test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Thoughts on PvP, arena or ?

Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 5,050,278 Bounty Hunter
edited March 2012 in General Discussion (PC)
I would really love to see a gladiator style ladder.. I think LFR is the perfect setting for something like this to actually make sense inside the game world.. there are many cities across the realms that have something like this going on..

I think e-sports are the wave of the future, and games that do not set up something to take advantage of it will end up getting left behind.. JMO

So what do you guys think? would you participate in something like this? If cryptic did not include it, would you do it if it was a player generated arena? what rule sets do you think would be best to set something like this up?
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2011
    I think an open Arena would be cool, if implemented by either Cryptic or the players themselves to allow players to continually connect to it. Like a general marketplace. Also, I can't see participating unless you could also gain experience and prizes.

It also would be great if you can script it to charge a fee to participate, and this money can then be used to dole out the rewards. It also would be nice to have a system where players could lay down bets on the fights.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    lordnym wrote: »
    I think an open Arena would be cool, if implemented by either Cryptic or the players themselves to allow players to continually connect to it. Like a general marketplace. Also, I can't see participating unless you could also gain experience and prizes.

It also would be great if you can script it to charge a fee to participate, and this money can then be used to dole out the rewards. It also would be nice to have a system where players could lay down bets on the fights.

agree.. I would love to have a system you could bet on the fights..

rewards for participants could be a portion of entry fee's and a cut of the betting action.. it could be epic with some good cash being made by those who are good or lucky
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    IVsaken wrote: »
    I would really love to see a gladiator style ladder.. I think LFR is the perfect setting for something like this to actually make sense inside the game world.. there are many cities across the realms that have something like this going on..

I think e-sports are the wave of the future, and games that do not set up something to take advantage of it will end up getting left behind.. JMO

So what do you guys think? would you participate in something like this? If cryptic did not include it, would you do it if it was a player generated arena? what rule sets do you think would be best to set something like this up?

Well, in the IGN interview, they said that the emphasis will be on cooperative gameplay. Meaning that PvP will take a back seat to PvE content. And I must say that it is about time. Not that I have anything against PvP, but in most MMOs so much effort goes into balancing the classes so that they work effectively for PvP. But often what balances something for PvP ends up imbalancing it for PvE and vice versa.

If there is to be a PvP element to NwO, Then skills and abilities need to have separate PvP and PvE rules, so adjusting one for the sake of balance will not affect the other. But I feel that their core game (cooperative online RPG) should remain the primary focus. PvE is a lot easier to balance than PvP, which will free up development resources for content creation.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Well, in the IGN interview, they said that the emphasis will be on cooperative gameplay. Meaning that PvP will take a back seat to PvE content. And I must say that it is about time. Not that I have anything against PvP, but in most MMOs so much effort goes into balancing the classes so that they work effectively for PvP. But often what balances something for PvP ends up imbalancing it for PvE and vice versa.

If there is to be a PvP element to NwO, Then skills and abilities need to have separate PvP and PvE rules, so adjusting one for the sake of balance will not affect the other. But I feel that their core game (cooperative online RPG) should remain the primary focus. PvE is a lot easier to balance than PvP, which will free up development resources for content creation.

even if the devs dont have something like this, we as players can create the content ourselves.. did it in nvn1 and 2, from the looks of The Foundry.. we will have that ability here also...

as far as balance goes, no game has perfect balance, some devs try.. but they always fail pretty horribly.. so not really even wanting them to try.. if we need to ban a certain ability or spell from the arena due to it being way to OP.. we can take care of that as players.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I personally, would use an arena-style PvP as a distraction from normal co-op play, or while waiting for my group to form. Though, you do raise a good point regarding custom rulesets for PvE and PvP (something we see in a lot of online rpgs).

My hope here would be that sticking closely to the 4e rules would eliminate the need to make artificially different rules for PvP and PvE. In fact, I don't see why two players in an "co-op" adventuring party couldn't "have it out", if they wanted. Though this may open the door to griefing (unless you have a DM that can moderate, and/or a rating system to identify griefers), it would be quite a suspension of disbelief to say that players can't attack each other because...well, they just can't!
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    If you like PvP you will be disappointed :(
    OPG: Many of the servers on gamespy that were built by the community allowed open PvP. Will there be open PVP?

