test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What happend to my account?

cybertroll62cybertroll62 Member Posts: 30
edited June 2012 in News & Announcements
I have been logging into the forums for several months with a Cryptic Account.

Now that one no longer works,a nd I had to make a Perfect World Account. Not a problem, except my login is supposedly already used by someone else, who was not me. Made this one to get access, but frustrated is putting it lightly.

You would think that you would have transported accounts over, so my old one would work here.

I will not remember this one, trust me, as it is just different enough from the old one to allow me to forget what it was.

Arggghhhhhh.
Post edited by cybertroll62 on

Comments

• Options
    msartmsart Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Some problem here ...
  • Options
    macabrivsmacabrivs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 417 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2012
    yup same problem here, had to create a new acc with diferent acc name and diferent forun name BUT i could make it with the same email..... wierd

Hope that wont mess with my beta key heheheh :P
  • Options
    shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I hate when I have to think of a new username. I really hate it. b:angry

Man, I feel like volunteering to do some D&D based smilies or something. XD At least we can use signatures? :p
  • Options
    stormshadestormshade Member, Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Hey folks,

When you come back, and log in to the website for the first time, you should be able to login using your cryptic account. When you do so, you will be walked through the process of linking your Cryptic Account to a PWE Account.

You may do this with either an account you have already created on PWE's website, or the process will also allow you to create a new PWE account which will link to your Cryptic Account.

Thanks,

Stormshade
  • Options
    shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    So having created this new shiny PWE account, how I'm supposed to merge it with Cryptic's? Because trying to log in with Cryptic's just says that no valid account and PWE's My Account seems to lack that info (checked support but maybe it requires in deep search).
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    shiaika wrote: »
    So having created this new shiny PWE account, how I'm supposed to merge it with Cryptic's? Because trying to log in with Cryptic's just says that no valid account and PWE's My Account seems to lack that info (checked support but maybe it requires in deep search).

^^^Ditto^^^
  • Options
    rangergonewildrangergonewild Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I logged into PWE with my cryptic account but I still lost my cryptic account username. So basically I just have 2 login names and passwords that take me to the same account. What's the point? Is there some where that I'm not seeing that will let me switch usernames?
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Member Posts: 601 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Unfrotunately, I had to create a PWE account. I lost my handle to, which has been pretty staple for me on the Cryptic account servers for the past 4 years now. Not completely worried about that, but eh, I think most will know me by Twitter handle at least.
  • Options
    melanderimelanderi Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users, Silverstars Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2012
    Hey guys, try this:

First, head to http://nw.perfectworld.com/ (this was formerly playneverwinter.com).

Click the "Sign up for Beta" button which will take you here:
    https://register.perfectworld.com/nw_splash

Since you have a Cryptic account, please "Click here to log in."
    This should take you to: https://my.perfectworld.com/nw

Make sure you have the Cryptic radio button selected, then enter your account name and password.

This will take you to a page for you to link to a Perfect World account. If you have a Perfect World account, go ahead and enter your information there, if not, you can create a new one.

If you create a new one, it will auto-populate with your Cryptic account name, handle, and email address. Fill out the rest of the page and click "Register."
    Pixilated Community Entity
    @Effreet in game
    Terms of Service and Rules of Conduct. Learn them, Love them
  • Options
    razorrxgdbrazorrxgdb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    melanderi wrote: »
    Hey guys, try this:

First, head to http://nw.perfectworld.com/ (this was formerly playneverwinter.com).

Make sure you have the Cryptic radio button selected, then enter your account name and password.

This will take you to a page for you to link to a Perfect World account. If you have a Perfect World account, go ahead and enter your information there, if not, you can create a new one.

If you create a new one, it will auto-populate with your Cryptic account name, handle, and email address. Fill out the rest of the page and click "Register."

it told me that my cryptic acct was already tied to a perfect world acct. I went to request what was the perfect world acct and used every email I have to see what it was ... all of them came back invalid.

I have a ticket in on it but doubt anything will happen.
  • Options
    melanderimelanderi Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users, Silverstars Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2012
    Have faith, I hear the person answering the Neverwinter tickets is quite passionate.
    @Effreet in game
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    When PWE wouldn't take my info and I read pre-conversion what was happening here, I even was proactive and sent a ticket with the email and user name (I used to be the-truthseeker) info Monday when PWE registration didn't recognize it as available and "used."
    Fine email and user name were "fixed," and there was no display name dash allowed. The user name was available and I added a number to the forum name so my user name was the same and I had thetruthseeker42.

It didn't register and gave me:

Account Name is invalid.
    Display Name is invalid.
    Your Display Name cannot be the same as your Account Name.
    E-mail Address is invalid.
    Your new password must be at least 6 characters long.
    Date of Birth is invalid.
    Agreement to the Terms of Service is required.

NOW, the display name I chose (thetruthseeker42) suddenly became unavailable as did my USER NAME (why not, I'll list it here, joshuacr) NEVER USED BEFORE IN PWE!

