test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestion for Reviving the Well of Dragons

caldochaud#4880 caldochaud Member Posts: 213 Arc User
edited November 2022 in Player Feedback (PC)
I couldn't help but notice that the Well of Dragons has been pretty empty lately. This could very well be on account of our losing Wickid.

(Love you, bro!)

In any case, it's just not the same. However, I have an idea.

I recently discovered the old Ravenloft game on gog.com... and it's Egyptian-themed sequel Ravenloft: The Stone Prophet.

What if that lone vampire in the Well of Dragons becomes the primary mission giver for a re-occurring in-game event based on The Stone Prophet, featuring Egyptian-themed rewards including an Epic Mummy Lord companion, Egyptian chariot mount pulled by skeleton steeds, and armor and weapon transmutes?

As for Wickid's NPC, he could become the event reward-giver during the event.

Just a thought.
"Talent is a flame. Genius is a fire." - Sir Bernard Williams

Comments

• ksellksell Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    There is one particular improvement to be done there : make Dragon runs time gated again ;
    the random bull is confusin - how im supossed to finish SH quests now ?
    If one run per hour was to litlle u could let it trigger every half or quarter again, instead of what we have now.

Also repetable lairs should be things again - just member to adjust end chest.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    I find there is little reason to visit the Well anymore. Well of Dragons Support for the Stronghold doesn't do/pay out enough to bother heading there.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • fritz#8093 fritz Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    Main issues is that it's only a hub for the adventure now and doesn't offer any meaningful rewards. It hasn't that much to do with WiCKiD (rip mate), and more to do with Dragons no longer offering ADs (coffers are now obsolete, and they sold thanks to being able to "buy out" the campaign boons that way. I don't think there's a quick solution atm. Reviving an area is only worth as part of a bigger module update that ties into the storyline. I doubt the devs create an unique reward / quest system just to get more players into a specific zone.
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    Cryptic worked hard to kill this zone,why would they want to revive it now?
  • ksellksell Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    cryptic tend to reverse changes in some way to call it new feature, so there is a space to work with; also it would be nice to have lesser scrolls/potions accesable not only on AH