test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Harvester of Nightmares "solo" mode

In the current even harvester nightmare, it take too long time to find players. It would be better to have a solo option, to not wait so long, like confronting Bell in Vallenhas. Or like the past even Hell´s Pit.

Comments

• callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    If you make the queue Private you can do it solo [from memory] I used to run it solo when it first was released.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,215 Arc User
    edited November 2022
    You can solo. I solo in the first run this year (i.e. it still works this year). You just need to make the queue 'private'. You can enter only yourself, 1 partner, 2 partner, .... By the way, most are doing private queue (not necessary solo). Hence, you had problem to do public queue.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

• I think it's hard for the system to build a group of players, because most of them are DPS, there are fewer tanks, and very few healers. The event calls for parties of 3 dps, a tank, and a healer. The role of healer, in this event is not so important. Maybe you could change the requirements so that groups can include 4 dps and a tank, and if there are not enough tanks, and the game takes too long to build the group, with 5 dps.
  • Well, it can be done with fewer participants. I did not know, I did not know it. One question: Is the level and number of enemies adjusted by the number and level of participants?

I think it's hard for the system to build a group of players, because most of them are DPS, there are fewer tanks, and very few healers. The event calls for parties of 3 dps, a tank, and a healer. The role of healer, in this event is not so important. Maybe you could change the requirements so that groups can include 4 dps and a tank, and if there are not enough tanks, and the game takes too long to build the group, with 5 dps.

Private queue has no role requirement. You can have 5 dps or 5 healers if you wish.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

Well, it can be done with fewer participants. I did not know, I did not know it. One question: Is the level and number of enemies adjusted by the number and level of participants?

No. Not in this event.
  • Well, I tried it, but doing it alone is not an option. That's too many enemies for just one character. If the system adjusted the number of enemies to the number of participants, it would be possible.
  • baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 132 Arc User

Well, I tried it, but doing it alone is not an option. That's too many enemies for just one character. If the system adjusted the number of enemies to the number of participants, it would be possible.

If you're having trouble, try going to the looking for group channel and type "+event" usually doesn't take too long to get invited to a group doing a private queue. Waiting for the system to put you in a random group takes FOREVER.
    edited November 2022
    Yes, in PC, at the time I made my first post in this thread, "+event" takes less than a minute to get into a group.
  • Today I held the event, after 15 minutes of waiting. I saw a lot of DPS typing +event. I also saw messages for Madam Eva: Time is precious, Madam Eva, and also, Madam Eva is very busy. Of course I went to do other tasks in the Dread Ring. And after doing the event, I did NOT do Inception. And why would you? To win a gem? Event requirements are a problem. There are almost no healers. And I think this problem also occurs in Dungeons. I don't do Dungeons. Just Skirmishes when I need some AD. I don't know what I'll do when I need to hunt Ancient Dragons.
    edited November 2022

Today I held the event, after 15 minutes of waiting. I saw a lot of DPS typing +event. I also saw messages for Madam Eva: Time is precious, Madam Eva, and also, Madam Eva is very busy. Of course I went to do other tasks in the Dread Ring. And after doing the event, I did NOT do Inception. And why would you? To win a gem? Event requirements are a problem. There are almost no healers. And I think this problem also occurs in Dungeons. I don't do Dungeons. Just Skirmishes when I need some AD. I don't know what I'll do when I need to hunt Ancient Dragons.

The 'inception' gives you easy rAD and a chance to earn additional participation tokens.

By the way, did the person who posted "+event" post again? If not, that means they were picked up to a party to do nightmare. The more player posts +event, the better because that means there are a lot of player available for you to take them to your party. The more dps +event, the faster to finish the event.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
  • I only suggest that if there aren't enough healers, or the event (and dungeon) requirements change, or the game itself adds a system-created healer to the game. I don't have the statistics, but it would be necessary to compare the number of games that are made of dungeons and skirmishes.
    edited November 2022

I only suggest that if there aren't enough healers, or the event (and dungeon) requirements change, or the game itself adds a system-created healer to the game. I don't have the statistics, but it would be necessary to compare the number of games that are made of dungeons and skirmishes.

This event does not really need healer or tank. Or, any combination of role can finish the job. It does not hurt to have them neither. This event can be solo. Two players would be easy enough. 5 players is like there is nothing to hit anymore. That is why almost nobody does public queue. That is the reason why you waited for a long time for public queue (for this event).

Since this is an account wide event to collect character bound currency for all the appointment events (Hell pit, nightmare, etc), to optimize it, one should only use one character to do all of them. Everyone will use their best DPS character to do them. Unless one's only best dps character is one's healer or tank, nobody would send their healer/tank to do this. In other words, setting role requirement for the public queue of this event is kind of stupid. Basically, forcing people to do private queue.

A healer companion is a kind of 'system created healer'.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    I was in one the other day with a tank who had amazing aggro and all the adds just flocked to them, it was quite nice and convenient. But yea, not necessary to have either tank or healer to complete.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • newversaillesnewversailles Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    i don't know what you're talking about. i made a group with 2 healers, and 2 other dps, one of which was exactly 18k item level and it worked just fine. you can literally invite anyone and the event goes smoothly. if you have problems completing this i wonder how you can do any other kind of content