test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

60-slot Bag in Wondrous Bazaar!

bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 120 Arc User
edited December 2022 in General Discussion (PC)
Why would anyone buy a 60-slot bag for 1M AD (750k with R12 VIP)?

Sure the ZAX is backed up and it takes roughly 260 days to get your zen, but even without a coupon one can get 2 bags for 750k (750k AD = 1k Zen = 2 bags @500 Z each)

After looking at the Auction House and doing some basic math, it seems that these bags on the Wondrous Bazaar should be priced about half of what they are.

I was all prepared to drop AD on a 60 slot bag, but I am not a person who has more AD than sense.

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited December 2022

Why would anyone buy a 60-slot bag for 1M AD (750k with R12 VIP)?

Sure the ZAX is backed up and it takes roughly 260 days to get your zen, but even without a coupon one can get 2 bags for 750k (750k AD = 1k Zen = 2 bags @500 Z each)

After looking at the Auction House and doing some basic math, it seems that these bags on the Wondrous Bazaar should be priced about half of what they are.

I was all prepared to drop AD on a 60 slot bag, but I am not a person who has more AD than sense.

You should buy that from AH because it is from those who bought from Zen store + mark up. And, you should pay a little more for the 72 slot bags. 60 and 72 are both mythic color but different icon.

AH is always cheaper than WB because of VIP discount + WB discount (people bought stuff to re-sell later). Zen store price makes that bag even cheaper in AH. And the new 72 slot should push it even further down in AH.

Of course, Cryptic wants you to spend Zen instead of AD. This gives it more incentive to go the Zen way.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    Oh I know, I was looking at the AH when I made the post. As of now the cheapest 60 slot bag on the AH is 438k... which is less than 1/2 what that same bag would cost from the WB without the VIP discount...

Hence my initial question: WHY?
  • Options
    edited December 2022

Oh I know, I was looking at the AH when I made the post. As of now the cheapest 60 slot bag on the AH is 438k... which is less than 1/2 what that same bag would cost from the WB without the VIP discount...

Hence my initial question: WHY?

Because people buys the bag from Zen store using Zen and then re-sell it to AH. There is a profit margin and 'competition' among resellers. The new 72 slot bag will push the price even further down. i.e. some want to clear their inventory when the price of 60 slot bag is still 'high'.
    Note that most of those posts in AH are posted after the patch. i.e. fire sale to cut lose (for those who bought from WB for re-sell).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    I think we're having a bit of miscommunication.

I understand that the AH is the best place to buy a bag, I was more commenting on this announcement https://www.playneverwinter.com/en/news-details/11532143 which states there is a once-per-account 60 slot bag available on the WB... But it's at a base price of 1M AD, which is insane when compared with any other method for obtaining the same bag. You can't even get 60 slot bags from the Zen store anymore, so that same 750k worth of Zen would get you 2 72-slot bags...

I'm mostly curious about the logic behind that 1,000,000 AD price point, and assuming there isn't any. I mean, if it's intended as an AD sink, wouldn't make more sense for the list price to be an amount people might actually pay?
  • Options

I think we're having a bit of miscommunication.

I understand that the AH is the best place to buy a bag, I was more commenting on this announcement https://www.playneverwinter.com/en/news-details/11532143 which states there is a once-per-account 60 slot bag available on the WB... But it's at a base price of 1M AD, which is insane when compared with any other method for obtaining the same bag. You can't even get 60 slot bags from the Zen store anymore, so that same 750k worth of Zen would get you 2 72-slot bags...

I'm mostly curious about the logic behind that 1,000,000 AD price point, and assuming there isn't any.

It is their left hand does not know what their right hand is doing.
  • Options
    ksellksell Member Posts: 181 Arc User

I'm mostly curious about the logic behind that 1,000,000 AD price point, and assuming there isn't any. I mean, if it's intended as an AD sink, wouldn't make more sense for the list price to be an amount people might actually pay?

compared to one time lion mount for 2kk this "promotion" is bad joke

• Options
    kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    Many people do not choose to wait 260+ days to convert their AD into Zen.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    kharkov58 said:

Many people do not choose to wait 260+ days to convert their AD into Zen.

