test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tyrs Paladium is hiring! "The 30-70+ Year Olds Guild"

aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
Tyrs Paladium is a drama free, zerg free 30+ yr old (most are mid 30s-60s+) Neverwinter Founder's guild created 1 1/2 years before alpha and still going strong.

We are an American guild with an international/Euro flavor. We are looking to fill several spots with new blood. We have members on at all times, but left & right coasters (from California to New York) in the US should find plenty on during peak hours. We are successfully recruiting European players, that add a worldwide diversity and camaraderie to our established and growing guild. We are proud to play with our European brothers and sisters, as well as a few guildies that hail from such places as Australia, Africa, Asia, the Middle East.

Demographics we are looking for:

* those that haven't guilded before

* those who aren't enjoying their current guild

* EU players who'd like to help us build this important time zone with us.

... who like the game, and would like to join a group of friendly, knowledgeable players may apply. We are a decent sized guild, yet we run it tight knit. We believe in helping each other, and most of all having as much fun as possible while we play.

unpublished-gary-gygax-work-headed-to-fig-1523980247105.jpg

We play hard, laugh hard, and play it old school, with much respect to the
camaraderie found in tabletop D&D of years past.

~~~~~~ ** ~~~~~~
We have one of the most active guild websites possible, created by and for guildies only. On this site, you will find plenty of game tips in the Tyrs Library, sign up for scheduled raids in the Tyrs War Room or the Tyrs Arena (non-raid runs), shoot the ***** in the Tyrs Tavern, or listen to our esoteric MP3 player in the Tyrs Mosh Pit! And that's only a mere taste of Kargon's Tasty ham! You will ALWAYS find good times and a helping hand in Tyrs Paladium.
~~~~~~ ** ~~~~~~

If you'd like to join, post here, tell us a bit about yourself, and we'll see if you'd make a good fit.

Peace,

- Aandre the Giant

We enforce our drama free policy.

PS: We will have a contingent of current military and veterans. We are a patriotic guild, and are proud of it! We always appreciate and remember our heroes who fight for freedom all over the World, regardless of country of origin. We sincerely thank you. /salute

(Naturally, you do not need to have served to join our guild. We just like to appreciate those who risk their lives to protect our freedoms that we enjoy, and to remember those who gave it all.)

