test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rotting Bulettes Quest With Lack Of Bulettes To Kill

deadmano#4272 deadmano Member Posts: 73 Arc User
edited December 2022 in Player Feedback (PC)
PLEASE can this quest be adjusted to either require 6 bulettes, the groups balanced equally between Myconid to Bulettes, OR the respawn time reduced to 15 seconds? Currently it is making the new zone really frustrating to cap the weekly haul because Rumpadump does not give you a new set of quests until BOTH the Myconid AND Bulette quests are done in tandem. This took my joy of the zone from a straight 8 to a solid 2 due to the fact that it reminds me of Sharandar with the AFK camping of mobs, or the Ice Giants in Icespire Peak before its fix if some of you recall. It is not a fun experience if you have to run around the map hunting down non-existent groups of mobs (since others are also doing the quests), and when you finally come across a group they have 1-2 bulettes in them. And server-hopping should not be a requirement to complete a simple kill quest.

Everything else about this zone works beautifully; the weeklies are easy enough to do, solo or in a group, the variety is there, the heroics are fun with new mechanics, not to mention all the eye-candy! The gear and chase items are worth the time, the companion gear is not hard to get and easily accessible to all... Everything just flows smoothly! But this one quest, that can't even be skipped... #FreeTheBulettes

Visual aid: https://clips.twitch.tv/CrackyEndearingGuanacoHeyGirl-w0NOOqjkxCGQioWG

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited December 2022
    That quest can be skipped or better word 'delayed' as not actively doing it. After finishing the weekly quests, you only need few 'regular' quests to fulfil weekly quota. That can be completed by the quests in the other two zones. In addition, there is an HE that has bulettes.

Anyway, I do that for 9 toons. Yes, the bulettes may be a bit more painful than others but I don't actively try to get that done. No server hopping require.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    deadmano#4272 deadmano Member Posts: 73 Arc User

That quest can be skipped or better word 'delayed' as not actively doing it. After finishing the weekly quests, you only need few 'regular' quests to fulfil weekly quota. That can be completed by the quests in the other two zones. In addition, there is an HE that has bulettes.

Anyway, I do that for 9 toons. Yes, the bulettes may be a bit more painful than others but I don't actively try to get that done. No server hopping require.

Yup, there are two Heroics near the area that count, but that is RNG on whether or not they are up (one is part of an active train route so you have to hope you're not on an instance doing a train), the other has a chance to bug out and not have the final enemies spawn so it gets stuck indefinitely, and then of course there's the issue with the respawn time especially if no one else is doing heroics. The heroics again have a larger spread in favour of myconids than bulettes. The other two zone quests take longer, especially if on a support character if you compare it to the Bulette/Myconid pairing which is 10 currency per trip. There's just way too much RNG going on for a simple kill quest. The fact that you can get lucky and get 4-5 bulettes from a single group? Not a big fan of sitting around waiting or running around for nothing, so may just end up doing the other area in the weeks coming up.

I still feel the progression would go a whole lot smoother if the Bulettes were adjusted as per my initial post.
  • Options
    fritz#8093 fritz Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    It's not even the worst. At 300 progress three quests (one per area) get added that require you to kill even more specific mobs per area. The most "joyful" one is finding six Driders when there's only one guaranteed spawn point (there might be a couple more, but not guaranteed). So you really need to camp the spot to kill your six Driders. In reality you'll join a train and kill a Drider every round (if you're lucky and nobody else did), but it's still a mess compared to other quests. Because if you really only need quest completions and run into one of those that are considerably longer it's a pain.

I had the same complaint in Dragonbone Vale where quest length was imbalanced as well, but nothing was ever done although the flaw was, and is, still obvious and probably an easy fix. But you know, whetever keeps players occupied, as dull as it may be, is probably a plus no matter what.
  • Options
    edited December 2022

It's not even the worst. At 300 progress three quests (one per area) get added that require you to kill even more specific mobs per area. The most "joyful" one is finding six Driders when there's only one guaranteed spawn point (there might be a couple more, but not guaranteed). So you really need to camp the spot to kill your six Driders. In reality you'll join a train and kill a Drider every round (if you're lucky and nobody else did), but it's still a mess compared to other quests. Because if you really only need quest completions and run into one of those that are considerably longer it's a pain.

I had the same complaint in Dragonbone Vale where quest length was imbalanced as well, but nothing was ever done although the flaw was, and is, still obvious and probably an easy fix. But you know, whetever keeps players occupied, as dull as it may be, is probably a plus no matter what.

Yes, Driders is the worst so far and by far. bulettes is not within the same magnitude.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 407 Arc User
    Yesterday I killed a group that was entirely small bulettes. Jackpot! =)
  • Options
    ksellksell Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    This is a design flaw that started with barovia. This 3x2 quest rotation is plainly stupid. How one can benefit more from this than old type stackin ones - especially when all two quest need to be finished to get another two. How im supposed to save time - make more progress - if im constantly have to go back and forth ??
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    It isn't about saving time. Never has been.

It's about playing the game as presented.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    ksell said:

This is a design flaw that started with barovia. This 3x2 quest rotation is plainly stupid. How one can benefit more from this than old type stackin ones - especially when all two quest need to be finished to get another two. How im supposed to save time - make more progress - if im constantly have to go back and forth ??

As said, the game is not designed to save your time. It is you to figure out how to save time for personal reason/situation. I personally do not go back and fore in both Barovia and the new area. I do that for 9 toons and I have enough practice to optimize it.
  • Options
    fritz#8093 fritz Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    Good time when you could stack quests in modules 2-5 and batch complete them, eh? :p

Devs learned their bit and made sure they keep players more occupied.
  • Options
    I doubt any of the devs from mods 2-5 are still with the company.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    ksellksell Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    still gettin double quest that lock each other is a big no no
  • Options
    They don't lock, block, or otherwise impede progress.