test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tyrs Paladium is hiring! "The 30-70+ Year Olds Guild"

Comments

• iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Now it sort of looks like the left (orange) logo side is competing with the right (blue) icon and background image side. if only you could somehow "stretch" out that right background part (not the character icon) side so it filled the entire banner rectangle, and superimpose the logo on the left side of the banner where it is now.

Or just change the logo color to something else....and this is getting complicated for a simple banner.

The motto at the bottom is fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Actually I was going for a dark scene like a cave or alcove on the left, then opening up to a crisp blue Neverwinter sky... than BAM a rogue pops out. I guess I'll save it for a future project :)

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Ahh! Works MUCH better in that size and just looked bad in the smaller "thumbnail" size. That looks exactly as you described and broodingly works perfectly! Heck, if my guild falls through, I'd like you to introduce me to her :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2012
    Ahh! Works MUCH better in that size and just looked bad in the smaller "thumbnail" size. That looks exactly as you described and broodingly works perfectly! Heck, if my guild falls through, I'd like you to introduce me to her :D

You already know what I'd say... We'll keep in touch ;)

No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The logo looks really nice, and that blue looks a bit like sapphire - my fav stone - and really really nice.
    edited June 2012
    gillrmn wrote: »
    The logo looks really nice, and that blue looks a bit like sapphire - my fav stone - and really really nice.

Awesome! Glad you like it as well ;) So it stays!

edited June 2012
    Not seen that often, but we're happy you're blue :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2012
    Hey andre, sorry to post it here but can't figure out how to send PM anymore ...

Do you have experience in creating wiki? I was thinking we should have one for the game, but I have no idea for it all. One of my friends told me "its easy, just check wikia" ... but do you just create a webpage there and let others edit it? Is that it?

I just created a thread for it too, just in case for more inputs.
    edited June 2012
    Hey andre, sorry to post it here but can't figure out how to send PM anymore ...

Do you have experience in creating wiki? I was thinking we should have one for the game, but I have no idea for it all. One of my friends told me "its easy, just check wikia" ... but do you just create a webpage there and let others edit it? Is that it?

I just created a thread for it too, just in case for more inputs.

I do happen to have experience with wikis. Wikis can be very easy to set up, but time consuming to upkeep, especially in the beginning. As time goes on, and you get quality editors on board, things go easier.

We can discuss different options privately. Lets take this discussion to the Tyrs website ;)

• yokoryuyokoryu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Wants to join but... doesn't meet age requirement :<
    edited June 2012
    yokoryu wrote: »
    Wants to join but... doesn't meet age requirement :<

sent you a private message to see if we can make exception, please respond privately as well ok?

• jenny867jenny867 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 75
    edited June 2012
    eshnick wrote: »
    Here's a good place to start - http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=5211

The beta is not active yet as far as we know. Hopefully it'll start sometime this month, June of 2012.

Tyrs seems a good group of folks to me. I'm looking forward to playing as part of the guild when Neverwinter releases.

Semper Fi!

Thanks so much! That link really helped clear some stuff up i had questions on.

Thanks goes to the creator of the post as well for keeping up with all the info!

b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jenny867jenny867 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 75
    edited June 2012
    Hello Jenny867! Before I start in thank you for your sacrifice in serving our nation and providing freedoms that my family and I are beyond grateful for.

From what you type I think you'll fit in quite well. When you get a chance, please sign up to our website and I'll grant you full read/write access asap. Fill in a roster on the Neverwinter side too, as its a great way to introduce yourself and break the ice. Welcome to Tyrs :)

Thanks so much aandre. I am looking forward to this game more and more. And being part of a good group of adventuring people will definitely be a plus.

I will try and sign up on the website. Thanks again! b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2012
    jenny867 wrote: »
    Thanks so much aandre. I am looking forward to this game more and more. And being part of a good group of adventuring people will definitely be a plus.

That would be great we are excited to have you join us Jenny!

Im the admin so as soon as I see you sign up I'll grant you full access.

edited June 2012
    jenny867 wrote: »

You're welcome! Thank people also like gillrmn who suggested it and Aandre who keep the community active socially as well!

I'm sure you will find a good home in the guild, and welcome to Neverwinter Online!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • synjynstormcrowsynjynstormcrow Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I think I asked to join before the revamp/merge but anyway.