So, I had to come up with something completely stupid just to get my damn Cryptic account linked. Oh right: All my old PM and info is gone and it's like I'm a first-time user, so linked, what linked info?!

Oh, and I get a ticket email reply response replied to something I sent out yesterday at 6 PM EDT today.

Look, I'm pretty understanding about merges and updates, but never in the decades of forum using and many years of forum and internet tech support have I seen such a screw up.

b:angry and really, a freaking bear Smilie?

I'm (angry like starting with a p and rhymed with missed)-off very very very (or do you only read bear-y) much!

That's what I get for trying to be proactive and wait for a solution on this.

I'll stop here before I say something I regret or it just gets banned, but I've shown myself angry here only twice, and this is number two. The first time I did the right thing and pulled the post. Not this time. Let this serve as a testament even people who are patient and proactively planning have their damn limits!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    trebrtrebr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Is there somewhere we can go to make sure our accounts are linked?
    I have no idea if I'm 'good' since I can't seem to login using what I thought was my Cryptic login, but my PW login is fine..
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    trebr wrote: »
    Is there somewhere we can go to make sure our accounts are linked?
    I have no idea if I'm 'good' since I can't seem to login using what I thought was my Cryptic login, but my PW login is fine..

You may want to Submit a Ticket.
    @Effreet in game
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    It worked, I was able to log in with old Cryptic Username/PW...

Then it stopped working.... Frustration level is rising.....
  • Options
    valkhadvalkhad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I merged my accounts, but as far as I can tell it doesn't actually DO anything -- the PW account just eats the Cryptic one.

Also, seriously -- whose idea were the bear smilies? After seeing the footage and gameplay from PAX East I decided to give this game another shot, but the red tape with simply getting back onto the forums, and then seeing how they're put together... ecch...
  • Options
    forsakenkalforsakenkal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    melanderi wrote: »
    Hey guys, try this:

Hi,

I followed your directions but when I tried to do that I got an error of
    The account you are trying to link is already linked to a different account. If you feel you are receiving this in error, please contact customer service.

When I created a ticket, I was told to go follow the same steps. I replied again with the specific error but have not heard back.

I too would like to continue using my Crytpic account username that I've had since Feb 2008 (wow over 4 years!)
  • Options
    wraithsarevokwraithsarevok Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Can't change my avatar and from the looks of it, neither can anyone else.

Any news on this problem?
  • Options
    vindiconvindicon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Can't change my avatar and from the looks of it, neither can anyone else.

Any news on this problem?

If you had searched around you would have already known that this is how PWE forums work: you can use different avatars corresponding to your different in-game characters. Therefore, you cannot change your avatar before the game launches...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Hi,

I followed your directions but when I tried to do that I got an error of

When I created a ticket, I was told to go follow the same steps. I replied again with the specific error but have not heard back.

I too would like to continue using my Crytpic account username that I've had since Feb 2008 (wow over 4 years!)

This is at the top of my list this morning- I know exactly what's going on and it's an easy fix! I'm glad that you've taken the time to contact support- I hope that anyone who is having issues with registration contacts us!
    @Effreet in game
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Thanks for the reply. Here's my original ticket number if that helps:

[Incident: 120523-000359]
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I got the reply from support but based on the response it makes me think I'll never get to use my Cryptic username of Kalidor again :(
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    If one were to reply to the email response from a ticket, is that the correct way to respond? I tried to log into the ticket system but after I log in the site appears to be down:
    The page isn't redirecting properly
    Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

As a general question, rather than one specifically related to the ticket -- if a user combines their account with a PW account, and the forums reflect the PW username, does the game still reflect their cryptic username in regards to the @name handle and logging in to the game itself?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    As a general question, rather than one specifically related to the ticket -- if a user combines their account with a PW account, and the forums reflect the PW username, does the game still reflect their cryptic username in regards to the @name handle and logging in to the game itself?

This is a great question, and I'm glad you asked!

After querying the appropriate deities, we can safely say that your cryptic handle will display in game.
    @Effreet in game
  • Options
    valkhadvalkhad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Now, the question is... is there any way for people that have merged their accounts (myself included) to have their Cryptic account information display on the forum?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    valkhad wrote: »
    Now, the question is... is there any way for people that have merged their accounts (myself included) to have their Cryptic account information display on the forum?

Not at this time, no.
    @Effreet in game
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    If I ever try to submit a PWE Ticket, it gives me a time out (or Redirect loop in Chrome) error.

Please advise what I can do if I can't submit a ticket in the future how I am supposed to contact them?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    If I ever try to submit a PWE Ticket, it gives me a time out (or Redirect loop in Chrome) error.

Please advise what I can do if I can't submit a ticket in the future how I am supposed to contact them?

We're aware of this issue, and we are working on getting it fixed. In the mean time, if you are unable to send a ticket through the ticketing system, You can send an email to customerservice@perfectworld.com
    @Effreet in game
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Got it. I'll save that email for future use. Thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rangerlordsolorangerlordsolo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I just sent an e-mail detailing my problems. melanderi, I hope you or one of the staff gets my message.