Jack: PvP will not be in at launch.

Source
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    PvP rarely makes sense in D&D but...

I'd love to choose a group to join and represent in various arenas. For example, you might be a knight for, say, Cormyr or a champion of your chosen deity.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Except in Friendly Fire. PvP is not so much an issue to me as having Friendly Fire be an issue. Its ridiculous you can throw a fireball int oa 30x30 and your party members are still standing.

The ones that are should be ready to kill you.

Why can't this be implemented in forge. Its was a flag on the Aurora toolset.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I wouldn't say it doesn't make sense in DnD. There can always be different tournaments or "training grounds" where you are able to test your skills against other players while staying ingame.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I'm not big on PvP, but something Arena type to get in and vent when someone step on my toe would be interesting.

Arena has my vote!
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I was surprised how much I enjoyed PvP in Startrek Online (and it might be even more surprising if you think about how little they improved there over the past year, compared to the improvements on the other aspects of the game). I never thought of myself as a PvP player.

But I think a big reason PvP is so enjoyable in STO is because there is little content that really benefits of teams. If this game is build from the ground up for cooperative play and really making you want to have a human player instead of a henchman at your side due to the difficulty of PvE (which STO definitely doesn't outside the STFs), I think I'll be fine without it.

In general, D&D 4 is not build around PvP experiences. The classes have clear roles and a Striker vs Controller would probably be a highly unfair encounter - yet you wouldn't want to miss that Controller when you fight hordes of enemies. (Of course, that's only 1v1. Balanced teams fighting each other might be interesting again... But I am not sure in D&D 4, it wouldn't be best to have an All-Striker team that simply provides so much burst damage that the enemies side simply loses one member after another, making everything decide on the team's intiative.)
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    D&D is not designed for PVP, never has been a 10th fighter and a 10th level rogue are not equal.

If they set it up, it should be for any level and they should NEVER atempt to balance the classes, you take your chance and thats it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I found this thread searching for pvp. I'm a big-time pvper but I play NWN/D&D more for PVE/role-play.

I'll partly agree about the comment about balancing for one ruins the other.

But, as I learned in PVP modules in NWN series, D&D classes weren't ever balanced for pvp...

With that said, class balancing shouldn't happen. Classes conform to D&D ruleset and shouldn't change that much. What I did was just built a character that fit pvp for pvp mods out there. its not that big of a deal since d&d only has 20 levels.

I don't know how this game is designed, but I would like to see the custom content players can create to allow for open PVP if the designer so chooses it. no need to balance anything. If your class gets owned in pvp, role a better build. period. clerics are pretty much the best at pvp in d&d ruleset because of the spells and heavy armor. since it's 4.0, kinda gonna miss building my own custom multiclass builds. but oh well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm up for whatever.
    Full PvP, limited PvP, arena-only PvP...
    If it's player-designed in an arena-style...
    right on... I'll definitely stop in.

Balance is the aspect that provides
    another dimension to the game...
    of course it will be imbalanced...
    a halfling rogue going toe-to-toe with a
    human paladin? I'd be up for that
    just to see what would happen lol.

Developers should not try to 'balance' out
    players for the purpose of PvP...
    Balance them out for PvE and team-work.
    PvP was never a priority for DnD.
    And therefore if the developers want to
    include it... keep this in mind with its design.

If the inclusion of PvP requires valuable
    resources to be taken off the PvE development
    team... and if it prolongs release... I say
    scrap the PvP.

I've never played table-top characters for
    the sake of creating skills to match other players
    with the intent of PvP. It's always been for the
    PvE.

Dynamic? yea I play a halfling rogue exclusively...
    I come across some hardcore fighter or caster...
    and they want to step up... I'll stand my ground.
    I'm all about the AoC mentality of PvP.

However... I admit, I do have my limitations.
    I would have THREE concerns:

1. 'Camping' next to fallen characters.
    I'm not interested in a system that leaves
    my dead character prostrate and accessible to
    those that just owned me, allowing them to
    'camp' next to my character to perpetually beat
    me down upon each and every resurrection.

2. Body retrieval.
    If I have to alight some rideable creature
    for twenty minutes to go and retrieve my body...
    I'll be uninstalling before I get there.

3. Loss of gold/items.
    Depends on how much I would lose, and how
    much time I would have to invest to replenish
    my losses.

