test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Spelljammer Launch Week Issues

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 56 Community Manager
This thread is to report bugs related to the new content or that began with the release of Demonweb Pits. Please do not report previously discovered bugs (either on live or on preview) or general feedback. All unrelated comments will be moved so that the team can better focus on the new issues.

NOTE: If you post an issue on this thread, please be assured that it is being read. Time will be spent reviewing issues and escalating them as efficiently as possible. We are not able to respond or give detailed updates to each individual post but all feedback and reports are being received.

Comments

• Options
    ivansoong#2073 ivansoong Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2023
    I have made the progress to third timeline for the moon dancer via purchase of the pack from Zen market. I am unable to complete the last quest in planet Omomia that is entitled "Meeting Your Idol" with the requirement to "Defeat the Aboleth". I followed the path to the Avatar of Water. Nothing can be interacted in that area and the Aboleth nowhere can be found. I suspected it is a bug. Please kindly assist! Thank you.
  • Options
    geminisky59#9345 geminisky59 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    I am having the same issue on xbox.
  • Options
    awoowoo#4143 awoowoo Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Enchanter's Hex is only applying to Daily Powers on the Wizard. None of the control encounters are proccing it.
  • Options
    mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 407 Arc User
    The "Spelljammer Launch Week Issues" thread says it's for reporting bugs since the release of Demonweb Pits... must be a typo :)
  • Options
    anna#4890 anna Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited November 2023
    The Divergent Progenitor miniboss has a line attack that follows you when you move out of the way, much like the old bug where cone attacks would move to follow you after dodging.

The new block animation is quite poor for visibility, I barely know when my paladin is blocking anymore.

The new UI changes made it so that when choosing to use your alliance tag instead of guild name, it shows as Alliance: [Name] which is frankly ugly and a whole lotta text for nothing.

You also said Demonweb Pitts in the content of your forum post instead of Spelljammer, like the title.
  • Options
    hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    The weekly cap of 3 for "Miniature Neutron Core" is not working, either it is uncapped or far higher.
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • Options
    bolt#9204 bolt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited November 2023
    Transfer between instances is bugged. Sometimes you get an instance full message for an instance you have selected, so you wait a few seconds then try transfer again after a few tries "Transfer" option is active but when you select that option you are not taken to the selected instance but to some random instance that is not full. This should not happen, if an instance is full it should indicate it is full all the time it is full and in this period the transfer button should not appear as an option until the instance has available space for new players to enter it
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited November 2023
    1. Really difficult to know where Party Members are: doesn't show planet or instance they on, or on invasion map, or Moondancer.
    2. The Invasion: has 20 in FULL instance, yet map so large, everyone runs alone, makes it difficult for Paladins, & others to work together.
    3. Missions you do in party: Higher Evolution Mission, stop dropping items except for party leader; so lots of joining/leaving party to progress.
    4. Heroic: Aggressive Negiotations starts, then quickly is bugged on Planet Byzunov as it asks you to defend the Moondancer Crew; yet they are never threatned by anyone, so the Heroic Encounter never even begins or starts, and then everyone leaves or gives up... :scream:
    5. Aboleth of Water - Meeting Your Idol Mission on the Asteroid is bugged, he almost never attacks you, or allows you to attack him. The only work-around is to continue to swap instances until you see the Avatar is Red and Ready to fight.

++ MORE DETAILS +++ -------

#1 If you on Asteroid - Zar'bos then say "Zar'bos 5" so your party can tell what Planet, Asteroid, or Invasion you at.
      ╘ If you in a group with others, it doesn't identify Moondancer 5, Invasion 5, Zar'bos 5, so you don't know which planet or area everyone is.

#2 For Invasions, help focus players to certain area's show area's where Commander's spawn with circle when they alive; then people know where to focus efforts!

Showing more important area's to focus when Invasion is on, is a good idea, and while I suspect they won't change this behavior it's really kind of silly. If your fighting your best to wait till you at least find 1 other person to JOIN up with. The problem is that everyone is separated unless in a small party, and even if you are you can't tell which planet your on without saying. So most people during invasion will spent 1-3 minutes just trying to find 1-2 others, that's even in instances with 20+ people. There's no progress cause it's not like a Heroic, so it's just defeating any enemy, or commanders; except for trying to loot 2-3 possible chest that exist for currency.

People need to say in Zone LFG for Invasion 5, or BHE Zar'bos 5. So during invasion it be nice to provide a basic guide to draw attention to certain area's. Now since it's such a large area it really makes zone chat full, cause everyone is trying to say Zar'bos 5 HE name, or Invasion 27 upper mid, or BHE 17 Planet X it's hard to follow!

