test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scripting question.

Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 5,050,278 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2011 in General Discussion (PC)
Will we be able to create passwords for doors that are either entered into a box by the player or said by the player and ackowledged by a script? I always like to throw in a few riddles and things- nothing too hard- and i often add clues before reaching the locked door. It would not be dungeons and dragons without this- it was available in nwn but i never saw anyone use it other than myself.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 5,050,278 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2011
    Awesome question.

You can place the answer somewhere in the module/dungeon/ruins whatever. When they finally come to the door it asks a riddle and you should already know the answer and pop it in to open the door. That was always fun in NWN1.

The scripting. So much was able to be accomplished with it.
    edited June 2011
    rowski wrote: »
    Will we be able to create passwords for doors that are either entered into a box by the player or said by the player and ackowledged by a script? I always like to throw in a few riddles and things- nothing too hard- and i often add clues before reaching the locked door. It would not be dungeons and dragons without this- it was available in nwn but i never saw anyone use it other than myself.

Ahhhh I sense someone who followed the Solstice Toolset when they were still promising such things. ;)

It would be an awesome feature one I would welcome.
    edited June 2011
    I continually pushed for this during the early discussion on NWN2 and got feedback from devs several times lookinf for clarification. Obsidian apparently wasn't aware that the system in place in NWN1 was an invisible "listener". I explained I would prefer a GUI.

It was implemented and I think very well with pre- and post-events tagged to the GUI. They just forgot who it was that explained it and pushed for it so hard. :D
    edited June 2011
    We ****** well better better be able to do that! It isn't D&D without puzzles/hazards/traps/secret areas, etc. Some of the ideas I have planned for modules center around that sort of stuff with minimal to virtually no combat at all. I always loved quests that focused on (lateral) thinking because they were so few and far between from the usual dungeon crawls.
    edited June 2011
    If we will be given such scripting tool like in NWN1 there will be no problem to do anything you want :) So scripting tool is a must be :)