We play on the PC only. We have no plans to play on the PS4 or XBox One.

~~~~~~ ** ~~~~~~

Tyrs Paladium is healthy and ripe with action!

The Tyrs Paladium Website. Sign up here! TYRSPALADIUM.SHIVTR.COM/?site_game_id=103930

0Pte6Ie.png

We are proud sponsors of FOLDS of HONOR and Homes for Our Troops.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
Post edited by aandrethegiant on

Comments

• aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    Our playstyle? Simple, we play a relaxed game, together. We are looking for those who appreciate old school D&D values of the founding fathers mentioned below, such as camaraderie, good adventure, challenge, and most especially FUN! We pride ourselves on being well prepared, and working together to achieve a common goal. We will teach anyone willing to learn.

DDO-Gary-Gygax-Dave-Arneson-Memorial-700x410.jpg
    'Ode to the great Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson. R.I.P. (Roleplay In Peace.)

Just an example of what we stand for, as a guild, here is a video highlighting a past Veteran's Day event, which was open to anyone who chose to attend, to share just a few minutes of their time with retired and active military from around the world. We hold two ceremonies a year to show our appreciation, Memorial Day and Veteran's Day. We'll be bringing our solemn ceremony to Neverwinter as soon as we can. Hope ya'll enjoy.

WE HONOR THE MEN AND WOMEN OF THE US ARMED FORCES, AS WELL AS ALL OF OUR MILITARY FRIENDS FROM AROUND THE GLOBE, OUR VETERANS, OUR POW/MIAs, AND OF COURSE ALL THE FAMILIES THAT HAVE OR HAD THOSE IN HARMS WAY. WE DO NOT FORGET AND WE THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!

Here's an event we hosted a few years back that gives you a glimpse of who we are:
    CUSTUM IN GAME VIDEO: Veteran's Day All Server Ceremony - by Tyrs Paladium Guild

PS: The voice at the beginning of the video, as well as the player kneeling at the end of the video, are two retired servicemen, that we were gracious enough to have joined us and help us promote these events.

Iqr5k5t.jpg

Here's an image of our Neverwinter Memorial Day Ceremony a few years later.

Post edited by aandrethegiant on

No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
    edited May 2012
    Since The Great Forum Merge of 2012, I figure I'd repost our guild recruitment thread, in case the old one gets purged. Also, since editing wasn't possible anymore in the original thread, and avatars/forum names are gone, its just not feasible to continue it.

For the sake of good 'ole fashioned organization, here's our current memberlist (List of all members pre-forum merge. List will not be updated, we have a website for that purpose. ;)):

Talsik, drakebane, gillrmn, Raskalan, Deathknight1082, Ardor_Werwolf, Deathtoast, traban1234, Malaphax, Smartfox, SteeleButterfly, Woundhealer, Abub & Rottamus.

Really looking forward to seeing you all in game!

PS: We are currently hiring.

If you have a good sense of humor, wish to play selflessly together, wish to find a guild where everyone matters, willing to help each other with any challenges that may arise, and believe that you never leave a fellow guildie behind, then hit me up here or in private message, Tyrs Paladium is definitely interested!

edited May 2012
    We also have a new guild banner! Hope ya'll like it ;) It's purely optional for guildies to use, but hopefully it will help get the guild name out there and pull in some good folk to run with.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?u=89452694000&type=sigpic&dateline=1339717367

• tuukkasalonentuukkasalonen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Nice job Andre! Woud like to know but theres few other things, firstly my wc3 clan might expand to NWO and secondly im not old enough :D

I wish you best of luck to your future however!
    I am inactive and I know it
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Good to see this Guild thread resurrected. I like the banner also! (Personally I think it needs more blue, but since it's my favorite color, everything needs more blue :p)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tuukkasalonentuukkasalonen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Good to see this Guild thread resurrected. I like the banner also! (Personally I think it needs more blue, but since it's my favorite color, everything needs more blue :p)

But wouldn't blue seem...a bit weird to that logo? (my fav color is dg so doesnt matter xD)
    I am inactive and I know it
    edited May 2012
    I truly appreciate the kind words on our logo, maybe someday I'll create a Neverwinter (read: blue) specific banner but for now our guild is focusing on integration of our two communities (DDO and Neverwinter).

Unlike many multi-game guild websites, we actually encourage both gaming communities to talk freely amongst each other. Everybody knows everyone in Tyrs, that's the way we like it ...

edited May 2012
    Hi Andre. I first played DDO back in October of 2006. When The Butcher's Path quest led you to the second section of the Harbor. I played for about 2 1/2 years until they nerfed player weapon alacrity not too long after F2P. Subscribed for a month back in March but, there was really nothing that extraordinary to hold my attention. I did notice that you guys gained level 60 while I was on one evening. Grats.
    I've been playing Champions Online since October of 2009. I actually have a LT subscription there.
    Have played LotRO for awhile. Participated in their Open Beta. Didn't stay because at the time, it reminded me too much of Wow.
    I've never been in a good guild. The ones I have been in had no real leader or direction. It appears y'all don't have that problem.
    I did play WoW for awhile until I had a charater reach 80. Wasn't there too long after that.
    I've always been non zerg, party focused type of player. Your guild seems to be the type of guild I've always wanted to join.
    Any who...I'd like to place an official join request.

BlueEyedDevil

Hey BlueEyedDevil, thanks for checking us out! I've followed your posts before and after the "merge" and along with what you just typed, think you should make a good fit with Tyrs.

I can promise you we have our act together when it comes to organization. You'll learn more on our site, which I'm going grant you full access to.