I've played pen & Paper since '81 (I was ten) and played with my adult cousins. I began running games when I was 16 and haven't looked back. I was in the army for awhile and saw the world from somalia to panama to korea to Brazil. I played a few MMO's from Evercrack to WoW to DDO. I am really interested in Neverwinter and although I have played and enjoyed neverwinter nights I dont expect this neverwinter to follow the otehr neverwinters lol. Well just dropping a new line.
    edited July 2012
    I think I asked to join before the revamp/merge but anyway.

I've played pen & Paper since '81 (I was ten) and played with my adult cousins. I began running games when I was 16 and haven't looked back. I was in the army for awhile and saw the world from somalia to panama to korea to Brazil. I played a few MMO's from Evercrack to WoW to DDO. I am really interested in Neverwinter and although I have played and enjoyed neverwinter nights I dont expect this neverwinter to follow the otehr neverwinters lol. Well just dropping a new line.

Hello Synjynstormcrow!

Guess i must apologize for missing you earlier. I havent read the old thread since the Great Forum Wipe. :)

Most importantly I'd like to thank you for serving our nation. You'll be in good company here.

Everything you type sounds wonderful. Sounds like you'll make many friends here in Tyrs!

http://tyrspaladium.forumotion.com/

and fill out a roster to break the ice here:

http://tyrspaladium.forumotion.com/f49-neverwinter-roster-recruitment

---> Be sure to check back often as our site is frequented daily by regulars from DDO and Neverwinter guildies excited to get started! Time to pick up a Dirty Kobald at the Tyrs Tavern, they're better than shots, and the hostesses, hot DAYM! :)

• capntackcapntack Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I currently play DDO (highest level toon is a Lvl 5 Druid caster on Thelanis), and have dabbled in LOTRO, WoW, Guild Wars, and League of Legends to some degree or another. I have never found a good guild in any game to be in, and the guild I run in DDO is just for me and friends I know irl. Me and my housemate have been talking about starting an MMO from the day it releases, and this one fits the bill...He has a rich D&D history, and I just love rpgs in general (despite my low experience with true pnp). I agree with the no drama mandate. I hate drama to my very core (I have enough irl, I don't need it when I log into a game to get away from it all). I'm a pirate at heart, and absolutely LOVE playing Druids, Rogues, and Rangers (with a smattering of Sorcerer). I cannot promise I will stick with Neverwinter, as I don't know if I will end up liking it. But it would greatly help if I had a good guild family to play with. Y'all seem my kind of folk. (I am 25, a chef, computer nerd, gamer, lover of books, and my brother just graduated AF Basic, so go go armed forces! )

-CapnTack

P.S. Does anyone know how to change your avatar? haha
    edited July 2012
    capntack wrote: »
    I currently play DDO (highest level toon is a Lvl 5 Druid caster on Thelanis), and have dabbled in LOTRO, WoW, Guild Wars, and League of Legends to some degree or another. I have never found a good guild in any game to be in, and the guild I run in DDO is just for me and friends I know irl. Me and my housemate have been talking about starting an MMO from the day it releases, and this one fits the bill...He has a rich D&D history, and I just love rpgs in general (despite my low experience with true pnp). I agree with the no drama mandate. I hate drama to my very core (I have enough irl, I don't need it when I log into a game to get away from it all). I'm a pirate at heart, and absolutely LOVE playing Druids, Rogues, and Rangers (with a smattering of Sorcerer). I cannot promise I will stick with Neverwinter, as I don't know if I will end up liking it. But it would greatly help if I had a good guild family to play with. Y'all seem my kind of folk. (I am 25, a chef, computer nerd, gamer, lover of books, and my brother just graduated AF Basic, so go go armed forces! )

-CapnTack

Well, from what you type you may be a bit surprised at what you see on the Tyrs website! We are a thriving guild, each year better than the last, and I can freely say its because of the great personalities we've had the honor of meeting through the years.

http://tyrspaladium.forumotion.com/f...er-recruitment

---> Be sure to check back often! :)

PS cant change avatar. This site in much need of hobgoblin ingenuity.

edited July 2012
    2 new guildies? Aren't we growing too fast for a game that is to be out yet? :D

Guess this game will be quite a popular MMO.
    edited July 2012
    capntack wrote: »

Not yet, but eventually you will be able to choose one avatar out of many options like here. For now, everyone is a blue dragon in this dungeons :-)
    edited July 2012
    2 new guildies? Aren't we growing too fast for a game that is to be out yet? :D

Guess this game will be quite a popular MMO.

