test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Glyph of Potency - Too much expensive in event store.

I just did the event, and I couldn't help but notice that in the shop the glyph of potency is worth 10 tokens. The box of 50,000 Astral Diamonds is worth 4 tokens. But in Wondrous Bazaar the glyph of potency is worth 50000 Astral Diamonds. If I needed the glyph of potency, I would buy the box of 50000 Astral Diamonds and with that I would buy the glyph of potency in the Wondrous Bazaar. Not to mention that in the Tarmalune Trade House the glyph of potency is offered for 40000 Astral Diamonds.
It seems to me a very ugly move to make a player who does not have this information spend more than double the tokens.

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,211 Arc User
    edited December 2022
    In reality, it is not just 50K rough AD. It is 75K rough AD if you have AD bonus.
    For those who have VIP, GoP is 37.5K AD in Wondrous Bazaar. Even less during Wondrous Bazaar sale.

One can argue that what you got from the box is rough AD. You would not get those become AD to spend until after the existing big amount of rough AD queued up in ones pipeline be refined 100K per day.

I personally have a month of rough AD to be refined and I do not even do RQ. For those who do RQ, they could have more in the rough AD refinement queue. I am not saying I would buy GoP from the appointment vendor.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Buy from Sybella.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • fritz#8093 fritz Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    edited December 2022
    I guess the the Glyphs in the event store is just to add some variety in case you cannot utilize the RADs, because the math only checks out if you can indeed refine the ADs. I currently have 5kk+ RADs lying around on all of my toons meaning I could not be doing anything for 50 days and still not run out of diamonds to refine. It just doesn't make sense to buy these coffers for me. Not that Glyphs would be my pick in that case, but you cannot compare values like that.

The best way to farm Glyphs is indeed Legacy Campaigns though. I have 15-20 toons in the 60-65k range that I pick Legacy Quests up with. I usually go ahead and farm the easier ones (kill for most campaigns, questing for some, heroics only if they are up, easy, and fast). I'm usually getting 3-6 Glyphs per week with very minimal effort. It's not loads but more than enough to always have the Glyphs you need if you want to refine something or want to make some quick ADs using the bound Glyphs and Coals from praying.
    edited December 2022
    Yes, I also get my GoP from Sybella. I more or less only run the campaign that is in 2x promotion to n dips (more than double dip). Since I usually don't do the Sybella until 2x, it usually has 3 Sybella quests waiting for my 9 toons. Doing HE (a Sybella quest) gives kills (another Sybella quest) and usually one of 5 quests (the 3rd Sybella quest). Doing quest also gives kills. Then, it also double the campaign currency which usually can be exchanged to rAD and whatever.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    There are lots of bad values in venders. Reaper sells ~85,000ad greater shard for 1 token, and ~10ad normal shard for 1 token. Tough call! 🤣

Rank 6 enchanting stone costs are all over the place in different venders. From the most expensive item, to the lowest cost item 🤦‍♂️
    Well, different supermarkets which are all owned by the same cooperation offer different price for the same item.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited December 2022

Well, different supermarkets which are all owned by the same cooperation offer different price for the same item.

Still I don't think 4 days (2 each day possibly 3 if you do extra round) is a bad deal either!

First 14 days is 42, then you earn (2) each day for last 7, is 14 more, so that's still 56/10 is 5 over the course of the event (once per account) so still quite good! If it was 8 instead of 10 you'd earn 7 Glyph's... ...clearly they think that's a bit too much, though with Sybella you can earn 1 every week, yet that's per toon you do it on so the Event clearly isn't that bad to boost it either!

So you can only be 'wise' to make the best choice you can available with what you have.

----
    So I kind of agree with @plasticbat there, you can only make the best choice available best on what's offered. If it's not a good deal, then get the item that is more worthy of that choice, or the 'best' value. :+1:
  • jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    I never even noticed Sybl had a store until recently, I always wondered what the stuff she gave was good for and only ran over there when RD was suppose to pop in a minute. Not knowing made the 8 glyphs I got feel free. Those mass scrolls of life we just got was nice. Ty NeverWinter!