test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Prestige classes

Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 5,050,278 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2011 in General Discussion (PC)
Not sure if this has been brought up yet, Prestige classes. im sure will see them at some point . any confirmation tho?:o
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 5,050,278 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2011
    There are no prestige classes in 4E.

Paragon Paths and Epic Destinies arrive at levels 11 and 21, respectively. These are more of an enhancement to the class than they are a class themselves.
    edited June 2011
    Dredking wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been brought up yet, Prestige classes. im sure will see them at some point . any confirmation tho?:o

Prestige Classes don't exist in 4E, instead you have "Paragon Paths" which cover your character for levels 11-20 (while "Epic Destinies" cover 21-30).

They are similar to 3E/3.5E Prestige Classes as they have requirements you have to meet to qualify for them which range from simple ones (Rogue Class) to slightly more complex (Genasi Race + Extra Manifestation Feat, or Drow Race + Dungeoneering Skills, etc).

At launch however they've said that the game will only have levels 1-10 (the Heroic Tier) and that Paragon level play would be something that would occur sometime after the games launch.
    edited June 2011
    hmm .ill admite i never looked into 4E the last set of books i bought were 3rd edition , thats ok ill adapt i was looking forward too playing a assassin tho
    edited June 2011
    Hythian wrote: »
    Prestige Classes don't exist in 4E, instead you have "Paragon Paths" which cover your character for levels 11-20 (while "Epic Destinies" cover 21-30).

They are similar to 3E/3.5E Prestige Classes as they have requirements you have to meet to qualify for them which range from simple ones (Rogue Class) to slightly more complex (Genasi Race + Extra Manifestation Feat, or Drow Race + Dungeoneering Skills, etc).

At launch however they've said that the game will only have levels 1-10 (the Heroic Tier) and that Paragon level play would be something that would occur sometime after the games launch.

Ty for the reply, im going too go buy some 4e books
    edited June 2011
    Dredking wrote: »
    Ty for the reply, im going too go buy some 4e books

I'd recommend you start with just the 4E PHB and the 4E Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide.

Those two books would get you the basic rules for 4th Edition as well as some of the updated info it is nice to know about the Realms post-Spellplague.
    edited June 2011
    good to know it's in 4th edition... don't think i'll pick this game up anymore