Yeah I know I'm griping about this... I am only
    asking for a few conveniences if PvP becomes an
    element in the game.

Either way... I'll trust the developers and their justifications.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Even in the world of DnD u can create good pvp. You guys look only on how much hp or dps some class's have instead think how to make other class's usefull on diffrent way than dealing dps.

Class with lower dps and hp can win against stronger one just if you can create combo that make your enemy toy in your hands. If cryptic can create good skills so each class can have some strategy then wining or losing is in players hands.

Added few skills to my thread. If each class get some of these skills then there will be no problem on pvp.
    Normal skill that would be nice to see in game can be added to any class's you think is best:

1. Whirlwind - spining around with weapon atacking all nearby enemys.
    2. Mist - creating great mist making people unable to see eachother
    3. Goblin Path - allow u to move underground making enemy unable to atack you, jumping out when skill ends
    4. Road To Heaven - Mind spell which freeze you and your enemy making unablle to move or atack (max10sec). Spell freeze enemy hp and mp when u can regenerate (skill can get cannceled when you or enemy get atacked).
    5. Road To Hell - Mind spell which freeze you and your enemy making unablle to move or atack(max10sec). Every second you lose 1%hp when enemy lose 2%(skill can get cannceled when you or enemy get atacked)
    6. Portal - same as you could see in portal game, create gate where caster stands to the place where caster point allowing to move him and he's party members
    7. Octagonal Dimension - create 8 warp holes around caster allowing him to radomly move bettwen them
    8. Tainted wings - allow caster to make 3 fast dash jumps
    9. Symphony of Death - buff which increase our dmg. Less hp we have then greater buff. 100%hp 2% dmg, less than 70%hp 6%dmg,less than 40% 12%dmg, less than 20%hp 20%dmg, less than 5%hp 30%dmg
    10. Shift - allow to switch places with friendly unit
    11. Courage Shift - allow to switch places with enemy unit
    12. Deadly Clone - create your clone which explode when atacked
    13. Russian Roulette - cast random debuff on you and your enemy -20% hp,dmg,defense, resist etc. etc.
    14. Pressure Reflection - knockback you and your enemy in oposite direction
    15. Clown Costume - copies the appearance of your enemy
    16. Double caster - allow you to instantlly cast 2 skill at once for 5 sec, when ends you can't cast skills for 5 sec
    17. Devil statue - change your body to stone devil statue for 5 sec making you unable to move,atack and absorb all dmg to burst when you leave your statue shell dmg near enemies
    18. Earth prison - hit the ground to create crater that create prison for nearby enemies
    19. Silence blade - hit enemy with sword stoping them from casting any spell for 3 sec
    20. Undead curse - curse enemy and slowly dmg him (dot), if the enemy die when spell is active then he become your minion for mobs 3min/ players 20sec
    21. Do a barrel roll ! - do a barrel roll stuning all enemies on your way for 3 sec
    22. Speed of Light - huge boost for your movement speed for 5sec and mark all enemies you have touch as a target for approaching lightning when the skil ends. Can't atack or cast any other spell when SoL is active
    23. Cyclone eye - instantly create burst of air which knockback nearby enemies
    24. Brotherhood - create link with your ally to absorb half of dmg he receive, and reducing the dmg you get in half for 5 sec
    25. Last wish - instantly put you in half dead status for 3 sec, if you die in that time your dying body will create huge explosion
    26. Blind - drastically reduce your opponent's field of view
    27. Armagedon Blade - allow you to enchant your blade with power of 3 your or ally skills that can be released with a single blow, power dissapear if not hit anything in 15 sec
    28. Ambush - make a long jump on your enemy stuning him for 2 sec
    29. The trick of the mind - confuse enemy mind to make him move left when he want to move right and move back when he want to move forward etc. etc.
    30. GET OVER HERE! - throw a chain to pierce the enemy and pull him to you (MK scorpion skill xD)
    31. Friend or Foe ? - confuse your enemy to atack his ally
    32. Life chain - Drain life from your enemy and transfer it to yourself or ally
    33. Clown parade - for 5sec all enemies in AoE looks same as you
    34. Decoy - create unontrollable clone of yours, when you can runaway in stealth mode for 5sec
    35. Death sentence - mark enemy for 10sec with death sentence which give you 20% dmg boost agains marked enemy but makes you take 10% more dmg from other enemys
    36. Ark of time - move you back in time to place where have you been 5sec ago with same hp/mp, can't cast skills for 2sec
    37. Ivy walk - inc your movement speed for 10sec by 50% and leaving behind a trail that poisons your opponents
    38. Mana burn - for 8sec each of your normal atack burn 5% of enemy mana
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Last word was there will be ZERO pvp, and this was from Cryptic.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Saco123 wrote:
    Last word was there will be ZERO pvp, and this was from Cryptic.