Check out our guild rules, and if you still think we would make a good fit for you, sign up using your Blue name (if you choose to use another, just PM it to me ;)) and fill out a roster!

edited May 2012
    Hey Andre, thanks loads for letting me check out your site. I really think your guild is what I've been searching for all these years. Just too bad I didn't discover it before now. :( I did ask if there was someone online in DDO one night but, someone responded to my question with, "Oh, they disbanded nine months ago." I can't recall the character's name atm. I guess it's best that I can't anyway. :)
    Well, anyway, I'll resubscribe to DDO in order to maybe run with you guys a few times. I've always dispised zerging myself. I solo a lot so I know how to take it slow and cautiously. Especially when soloing with a rogue or caster. :)
    Thanks again. I'm going to load up DDO right after I finish this post.

BlueEyedDevil

Sounds great hit me up on the site or in game when you are ready!

• rangerlordsolorangerlordsolo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Hi there.

Sounds like another great bunch of guys enjoying themselves here. I'm in Japan and teach for a living. Never know when I have time and where I can use my own Mac to do things online. I use the school's PC when I have free time.

I truly wish you guys the best of luck of getting members from here and where ever you can. Should my schedule ever change to where I could do good. I'll be sure to check you all out again.

I started from the days of T&T and moved up to D&D and then on to AD&D. Still have my 15 lvl Ranger that I first played. Plus me dice.

So hope to see you all around the place here.

Solo
    edited May 2012
    Thank you for checking us out Ranger! Yeah, Tyrs is about casual play. Its a mix between the very knowledgeable and the new gamer fresh off the download. The common bond of course is the thrill to play the game... in a relaxed and fun way. Everybody helps everybody in Tyrs. Egos and bad attitudes are strictly forbidden here.

The amount of time you have to play the game is not a recruitment goal for Tyrs. We have those with military careers and those oversees in jobs that do not allow them to play whenever they want. Thats perfectly ok by us, real life comes first.

If you'd like to be granted access to our site just let me know, snoop around and see if you'd feel comfortable. If you like what you see, we'd be proud to add you to our community.

No harm/no foul either way. Thanks again, Ranger!

Hi there.

Sounds like another great bunch of guys enjoying themselves here. I'm in Japan and teach for a living. Never know when I have time and where I can use my own Mac to do things online. I use the school's PC when I have free time.

I truly wish you guys the best of luck of getting members from here and where ever you can. Should my schedule ever change to where I could do good. I'll be sure to check you all out again.

I started from the days of T&T and moved up to D&D and then on to AD&D. Still have my 15 lvl Ranger that I first played. Plus me dice.

So hope to see you all around the place here.

Solo

edited May 2012
    The doors remain open ... as E3 closes in, I'm expecting some fantastic interest as the media spotlight shines on Neverwinter.

Tyrs is looking for 25 years old and older adventurers/gamers who enjoy a casual, fun, yet active and organized family of brothers and sisters. If you are less than 25, membership is not guaranteed, but we'll certainly talk and see what happens.

FUN and TEAM PLAY are the focal points here!!

• mzeeusikumzeeusiku Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 38
    edited May 2012
    Hey guys, went over to the site and didnt see in the faq a place to sign up. I had to highlight it to read it (old eyes) but perhaps I missed it.

I was playing first edition back in the day and stayed with the various editions up to 3.5 in college. The groups I was with eventually disbanded due to distance and life mostly, but we get together on occasion for happy and sad reunions (dont we all)

I've played most mmos since mud days with the favorites being M59, DSO, The Relm, AO, EQ CoH. I tried DDO till it went free to play. I hear they made a lot of changes since then so I'd be willing to give it a shot if youre over there. Just let me know the server.

Currently involved with SWTOR in my spare time, such that it is, but I am waiting mostly for the next incarnation as I am not liking theyre way of group finding just now...

Im an ALt Addict and a toursit. I like to see every little thing and play my class my way. Nothing is more fun to me than running an instance with all the same class that we all play differently and stickin it to the man. CoH was boss for that!

Thats pretty much me!

Thanks! and I will take my answer off the air!
    edited June 2012
    mzeeusiku wrote: »
    Hey guys, went over to the site and didnt see in the faq a place to sign up. I had to highlight it to read it (old eyes) but perhaps I missed it.

I was playing first edition back in the day and stayed with the various editions up to 3.5 in college. The groups I was with eventually disbanded due to distance and life mostly, but we get together on occasion for happy and sad reunions (dont we all)

I've played most mmos since mud days with the favorites being M59, DSO, The Relm, AO, EQ CoH. I tried DDO till it went free to play. I hear they made a lot of changes since then so I'd be willing to give it a shot if youre over there. Just let me know the server.

Currently involved with SWTOR in my spare time, such that it is, but I am waiting mostly for the next incarnation as I am not liking theyre way of group finding just now...

Im an ALt Addict and a toursit. I like to see every little thing and play my class my way. Nothing is more fun to me than running an instance with all the same class that we all play differently and stickin it to the man. CoH was boss for that!

Thats pretty much me!

Thanks! and I will take my answer off the air!

Everything sounds great, Mzeeusiku! Your rich gaming history will find many matches in our guild. Our server on DDO is Ghallanda. We can get you started right up. Seek out anyone in Tyrs and ask for either Aandre, Mississippee or Paks. When Neverwinter starts, you'll be guilded, known and ready to fly!

