archer?
    (Reminder : i haven't really played PnP so don't get mad at me if my "knowledge" is wrong)

In the 4e Player's Handbook Deluxe, there is no Arcane Archer. There is an "Archer Ranger" role and a "Two-Blade Ranger" role. As well, there is the Paragon Path called "Battlefield Archer." From what I can understand about classes and multi-class feats, it seems like you'd be able to create your own "Arcane Archer" type character by being an Archer Ranger then multi-classing some Mage or Priest feats and powers.

For the fighters, there is no archer type listed, just the "Great Weapon Fighter" and the "Guardian Fighter" roles. Their Paragon Paths are "Iron Vanguard," "Kensei," "Pit Fighter," and "Swordmaster." So this leads me to believe it would be better to go "Archer Ranger" role then multi-class feat some Wizard stuff into it.

How Rangers will be portrayed and playable in NWO however, is another story we have yet to learn.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    zebular wrote: »
    ....[/COLOR]

Seeker uses primal power source. Thus not exactly arcane, but it is better suited to use arcane ranger stuff using primal stuff imo. And the art for seekers is :O awesome
  • Options
    srodneysrodney Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'd love to see the Avernian Knight paragon path. (available in Martial Power 2)
  • Options
    tuukkasalonentuukkasalonen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Thank you for clearing this thing for me (yes i know that im too lazy to use quotes but everybody understands it anyways)
    I am inactive and I know it
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Apologies if I missed this elsewhere as I am trying to post top old but relevant topics first before reposting to newer topics repeating this first.

Cleric is there but not ready to show the general release. There's been plenty of documentation on this, and that's the fourth class release. If they are going to release cleric and they are not even ready to publicly demonstrate it, why would they show a potential fifth class which the most we have ever seen was a class based on the composition of the co-op not MMORPG style? (I'm referring to ranger which has not had any confirmation since the MMORPG redo in November 2011.) Of course, if anybody shows me interviews on something that names another class besides the four mentioned to be ready at launch, I'll note that as a possibility here and even update my FAQ suggesting its possibility.

As for future classes, that will be determined not only by the results done by developers testing things, but the feedback submitted both by requests and data from how the UI/player class results fare guiding the "next suggested class that will most likely work and is wanted by players."

Per comparison examples, the DDO 3.5 druid class was very wanted but (for them) nigh impossible to do for years due to animal transformation animations, and while a 3.5 Marshal class would be easy to do working with combat and auras, there was no player interest to make such a class no mater the ease of development.

So both game development programming mechanics and player feedback on that and class interest will shape the "winners" of the "next character class brackets."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    razorrxgdbrazorrxgdb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I am sure we will be seeing many classes and races post launch. During the Gen Con Panel Jack even said that PWE had valuable data regarding F2P and that upper level quests and features tend to keep players and possibly bring back older players, it was new races/classes that brought in new players. The drive for new players will be ongoing and as such we should expect to see regular PHBish updates (IE classes/races).

That said I am hoping for Swordmage to be a get here soon class as I really like them. A Deva Swordmage would be even better. :) Esp if I can customize the angelic markings/tattoos.

Psionic based classes would be nice as the Monk would make an appearance and I can be like Cain and walk the earth.

My first character will most definitely be a Rogue. Race is dependant on how customizable they are but am leaning toward either Tiefling, Halfling or dwarf (NON DDO Waddling FTW!).

I am hoping for a plethora of class/race changes though. More is always good if they are quality.