#3 Is just a bug that some items stop dropping if you in a party with 2-3 others, it seems to be the only mission where drops only happen for party leader. That needs to be fixed so it drops items for everyone that has the mission.

#5 Takes place on Asteroid - Omomia, I'd say it's closer to 95% he never attacks in most instances! It's a real show stopper for advancing progress in the campaign, often every single instance is bugged!

Post edited by strathkin on
  • Options
    Moondancer Trial: After bringing a lieutenant's HP down to zero it does not die and does another full rotation of its spells.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Heroic Encounter Bugs
    --------------------
    1. The heroic encounters to defend the allies will stop at half-way and will trigger nothing. Eventually people will leave.
    2. The PLANET Omomia Heroic Encounter is really an abomination. When you herd the chickens, the percentage will remain 6%. The Kuo-Tuo armies keep spawning beyond the abomination level and how do you expect people got time to herd the chicken. SUGGESTED that sometimes with a gap with NO ENEMEIES to allow to herd the chickens and then to respawn again after a gap of time with no enemies.

Items BUG
    ---------
    1. The star shimmering shirt said to provide +3% power when stamina is over 75% but instead it provides the power stat only NOT the power overall percentage. THIS IS SO WRONG and so misleading. When you said add another 3% power it means add to power to increase the percentage power rating NOT the power stat rating UNLESS you write to add 5000 or 7500 power like the same for the shirt then only it is ACCEPTABLE.
  • Options
    Update:
    Planet Zarbos Herd the Hamster Heroic Encounter also bugged same as planet Omomia to herd the chickens. Everything will be static 6% no matter how much hamsters you have herded and the enemies spawm like CRAZY non-stop. How do you expect we got time to fight the Illithiads and to herd the hamsters AT THE SAME TIME!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    wigdahlwigdahl Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2023
    When trying to complete Flip-a-coin, the drunken squid coins do not drop. Killed all the first mates on the Drunken Squid several time and no coins. Without this being fixed I will not be able to complete next week,
  • Options
    kayasilla#3702 kayasilla Member Posts: 2 New User
    Quest Bug
    ---------
    Unable to find the next quest for Light of Xaryxis; last quest completed was Strings of Tranquility. This happened after weekly reset, so it's not related to weekly cap. Please fix so we can continue the campaign!
    (Submitted a ticket and they said they have reports of other players also being affected but that I should also submit a bug report here.)
  • Options
    anna#4890 anna Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    Pulsar Helmet does not reapply its stacks if you die and resurrect during the Moondancer trial. If you die on the Moondancer, you have to wait until the cutscene to go to the enemy ship plays, at which point you may get stacks again. If you die on the enemy ship, then you are w/o stacks until the battle is over. Please make death take you out of forced-combat state, so that resurrection can re-add you to combat and stacks can reappy properly.
  • Options
    mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited November 2023
    I need to test again, but I'm pretty sure the new belt item does not award 15% bonus currency when you claim heroic encounter rewards.
    The belt item from Narbondellyn does give extra currency for heroic encounters.
    It works when completing quests.

I will test again to make sure...

Confirmed. Two big heroic encounters both gave me 20 doubloons, one with and one without the symthetic astral seed.

[20:53][Inventory Notify]You received 20 Wildspace Doubloon
    [20:53][Inventory Notify]You received 20 Seal of the Spider God
    [20:53][Inventory Notify]You received 500 Refinement Points
    [20:54][System Notify]You have unequipped Synthetic Astral See
    [20:54][Inventory Notify]You received 20 Wildspace Doubloon
    [20:54][Inventory Notify]You received 20 Seal of the Spider God
    [20:54][Inventory Notify]You received 500 Refinement Points

Post edited by mintmark on
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Yea and I've noticed that some Dungeons like Infernal Citadel are still awarding Seal of the North for defeating 1st, 2nd, or 3rd Boss!
    ╘ That was even as recently as of Nov 15th; which is a week after Launch last Tuesday.

I also realize it's also likely not the only Dungeon, that's is still doing that too, though most are awarding Adventurers!

----- +++ ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I've also added a few more Details, to other BUGs I've listed in my (post above) Nov 9th, which has listed several issues addition details to expand on the 5 bullet points.
  • Options
    The 'Miniature Neutron Core' which should only be available in the Master version of the trial, does drop in the Advanced Version now.
  • Options
    dangerousdqqdangerousdqq Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    should my bug report relating to boon point retraining be posted here? Link just incase.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1267786/new-boon-point-system-points-allocation-bug
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    As several others have said in various threads, the last patch went overboard in the Xaryxian Armada requirement for Buzzjewels.
    ╘ Now you can empty all chests 2x or more, even defeat several Commander's and you lucky at best to maybe earn 14-21%.