And I am happy about this. Finally an end to the constant nerfing of classes in the neverending quest for balance that will never be achieved so long as there are thinking minds behind the toons.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i would rather not see pvp if it means that we have to wait even longer for the game to come out. rather, i would like to see the extra effort the devs would be putting into "balancing" the classes for pvp into more indepth features for our pve play - dyes and customization options for clothing and armor, more options for skin tones/body types/hair/etc, or simply putting in additional shops, more freedom with the foundry, or whatever.

i realize that this is probably not an "either/or" scenerio, but i would like to have some assurance that the core systems that all of us are going to be using are intact before going to a peripheral pvp feature that not all of us are going to enjoy or participate in.

i like beating on baddies, not getting beat on by players that have faster computers or faster typing (or have a better shortcut setup) than me, that is not representative of dnd at all to me, and there is already going to be large elements of "realtime" gameplay that are "putting the kybosh" on turn-based combat.

i would like to see the devs try to avoid making this game all about min-maxing also. granted, there are going to be everyone's prime requisite scores that their class uses the "most" for their skills, but it would be nice to not be "punished" too harshly for assigning our scores in an "oddball" fashion in order to try to flesh out our characters at the ability score level, and to avoid the "carboncopy" effect.

personally, i dont like pvp, some of you do. i think the devs should concentrate on a more immmersive storyline or whatever other features that we would all enjoy before adding another "my dude is better than your dude" feature.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    gl on mmo market without pvp, can't wait to se those millions of DnD players...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    prejt wrote: »
    gl on mmo market without pvp, can't wait to se those millions of DnD players...

The biggest lie ever told concerning MMOs is that they REQUIRE PvP to be any good. The only people who say that are the ones who would feel cheated without the means of showing off the size of their e-peen.

PvP is not NEEDED. It's just one of those things that a part of the MMO community considers to be make-or-break. Just like there is a part that feels that a crafting system is needed. Or that the ability to have a house and decorate it.

Every sub-group in the MMO community feels that its favorite feature is what makes or breaks the game.

IF PvP were to exist in NW, then let it be kept apart from the core game. Let it have its own unique advancement system and let it be for characters designed and balanced expressly for PvP. That way, any nerfing done will not touch abilities balanced for PvE.

That was one of the biggest problems with Star Wars Galaxies. If they spent half the time they took rebalancing the 9 iconic classes on designing content, then maybe that game wouldn't have shut down week before last...

Be honest. If you've played any existing MMO for any length of time, aren't you tired of balance pass after balance pass on character classes and abilities?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies ~Stormshade
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You guys don't know what you are doing and you guys will fail if you not start using a fuc!in common sense.

Does that mean you are leaving us?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    no, I'm still having fun here..
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Prejt,

First of all, PvP is not <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I certainly haven't said such. However, it is not NEEDED for an MMO to be successful. It all depends on how serious the developer is in supporting the PvE crowd by making sure there is constant flow of content.

PvP tends to be one of the things people turn to when they run out of PvE content. That and raids. And I dearly wish developers would jump off the raid bandwagon. Especially in the context they have been used in for years as a geargrind treadmill.

Because Cryptic backpedaled and decided to turn this into yet another MMO, rather than the innovative concept of online RPG catering to standard party size grouping. I rather liked the thought that Cryptic would run a campaign and everyone else would be able to do likewise, forming player groups with Neverwinter becoming the platform for hosting campaigns.

I'm not even sure if I am going to bother with this game. I will participate in discussion, mainly because I enjoy discussion of game development, and I grew up with FIRST edition D&D. I didn't get to play it as often as I would have liked. But that did not lessen my interest.

