test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Possible Class improvements for Barbarian and Fighter. (Along with some personal suggestions)

GF (Fighter):

- Improve/increase the outgoing damage from "Brazen Slash."
- Re-add control immunity with "Earthshaker" as well as making your character bigger.
- Slightly increase radius and or range of the following; Tremor and Shield slam.
- Re-add the charges Griffons wrath used to have. (Context Griffons Wrath had 3 charges and now it doesn't, making it difficult to use the ability to full potential in content like trials and dragon hunts, Hinder shot has this from the Ranger class so it doesn't make sense to a lot of us Fighter players why Griffons Wrath isn't like this anymore.)
- Fix bug where using shield decreases movement speed. (Context: When blocking with shield a lot of times you lose 20% of your movement speed making you extremely slow.)
- Fix bug where Commander's strike cancels out the buff from the Rogue ability "Wicked Reminder."
- Momentum not increasing movement speed after 2 seconds, there is a bigger delay.

- Possibly re-add Threatening rush to Dreadnaught for Single target/PVP reasons. (Personal favorite at-will).

GWF (Barbarian)

-Increase magnitude of the following Encounter powers: "Indomitable Battle Strike, Hidden daggers, Not so fast, Axe storm."
-Increase range and animation speed of "Bounding slam"
-Increase magnitude of following at-wills: "Bounding slam, Sure strike."
-Fix bug in PVP after daily cast damage turns into 0s.
-Re-add the 3 charges to hidden daggers just as the previous suggestion with Griffons wrath.

-Possibly Re-add shield slam (Another personal suggestion.)

***These suggestions are coming from a player of both classes. These changes could greatly improve the experience of these two classes.

Comments

• privatejimmy#7757 privatejimmy Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Also, to any cryptic dev possibly reading this, These suggestions could be used for the reworks that you've been working on
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

GF (Fighter):

- Re-add the charges Griffons wrath used to have. (Context Griffons Wrath had 3 charges and now it doesn't, making it difficult to use the ability to full potential in content like trials and dragon hunts, Hinder shot has this from the Ranger class so it doesn't make sense to a lot of us Fighter players why Griffons Wrath isn't like this anymore.)

Addendum: Revert the Griffon's Wrath 3rd hit animation to be the same as the animation on the first hit .

Back in ye olde days, the 3rd hit's animation was a clone of the Griffons Wrath first hit animation (simple 0.8 sword slash animation), rather than the current lengthy leaping animation that frequently gets interrupted or gets you killed (it has a 1.5 second cast time).

Context Griffons Wrath had 3 charges and now it doesn't, making it difficult to use the ability to full potential in content like trials and dragon hunts, Hinder shot has this from the Ranger class so it doesn't make sense to a lot of us Fighter players why Griffons Wrath isn't like this anymore.

I do agree about going back to charges. However, I seriously doubt they're going to go back to the old charges due to some bugs from the past.

If you remember the old days, you could get a fourth hit of Griffons Wrath by pressing Griffon's Wrath again mid-animation during your last charge, since you still technically had one charge left during the cast animation.

The devs tried to fix it in Mod 14 ... and then accidentally gave players *infinite* Griffons Wrath hits, provided the player kept hitting the attack with the correct timing.

All of the obnoxious parts of Griffons Wrath (no charges, lengthy 3rd hit animation, cancels itself between hits if you use any other power) were deliberately designed to avoid that extra/infinite hits bug.

No more charges to trick the game into giving you more hits.
    Power automatically goes into cooldown if you do any other attack but the other Griffons hits? So you don't try to find some cancel asterdahl didn't think of.
    Overly 3rd long animation? Good luck trying to mash for extra hits if you're taking 1.5 seconds to cast your last hit.

• admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    GWF's IBS should go back to doing area damage as it was pre mod 16 like Onslaught is an area Frenzy. Maybe a buff on Roar and Not So Fast would also help. The other powers like Battle Fury and Hidden Daggers were already made not to be used because they are so pathetic.

It's basically unusable in any content where you're being hit
  • fabricjumperfabricjumper Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1261059/letter-from-a-veteran-great-weapon-fighter-to-the-developpers/p1

I have explained at length why GWF is corrupted earlier. Then I said "HAMSTER it", I made a Fighter. Then I realized why it was broken too.

Then...

I made a Trickster Rogue, my equipment wasn't even 50% BIS. I didn't even have "HAMSTER godly ring of darkness" on my finger. I was beating everyone in damage, still.

I quit the game after that.

The DEVS either don't read this or they don't care.

Or as someone above said.

This game was created to keep ranged sissys happy.

Or one of the game makers got smashed by a GWF in PVP, and his butt hurt.

Because there is no other explanation.

HAMSTER this game.
    I don't think the cited classes are in such a depressing state as described here in this thread. I think that the devs have been trying to make balances through equipment, but that most of the time it is not understood by the players. I'm going to mention the boot of the Dragon Hunters, it gives +5% damage with a penalty that reduces critical avoidance, the boot was made for GF's dps to use, the class has a bonus of this status in the fort and when using shield. But I've never had the pleasure of playing with my old friend @bombarj2010 who is probably one of the best in his class as a dps, but I've played with a few others and seen them doing really well.

About GWF, something is really missing that puts it at the level of classes that apply dot like tr, sw and hr, I think that's what makes the class perform worse than those mentioned. Maybe the return of the avalanche of steel daily power as it was pre mod 16 or a small buff in aoe powers like roar and not so fast will help, in st I think the class is already very strong. I personally would like Axestorm to apply bleed, but to use it I would have to improve the visuals of the animation which is super slow (it looks like an old man who has never played baseball pitching the ball for the first time).
    gf isnt but gwf really is

I don't think the cited classes are in such a depressing state as described here in this thread. I think that the devs have been trying to make balances through equipment, but that most of the time it is not understood by the players. I'm going to mention the boot of the Dragon Hunters, it gives +5% damage with a penalty that reduces critical avoidance, the boot was made for GF's dps to use, the class has a bonus of this status in the fort and when using shield. But I've never had the pleasure of playing with my old friend @bombarj2010 who is probably one of the best in his class as a dps, but I've played with a few others and seen them doing really well.

About GWF, something is really missing that puts it at the level of classes that apply dot like tr, sw and hr, I think that's what makes the class perform worse than those mentioned. Maybe the return of the avalanche of steel daily power as it was pre mod 16 or a small buff in aoe powers like roar and not so fast will help, in st I think the class is already very strong. I personally would like Axestorm to apply bleed, but to use it I would have to improve the visuals of the animation which is super slow (it looks like an old man who has never played baseball pitching the ball for the first time).

I think if they readd old hidden daggers/Mow down/shield slam the dps will be through the roof, gf doesnt need bleeds to be best ST so gwf shouldn't either
    btw this is coming from a nearly bis gf player

I think if they readd old hidden daggers/Mow down/shield slam the dps will be through the roof, gf doesnt need bleeds to be best ST so gwf shouldn't either
    When I mentioned bleeding, it was for GWF action and I never mentioned anything like that to GF. I think both classes have a lot of ST damage, but are weak in AOE.When I mentioned bleeding, it was for GWF action and I never mentioned anything like that to GF. I think both classes have a lot of ST damage, but are weak in AOE.