test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pathing: Better or Worse than STO/Champions?

Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 5,050,278 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2011 in General Discussion (PC)
I'm really hoping that the team working on the engine improve AI pathing.

The issues in STO/Champions are quite frustrating. ;)
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 5,050,278 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2011
    At least it's better in STO than it was at launch where your Boffs would get stuck every time you turned a corner. Now they just like to jump to their deaths in the fire caves on Bajor. :D
    edited June 2011
    Does this mean you can fall? I can make pits? This is something I can use.
    edited June 2011
    tlantl wrote: »
    Does this mean you can fall? I can make pits? This is something I can use.

Ooh yes.

My character in CO regularly uses knockback powers to fling opponents off of rooftops so they can fall to their... uh... defeat (and then flies rapidly away so they don't have to explain to the police about that guy that just fell 40 stories on top of the pedestrian walking by).

In STO it's a little less common when I play (fewer sources of knockback) but it still happens on some of the steeper cliff edges (that aren't also invisible wall map edges) that I can knock enemies off of them.

I really do hope that pathing improves, as well as the AIs ability to determine what a good path is or isn't. I am really rather tired of watching my BOffs in STO decide that the best path to follow takes them through the plasma fire of the plasma grenade (seriously, did no one ever tell them that 'shiny green fire is bad!') or has them crouching on top of the lava rocks and burning slowly to death.