MMOs do not require raiding. They do not require PvP. What they require is a focus on developing for the interests of a core audience. But todays developers have forgotten the true statement that it is impossible to please everying and the try their hardest to do exactly that... And more often than not, they fail... MISERABLY!

So if there is ever to be PvP in neverwinter, I pray they do what NCSoft did with Guild Wars 1 and keep the PvP aspect separate from the PvE. Those who want to PvP can do so. But the rest of us never have to worry about it affecting our gameplay due to constant tweaking and nerfing our character classes.

So let there be a PvP Fighter class and a PvE Fighter class. The only time the PvE version gets touch is to deal with issues arising from PvE. Same would apply to all other playable classes.

But I would rather Cryptic remain focused on delivering a solind and continuous series of PvE questlines that take us all over the Forgotten Realms, starting in Neverwinter and spreading out.

I don't want a typical MMO wrapped in a D&D skin. I want a D&D MMO through and through. And if that means sacrificing typical MMO mechanics if they don't fit within D&D rules, then so be it. You may not like it. But those of us who grew up with this IP and love it the way it is do.

Now if mechanics from other MMOs can be made to fith within the scope of the D&D IP, then by all means they should be added. But if not, then too bad. Want to play a game with those mechanics? Fine. Go play one. There are many already on the market to choose from. Just for once, let there be an IP-based MMO that is truly based upon the chosen IP.

PLEASE!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Prejt,

So if there is ever to be PvP in neverwinter, I pray they do what NCSoft did with Guild Wars 1 and keep the PvP aspect separate from the PvE. Those who want to PvP can do so. But the rest of us never have to worry about it affecting our gameplay due to constant tweaking and nerfing our character classes.

So let there be a PvP Fighter class and a PvE Fighter class. The only time the PvE version gets touch is to deal with issues arising from PvE. Same would apply to all other playable classes.

But I would rather Cryptic remain focused on delivering a solind and continuous series of PvE questlines that take us all over the Forgotten Realms, starting in Neverwinter and spreading out.
    POTS AND PVP

Arena battles

This is proper pvp with ranking system. There should be three kinds of maps for 3v3, 5v5, 16v16 (guild Wars). 3v3 and 5v5 inc your own pvp rank and guild wars inc rank of your guild.

Arena battles should have their own unique weapons and armor sets outside of pve.

So when you go for pvp u chose from list armors sets and weapon already done. So there is nothing to upgrade, everyone can have same items and only thing that is important it's player skill.

At ranked pvp you can't use instant pots but only regeneration ones.

The way that item mall could make money on it is if each weapon/armor had one default skin and you could get more cool ones via item mall. Of course they make you only look more cool but not change any stats.

As you progress on pvp you get more points and you can unlock more items for pvp which don't have to be stronger but change your gamplay a bit.

Just to give example if warrior could chose between armor that give him more dps/ defence / movement speed / crit chance or magic resist.

Well you guys was screaming about not having any pvp because it will change pve but i never said I wanted to change pve any way.

Only thing that i wanted to change was daily powers that are ok for single player/co-op game to cooldown system which would be stupid and pointless in pen and paper game (that's why you will never have it any rulebook) but it's best when it comes to mmo games and specifically for action mmo games

You need to keep people busy in mmo and pvp solution like in guild wars is best.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Forgot to mention that the whole no PvP thing was prior to all the acquisition news and changing NWO to an MMO, so they might change their minds on the whole PvP.

I would think that there will be PvP areas like in the DDO taverns and if they do I really hope they just put PvP areas and leave it at that and allow a PvP zone creations with the Foundry System. I don't want the nerf bat going round for the sake of "PvP balance" like how Turbine gutted archery in DDO due to QQing from the PvPers.

Really if you want PvP then you should go play GW2 as that is a focal point. Hopefully Cryptic will stick to the rulebooks and if PvP is allowed and people QQ, I just hope Cryptic has the backboe to say "Suck it up, this is how the rulebooks are and this is how it will be in NWO."
  • Options
    edited December 2011

As far as I saw gameplay of champions online and STO i'm not suprised that people think pvp is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> if you only playd these games with poor graphic, animation, lack of content and idea for how to keep people busy in game.

CO was meant to look cartoony, to represent a comic book theme, did you get past that, and that it was supposed to be marvel universe, but marvel pulled the pin, for reasons probably linked to atari?

