test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Harvesters nightmare

jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 594 Arc User
We were playing in the third nightmare , got rid of one dragon and no one was having an effect on the one left. We finally abandoned the quest which has never happened in the Harvester's Nightmare before. This is a lousy time for it to get a bug after weeks of playing everyday, and why is there no bonus rounds, that is just lousy too. Please fix and or extend this event so it won't have been a waste of time . ty

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited December 2022
    Can you just re-take the quest and do that again?
    It does not have bonus round because only the 2nd week has bonus round.
    Each week has different 'format'. In the 3rd week, it is not an 'optional' bonus round. That round is not optional anymore.
    If you consider the high prize of this event is 'Token of Achievement', you got it from the 14th completion. The last 7 days are 'optional'.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 594 Arc User
    Thank you I did take it again and it worked for everyone that time, I thought the DEVs should be aware of it however. The description of HN made it sound like you could get more challenge tokens in optional rounds, it said up to 7, why do they have things that cost 5 tokens of achievements if you can only get one? Just curious I want the coalescent mote anyway. TY for answering. The challenge tokens are the best to me.
    edited December 2022
    jana#2651 said:

Thank you I did take it again and it worked for everyone that time, I thought the DEVs should be aware of it however. The description of HN made it sound like you could get more challenge tokens in optional rounds, it said up to 7, why do they have things that cost 5 tokens of achievements if you can only get one? Just curious I want the coalescent mote anyway. TY for answering. The challenge tokens are the best to me.

It never said it is the optional round gives you token of challenge. You need to read it again.
    It is in the last 7 days (the 3rd tier), if you complete the quest, you get one token of challenge each day. Hence, 7 token of challenge.

First week is first tier. 2nd week is 2nd tier. 3rd week is 3rd tier.

You need 5 token of achievement from 5 "appointment" events. Each event only gives you one. This is one of the 5 events. If they provide an appointment event every 3 months, it will take more than a year.

The item from 'Achievement' most people seek are account wide stuff. Both Bag and c-mote can be easily obtained from somewhere else.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    edited December 2022
    I've noticed some bugs with this event, the cut scenes are repeated when they should not be... it's the same 'victim' over and over when you are supposed to have 'saved' them each stage and move to a new one but for each queue instance, you only get the one character in bed over and over again instead of varied, also we are getting double boss characters at the same time, like 2X arcturia 2X master of the hunt 2X the same dragon, this has never happened before, you're supposed to have two bosses yea, but not the same one doubled.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • rheylinsark#1888 rheylinsark Member Posts: 54 Arc User

also we are getting double boss characters at the same time, like 2X arcturia 2X master of the hunt 2X the same dragon, this has never happened before, you're supposed to have two bosses yea, but not the same one doubled.

There have been double duplicate bosses in this event since as far back as October 2020, evidenced by discussions on the topic here and elsewhere. It used to result in players asking how to beat 2X Master of the Hunt, as they heal each other. (Answer: Tank keeps one Master busy on the opposite side of the arena while the 3 DPS beat down the other one). But it's nowhere near as difficult as it used to be since players have, in general, become overpowered in relation to the difficulty of the event.

• rheylinsark#1888 rheylinsark Member Posts: 54 Arc User

jana#2651 said:

It never said it is the optional round gives you token of challenge. You need to read it again.
    It is in the last 7 days (the 3rd tier), if you complete the quest, you get one token of challenge each day. Hence, 7 token of challenge.

To clarify further, the reason it says "up to 7" challenge tokens is because it's not until you reach 14 days of completion that you can start earning the Token of Challenge. You can view how many days you have completed by bringing up the event details from the splash banner on the Home Page or via the calendar entry.

Let's say you missed 2 days during the first 14 days of the event. On the day the 3rd actual week of the 21-day event starts, you will have earned only 12 days of completion, so you will not be eligible to earn a Token of Challenge yet. After you reach 14 days of completion in this scenario, there are only 5 days left in the event, so you will only have the ability to earn a total of 5 Tokens of Challenge.
    edited December 2022

To clarify further, the reason it says "up to 7" challenge tokens is because it's not until you reach 14 days of completion that you can start earning the Token of Challenge. You can view how many days you have completed by bringing up the event details from the splash banner on the Home Page or via the calendar entry.

Let's say you missed 2 days during the first 14 days of the event. On the day the 3rd actual week of the 21-day event starts, you will have earned only 12 days of completion, so you will not be eligible to earn a Token of Challenge yet. After you reach 14 days of completion in this scenario, there are only 5 days left in the event, so you will only have the ability to earn a total of 5 Tokens of Challenge.
    In addition, if you look from opposite angle, there are 22 'game calendar days'. It is capped to 21 challenges.
    i.e. there are 22 opportunities (22 days) to do the challenge but it is capped to 21.
    There 8 opportunities (8 days) to get token of Challenge but you are capped to 7.
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User

also we are getting double boss characters at the same time, like 2X arcturia 2X master of the hunt 2X the same dragon, this has never happened before, you're supposed to have two bosses yea, but not the same one doubled.

There have been double duplicate bosses in this event since as far back as October 2020, evidenced by discussions on the topic here and elsewhere. It used to result in players asking how to beat 2X Master of the Hunt, as they heal each other. (Answer: Tank keeps one Master busy on the opposite side of the arena while the 3 DPS beat down the other one). But it's nowhere near as difficult as it used to be since players have, in general, become overpowered in relation to the difficulty of the event.

OK, this was the first year of doing it that I ever saw them doubled.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.