Well, we are going to take the gamers who we feel will abide by the few rules that we have... who are seeking what we have to offer them. What they will learn quickly is we actually enforce them! For those who dont fit in (we've let one go already), they'll know soon enough! :)

For those who enjoy a laid back, fun, old school D&D experience with like minded group of adventurers, this guild is designed from the ground up to do just that.

I gotta say Gillrmn, we have a FUN group of serious gamers already, and I cant WAIT to meet everyone and start adventuring!!

• capntackcapntack Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well, from what you type you may be a bit surprised at what you see on the Tyrs website! We are a thriving guild, each year better than the last, and I can freely say its because of the great personalities we've had the honor of meeting through the years.

http://tyrspaladium.forumotion.com/f...er-recruitment

---> Be sure to check back often! :)

PS cant change avatar. This site in much need of hobgoblin ingenuity.

Thank you! I shall check it out over the weekend. (And agreed...Must get some hobgoblins up in here...)
  • enchanseaenchansea Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hello Tyrs Paladium!

I have never tried looking for a guild before a game began so this will be a first for me.

My history:

I have been playing table top since 1996. Started out with Vampire the Masquerade (Also did that one Live Action) Werewolf the Apocalypse, Rifts, Anima, and of course D&D through multiple editions including 4e. I am also experienced in many MMORPG: WOW, LOTRO, & SWTOR to name a few.
    I am still a kid at heart and really excited about Neverwinter and playing with my friends and family on across the country.
    I'm pretty low key, never liked drama, and always willing to lend a helping hand. I can't say I will always be on since my life seems to be filled with changes lately. And I do fit the bill of 25+ even though everyone still cards me b:laugh.
    edited July 2012
    Welcome enchansea! Sounds good. Feel free to sign up on our site using the instructions above.

Please read the guild rules and let me know if they are satisfactory or not, ok?

Oh and please, no bear smiles in the thread, this is the No Bear Zone! ;)

• enchanseaenchansea Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Welcome enchansea! Sounds good. Feel free to sign up on our site using the instructions above.

Please read the guild rules and let me know if they are satisfactory or not, ok?

Oh and please, no bear smiles in the thread, this is the No Bear Zone! ;)

Thanks for the Welcome.

I have read the guild rules and they're fine by me and I promise . . . no more bear smiles!
    ;)

Enchansea
    edited July 2012
    Tyrs Paladium's guild website is strictly private. For identity purposes, those who get the green light to sign up on our website, please either use the same or similar forum name you use on this website, or just contact me and let me know what your Tyrs forum ID is to avoid getting deleted. Thank you kindly!

• boltimillianboltimillian Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    27, scientist/teacher. Played WOW with the top raid guild of the server for quite a bit, so I'm always up for taking on game content and fast paced character building. Looking for a group that will have dependable players to explore game content, raid and pvp with. Been waiting for this game to come out for quite a while. Until then, playing magic the gathering duels of the planeswalkers 2013 it is.
    edited July 2012
    27, scientist/teacher. Played WOW with the top raid guild of the server for quite a bit, so I'm always up for taking on game content and fast paced character building. Looking for a group that will have dependable players to explore game content, raid and pvp with. Been waiting for this game to come out for quite a while. Until then, playing magic the gathering duels of the planeswalkers 2013 it is.

Thank you Bolt for looking us up!

We are in no way looking to become a top raid guild in Neverwinter. What we will focus on is casual play, where game's most knowledgeable will play side by side with anyone, regardless how new to the game, as long as their intent is to have fun. Egos, self accomplishments, raid victories always are secondary to the camaraderie we share in the guild. Our thrill for victory comes from working together as single entity, always helping another guildie, and never leaving one behind.

Our organization, our guild rules (including the consistency in which we enforce them), and our camaraderie is what sets Tyrs Paladium apart.

Therefore, I'm not sure we are what you are looking for Bolt, but take a look at our guild rules and see if they seem fair and/or fit your playstyle. Let me know privately (email), or right here in this thread what you think.

Thanks again for giving us a look!

• boltimillianboltimillian Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well raids are too intense for my liking nowadays. Kinda the reason I quit that. Casual play is more my style, less pressure more fun because I don't have to worry about making scheduled raids ect. just play when I want to want play. I saw that your guild has a good number of people so my interest is in the fact that it's casual, but with high enough numbers, so I'm sure I can always find company to do stuff ingame.