And I myself playd over 20 mmo games like lineage 1 and 2, world of warcraft, loong, requiem bloodymare, guild wars, runes of magic, aion, etc. etc.

all of these are the same as all the other is graphics and game play, big hair and oversized weapons, but none graphically more enhanced than others as they cant really, cos if we all played skyrim online, it would be lag city.
    Champions online and STO look like game created by people that didn't know what they are doing.

well you better not buy the game componets then! u know that cryptic is making Neverwinter right?
    Not to forget you have new counter-strike coming, diablo3, dota2 so market is full of options and you guys want to give advices like banishment people for 24h if they die in game or waiting god know how long so people can use skills again and everything else so we don't have few people pointing with dirty finger saying "oh that's not in dnd rulebook"

No one said anything about banishment, you have misinterperated as i took for granted that you played NWN/2 and understood a day night cycle 24hours=1 Real hour, 8 hrs = 3 seconds (example of a cooldown) hence why i tried to elaborate, a crafting mechanism in rift need 20 (real hours) to talk about the difference in real time versus game time management cooldown.

The core fundamentals of D&d are character creation, the LORE, the Monster base, Questing for lvl xp, treasure and Group Dynamic, certainly not pvp
    I don't want a typical MMO wrapped in a D&D skin. I want a D&D MMO through and through. And if that means sacrificing typical MMO mechanics if they don't fit within D&D rules, then so be it. You may not like it. But those of us who grew up with this IP and love it the way it is do.

FTW
    I'm not even sure if I am going to bother with this game. I will participate in discussion, mainly because I enjoy discussion of game development, and I grew up with FIRST edition D&D. I didn't get to play it as often as I would have liked. But that did not lessen my interest.

that would be a shame, you are a good ambassador for this game.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Evilhemmes wrote:
    CO was meant to look cartoony, to represent a comic book theme, did you get past that, and that it was supposed to be marvel universe, but marvel pulled the pin, for reasons probably linked to atari?

all of these are the same as all the other is graphics and game play, big hair and oversized weapons, but none graphically more enhanced than others as they cant really, cos if we all played skyrim online, it would be lag city.

well you better not buy the game componets then! u know that cryptic is making Neverwinter right?

No one said anything about banishment, you have misinterperated as i took for granted that you played NWN/2 and understood a day night cycle 24hours=1 Real hour, 8 hrs = 3 seconds (example of a cooldown) hence why i tried to elaborate, a crafting mechanism in rift need 20 (real hours) to talk about the difference in real time versus game time management cooldown.

The core fundamentals of D&d are character creation, the LORE, the Monster base, Questing for lvl xp, treasure and Group Dynamic, certainly not pvp

FTW

that would be a shame, you are a good ambassador for this game.

CO - i know it's a cartoony but i think game developers forgot to create map and objects textures, aim system suck hard, mobs die to fast and game is boring as hell

No they are not same, they may have similar systems but gameplay is different. Well you would know it if you would ever play them.

About banishment for dying you guys said 24h and when i said it's stupid you guys said to go play another character, later on you or someone else said that one day can be 2h of real time. I'm not going here to play with quotes.

PvP is not core of DnD but it's core of MMO games. MMO games is about playing with people,compete and communicate with them. Pure DnD content it's not enough for mmo game. You don't create game for 20-40h but for several months.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    [QUOTE=CaptainQuirk;88332
    PvP is not NEEDED. [/QUOTE]

It is for me ;)

It was one of the main elements that made Neverwinter Nights such a cult success, imho.

I think the most important thing for NwO to be a great game is to allow the Foundry to have a robustness that allows players to design areas and such and balance out the pvp themselves.

Bottom line, just allow for the Foundry to have this ability to toggle and customize. :)
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    bardlehel wrote: »
    It is for me ;)

It was one of the main elements that made Neverwinter Nights such a cult success, imho.

I think the most important thing for NwO to be a great game is to allow the Foundry to have a robustness that allows players to design areas and such and balance out the pvp themselves.

Bottom line, just allow for the Foundry to have this ability to toggle and customize. :)

Respectively, the foundry and PvP may be separate things. It could be offered only as sanctioned from the company, a third-party module only, or not at all.

But if it is a potential option, I do hope we can "craft" it in our mods.