While I think this needs to be reduced a little bit, I mean people will likely still do more than 4-5 invasions; yet this likely requires as much as 8-9 possibly. This will depend how many Commander give not 5, 10, or 20 Buzzjewels during your fights. Still this can often take you up to an hour and a half doing just Invasions, and while it's true many will run many more over a week; people want to see their weekly haul complete on various characters.

I'll be the first to admit on Launch they made it clearly progress way too quickly, yet now it's just a bit too much; this should really only require 3 invasions on average. Given that alone could take +45 minutes, so then let people decide once they done weekly haul if they want to do more for extra currency!

*sigh*
  • Options
    alistairetheblu#7442 alistairetheblu Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2023
    strathkin said:

As several others have said in various threads, the last patch went overboard in the Xaryxian Armada requirement for Buzzjewels.

Yeah, as it stands now there's no way this quest is as efficient as just doing a few repeatable minor quests, so this weekly (in its current state) might as well not exist...or as some shouts I've seen, "it's more of a monthly now."

edit: also just wanna say, this 1 messup has changed the entire feel of zone chat, making you guys look bad. you need to fix this asap or at the very least announce a fix, fast.
    Post edited by alistairetheblu#7442 on
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Well at least (most) issues are now fixed with all the bugged Heroic's, still this is something that likely should be addressed...

Aragon posted this "issue" in a Video a while ago. So it seems the weapons miss the +200 dmg by intention. Maybe the Devs want to force people doing the Master Trial. I don't care since I will never reach the Item level they asked for.

Seems the new 2500 Item-Level Trial Weapons as talked about in several area's are:
    ╘ missing the +235 Damage buff that should accommodate them, +Damage on Offhand!

NOTE: The 2700 +1 Trial Weapons have a +250 Damage Buff and their offhands have a buff too! Just here the normal ones are completely missing them entirely.

Even Stormforged Weapons at 2000 Item-Level have a +200 Damage Buff on Main Hand, & even some offhands give +100 Damage Buff on for Ranger, or Rogue at least. :'(

*sigh*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    NOTE: Just really wish they'd show the Planet, Asteroid, or Map you're on, along with the instance; currently it only identifies difference instance, not the area of map or planet your on. :-1:
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    It seems now most of the Heroic Encounter's are working which is nice. :+1:
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,224 Arc User
    edited November 2023
    The quest line quest "Desperate Times" is missing the quest path. The quest indicator is red.

No dot on the ground.

At least, the write up gave me a clue to go to Gabion.

There is nothing in the map showing there is a quest activity.

When I am in Gabion, the quest path shows up.

The indicator in the quest journal is also changed to 'normal'.

*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    blooddraugr#7582 blooddraugr Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi! I'm posting this here because customer support said to make a bug report on the forum, but the system is listing me as "new user" for some reason, despite my having a Neverwinter account for years, and is not allowing me to create a new thread. So, I figured, since I can reply to threads at least, I would post the report here since the issue has happened to me post-Spelljammer launch.

Basically, after finally obtaining enough Astral Diamonds to nab the Metallic Ancestry Dragonborn sigil off the Auction House, and using a race-change token on my regular Dragonborn wizard to change her into a Metallic one, it broke her head cosmetic. The Helm of the Hollow works flawlessly on the baseline Chromatic Dragonborn, but it apparently it disappears entirely on the Metallic Dragonborn despite them sharing the same character model. It was a bummer to put so much into acquiring a premium version of my character's race only to have it be broken (an asides, it also does not seem possible to change your Metallic DB's skin tone outside of selecting a different preset entirely, which also seems like a bug).
  • Options
    king0101#3476 king0101 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Why is the que time for defense of moondancer always n/a and it don't never pop? This is getting ridiculous the wait on all ques in general.!!! Fix this devs.....
  • Options
    This is for the master and advanc!!!!
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,224 Arc User

Why is the que time for defense of moondancer always n/a and it don't never pop? This is getting ridiculous the wait on all ques in general.!!! Fix this devs.....

Simple. If the queue time is long, it is because nobody is queuing. People form their own party and go to do that in private. There is nothing for dev to fix because dev cannot force people to do public queue.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    Simple. That has nothing to do with it then if that's case Mr smarty pants then why is doing the same for randoms ppl pug those so that's not an excuse why u got to b such a smart a** I asked the deca not u.
  • Options
    > @plasticbat said:
    > Simple. If the queue time is long, it is because nobody is queuing. People form their own party and go to do that in private. There is nothing for dev to fix because dev cannot force people to do public queue.

Simple that has nothing to do with it smarty pants I asked the devs not u bc it does the same with randoms and ppl pug those so I know u trippin.