test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

overpenetration: a simplified "rework"

newversaillesnewversailles Member Posts: 25 Arc User
edited November 2022 in Player Feedback (PC)

i also don't understand why this should be a level 16 barbarian choice, unless level 16 barbarians should have power and accuracy ratings capped at that level
Post edited by newversailles on

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    edited November 2022

i also don't understand why this should be a level 16 barbarian choice, unless level 16 barbarians should have power and accuracy ratings capped at that level

Last time I checked, you need both power and accuracy rating match or higher than your item level to get 5% more damage. It has nothing to do with percent. 'Rating' means the number side of the stat. The max of 'rating' (in 'rating contribution') gives you is 50%. i.e. when your stat number is higher or equal to your item level.

Although the feat is opened in level 16, it has nothing to do with level 16. You don't have to set anything in level 16. I usually do not set up any feat until after I max out AND know what exactly I want for the 'overall' picture. Otherwise, I will need to spend retraining token to retrain it later.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • newversaillesnewversailles Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2022

Last time I checked, you need both power and accuracy rating match or higher than your item level to get 5% more damage. It has nothing to do with percent. 'Rating' means the number side of the stat. The max of 'rating' (in 'rating contribution') gives you is 50%. i.e. when your stat number is higher or equal to your item level.

Although the feat is opened in level 16, it has nothing to do with level 16. You don't have to set anything in level 16. I usually do not set up any feat until after I max out AND know what exactly I want for the 'overall' picture. Otherwise, I will need to spend retraining token to retrain it later.
    maybe i was not clear enough with my title. simplified as in: how i wish it was simplified as. title edited
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    If they wanted things simple, they wouldn't have done the combat rework.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • mignon#7663 mignon Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    A few things needs to change with this feat:
    1. Name - How does Overpenetration relate to Power/Accuracy Ratings capped?
    2. Requirements - Why does Barbarians have to suffer special conditions?
    3. Functionality - 5% Buff which only affects At-Wills/Encounters/Dailies?

Barbarians are already handicapped by having 10% Crit Sev only while Unstoppable/Battlerage. Other classes have free extra stats like Fighter, 10% CA and class feature that gives 10% Crit Strike. Warlocks have 10% free Crit Sev. Thaumaturge Wizards can have up to 20% crit sev with a class feature and a feat...
    i don't understand why cryptic doesn't reply to those posts. i saw many more about overpenetration and how it's bad. and as far as we know they announced the next thing they're gonna rework is paladin heals. i don't want to reroll wizard, so i'll start playing actively when they fix barbarians i guess

i don't understand why cryptic doesn't reply to those posts. i saw many more about overpenetration and how it's bad. and as far as we know they announced the next thing they're gonna rework is paladin heals. i don't want to reroll wizard, so i'll start playing actively when they fix barbarians i guess

Why would they? There is no 'right' answer they can provide unless they happen to be 'on it'. The only thing they may answer is the 'standard one: these information will be passed to the team, thank you, etc.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

Why would they? There is no 'right' answer they can provide unless they happen to be 'on it'. The only thing they may answer is the 'standard one: these information will be passed to the team, thank you, etc.
    i thought this was "player feedback", not "player feedback on things the devs are already working on"
    edited December 2022

i thought this was "player feedback", not "player feedback on things the devs are already working on"
    Yes, exactly. "player feedback". Not "devs feedback". Why would they reply?
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    The devs rarely reply to anything. And never really give a straight answer.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    Currently there is a big problem with this feat and it is in what the meta of the game has been asking for the end game and the name of this problem is called Tamed Velociraptor. It is impossible to reach power cap without losing a lot of % of it, even ignoring the box and boons. An urgent change is needed in this feat!

Currently there is a big problem with this feat and it is in what the meta of the game has been asking for the end game and the name of this problem is called Tamed Velociraptor. It is impossible to reach power cap without losing a lot of % of it, even ignoring the box and boons. An urgent change is needed in this feat!

absolutely. i have tried and succeeded in an overpenetration build just by using gloves of precipitation and prime rib SH food. but the amount of stat waste is absolutely not worth it. i don't know why devs keep ignoring barbarian design issues
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    My suggestion would be that Power be replaced by Critical Strike, since Critical Severity is not an option due to the skill that already delivers 10% of this attribute during Rage (which is another problem for me =) ).

My suggestion would be that Power be replaced by Critical Strike, since Critical Severity is not an option due to the skill that already delivers 10% of this attribute during Rage (which is another problem for me =) ).

it should give 10% more damage, as it only buffs your class attacks (not mount or artifact) and requires an absurd condition to be met. but i'd be fine even 5% if the condition was just "reach 75-90% power" and not just cap rating, which nobody is doing in raptor builds