• mzeeusikumzeeusiku Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 38
    edited June 2012
    Thanks boss, I'll head over on my next free day and Join up. ;)
  • eshnickeshnick Member Posts: 54
    edited June 2012
    Hi there. I play DDO on Sarlona. I recognize Lesliewest from the DDO Forums, where I post as Arnhelm.

I'm interested in a guild at Neverwinter startup. Not following these boards much, to be honest. I'll touch base back here in a week or so, as I'm in no hurry to commit at this time. Not even sure what the projected beta date is, let alone the release date at this point. No worries. I'm a patient, old MMO player. More to come...
    edited June 2012
    eshnick wrote: »
    Hi there. I play DDO on Sarlona. I recognize Lesliewest from the DDO Forums, where I post as Arnhelm.

I'm interested in a guild at Neverwinter startup. Not following these boards much, to be honest. I'll touch base back here in a week or so, as I'm in no hurry to commit at this time. Not even sure what the projected beta date is, let alone the release date at this point. No worries. I'm a patient, old MMO player. More to come...

Welcome to Neverwinter, and to the Tyrs Paladium thread Eshnick! As you said, we have time. To answer a few bullets you brought up, there are no beta dates set. The projected release date is set for November of this year.

Good to see another DDOer in the house! Some of our DDO guildies will be trying Neverwinter on for size, so they'll be plenty to talk about. When you get some time, check out our website and read the guild rules. If they match your playstyle & goals, let me know and we'll get you set up. You are more then welcome to join the Tyrs forum community and converse in the Tyrs Tavern... just please tip the barmaids, they work hard for their money! ;)

edited June 2012
    PM sent, despite the rather confusing system on these forums b:victory
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Wait, there's a system?!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2012
    Wait, there's a system?!

I believe their "system" is one of a chaotic nature... kinda similar to the way the alignment system works ;)

edited June 2012
    I believe their "system" is one of a chaotic nature... kinda similar to the way the alignment system works ;)

Wait, the (current) alignment system works?!

(And when did I become the straight man in this comedic duo?)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2012
    Wait, the (current) alignment system works?!

Ahemm... it's currently bugged. Fix coming soon(r).

(And when did I become the straight man in this comedic duo?)
    Hey Abbot!

edited June 2012
    Wait, there's a system?!

Ordo ab chao b:pleased
    edited June 2012
    Ōrdō ā chaos b:pleased
    Fixed it for ya :D (Yes changed it to order TO Chaos instead of order FROM chaos for those not reading/translating Latin.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jenny867jenny867 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 75
    edited June 2012
    Hey there!

I just got the thing from E3 and was checking it out. I played a little bit of D&D but mostly stuck to Vampire the Masquerade. So i am not extremely familiar with the D&D universe.

I have also played Everquest and WoW. Been looking for something to start playing and after reading your guild recruitment post and watching gameplay traillers I think this game might be it. I would love an opportunity to join you in your questing.

Does anyone know when does the beta actually start or has there been a few up already?

Never really posted much in forums so pardon the newbieness. HA

Thanks! Am looking forward to hearing back. b:victory

(PS) I am a Sergeant in the USMC reserves after 5 and a half years of Active duty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2012
    jenny867 wrote: »
    Hey there!

I just got the thing from E3 and was checking it out. I played a little bit of D&D but mostly stuck to Vampire the Masquerade. So i am not extremely familiar with the D&D universe.

I have also played Everquest and WoW. Been looking for something to start playing and after reading your guild recruitment post and watching gameplay traillers I think this game might be it. I would love an opportunity to join you in your questing.

Does anyone know when does the beta actually start or has there been a few up already?

(PS) I am a Sergeant in the USMC reserves after 5 and a half years of Active duty.

Here's a good place to start - http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=5211

The beta is not active yet as far as we know. Hopefully it'll start sometime this month, June of 2012.

Tyrs seems a good group of folks to me. I'm looking forward to playing as part of the guild when Neverwinter releases.

Semper Fi!
    edited June 2012
    jenny867 wrote: »
    Hey there!

Hello Jenny867! Before I start in thank you for your sacrifice in serving our nation and providing freedoms that my family and I are beyond grateful for.

From what you type I think you'll fit in quite well. When you get a chance, please sign up to our website and I'll grant you full read/write access asap. Fill in a roster on the Neverwinter side too, as its a great way to introduce yourself and break the ice. Welcome to Tyrs :)

edited June 2012
    Here's a good place to start - http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=5211

The beta is not active yet as far as we know. Hopefully it'll start sometime this month, June of 2012.

Tyrs seems a good group of folks to me. I'm looking forward to playing as part of the guild when Neverwinter releases.

Semper Fi!

Ahh thank you Eshnick, I was just about to hit the edit button to include Truth's excellent thread but you were all over it!! :)

edited June 2012
    Thanks. But this place is about aandre's excellent guild and (of course) our gratitude to the armed forces' people for their service. He'll look after you when it comes to guild community. Of course, if you as a new user have any Neverwinter Online questions, feel free to use that above link.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2012

Ya know... ya just might be on to something there....!

http://oi50.tinypic.com/2a9sdpj.jpg

What do ya think?