Yes but they should also not buy it from WB since buying from AH is cheaper than the one time promotion price.
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    Whoever decided on that amount in WB obviously didn't do their research.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    Just disappointed it won't be a decent AD sink, and make the zen line move a little faster possibly. The 60 slot bag is well under 400k on auction house, so even with VIP discount(750k), i dont see many spending AD on the bazaar. Unless they've never heard of the auction house.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    stark760 said:

Just disappointed it won't be a decent AD sink, and make the zen line move a little faster possibly. The 60 slot bag is well under 400k on auction house, so even with VIP discount(750k), i dont see many spending AD on the bazaar. Unless they've never heard of the auction house.

The problem also includes they forgot other promotions.
    1. recent VIP 50% discount for the same bag in Zen store. 250 Zen for that bag.
    2. current new 72 slot bag for the same price as 60 slot bag in Zen store before.

Some bought (1) for re-sell.
    (2) forces (1) to fire sale. Both push down the price in AH further.

On the other hand, may be they are smart but pretend to be dumb. What they really want to promote is not the WB 60 slot bag but the new 72 slot Bag in Zen store. The 72 slot bag in Zen store suddenly looks much better in comparison. 72 slot bag gives them money. WB 60 slot bag does not.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
  • Options
    hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    stark760 said:

Sadly, neither this bag with 1 mil price tag, neither Eclipse Lion with 3 mil AD tag where AD sink.

If you want AD sink, you need a service which would take part of your AD constantly, like every week or so you pay for x service via AD. Then it would be AD sink.

The Auction House's fee, which takes away 10% of your earned AD, that's constant sink. Which remove AD from game.
    Astral lockbox some would consider as AD sink. Meh, it's more like a joke then a sink.

As long you can sell them via AH, it will not work as AD sink.

Also if someone thing this 1 mil price tag for Bag is a lot, then I am sorry.
    1 mil = 10 days of daily ( trial/dungeon/skirmish) runs, which players do them anyways.

========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • Options
    stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User

stark760 said:

Sadly, neither this bag with 1 mil price tag, neither Eclipse Lion with 3 mil AD tag where AD sink.

If you want AD sink, you need a service which would take part of your AD constantly, like every week or so you pay for x service via AD. Then it would be AD sink.

The Auction House's fee, which takes away 10% of your earned AD, that's constant sink. Which remove AD from game.
    Astral lockbox some would consider as AD sink. Meh, it's more like a joke then a sink.

As long you can sell them via AH, it will not work as AD sink.

Also if someone thing this 1 mil price tag for Bag is a lot, then I am sorry.
    1 mil = 10 days of daily ( trial/dungeon/skirmish) runs, which players do them anyways.

No one is saying it's a lot. You agree or defend anything people say is not working in the game. As usual. The reason isn't that the bag is expensive at 1 mil AD. The reason it doesn't work is that the bag was on sale(and the zen price has dropped over the last year from 1500 zen for a 42 slot bag, for a bigger bag at 1/3 the price before discount) and is cheaper on the AH, so there won't be many purchased on the bazaar, but go ahead and say otherwise. If not in line with the prices on the AH, what's the point of listing it on the bazaar? Do tell.
  • Options
    hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    edited December 2022
    stark760 said:

No one is saying it's a lot. You agree or defend anything people say is not working in the game. As usual. The reason isn't that the bag is expensive at 1 mil AD. The reason it doesn't work is that the bag was on sale(and the zen price has dropped over the last year from 1500 zen for a 42 slot bag, for a bigger bag at 1/3 the price before discount) and is cheaper on the AH, so there won't be many purchased on the bazaar, but go ahead and say otherwise. If not in line with the prices on the AH, what's the point of listing it on the bazaar? Do tell.

I netiher agree or defend either players or staff. I am just saying how it is when you look from side.
    Put that in mind.

Now the reason why staff listed bag in Wondrous Bazaar, I can guess that staff simply wanted to create alternatyve way to get item which players got with ZEN.
    Sadly, staff didnt look to situation in AH.

This is one of old issues of this game. Staffs poor understanding of game economy and it's situation.
    Also I can bet they where unaware that some would buy in ZEN store and sell same items via AH.

Now question for you. Is it bad they added this bag in Wondrous bazar?
    Personall I think it do make no harm. It's up for players to decide do he want to buy it or not. And if he can get same item cheaper then he get cheaper..

What a waste is to bring complain about which make no harm.
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • Options
    ksellksell Member Posts: 181 Arc User

Now question for you. Is it bad they added this bag in Wondrous bazar?
    Personall I think it do make no harm. It's up for players to decide do he want to buy it or not

I would say this seems bad as its temporary, and propablly would be recived as somethin meaningfull for vurnerable groups of players. So as it is now and might come back in future this decision is to say at least, badly executed