test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Art idea/request

Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 5,050,278 Bounty Hunter
edited January 2012 in Art and Fiction
I... can barely write my name legibly. I have no talents for the drawing of things. But this needs to be drawn.

You may have heard of a certain Dead/Undead God Orcus... I was meandering about the forgotten realms wiki, reading about the different Deities and stumbled upon something of a Gem-
Orcus has a chance of hearing his name whenever and wherever spoken, and of reacting by manifesting to the speaker in an irritated mood. Unscrupulous merchants in various parts of the D&D have used this by selling parrots trained to speak only innocuous phrases until at a predetermined location, when they scream Orcus' name non-stop. This summons the demon, who slays the adventurer, allowing his or her equipment to be looted by the merchant's associates.
The Forgotten Realms Wiki

So I'm imagining a group of Battle Hardened adventurers fleeing in terror as a parrot flies hard after them screaming "ORCUS! ORCUS! ORCUS!"
If someone could draw this, it would be the crowning decoration of my tiny sad un-decorated desk.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 5,050,278 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2012
    My art ability is limited, but I'm considering this anyway. I'm picturing The Horned One peeping out of a portal at this bird squawking his name in some dungeon, as the PCs run behind the portal, making for the exit with horrified looks, maybe dropping their stuff all over.

Note: I have absolutely no time to actually make an attempt at this, so all this post is really is a suggestion/bump for the next reader. Who hypothetically has more artistic talent and time than me.