test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Enchantments

I have not played since may of 2020 , so when I logged back in i find all my Enchantments in my Mail box. it said to go and exchange them which i can not . are these now worthless ?? and i have to start all over ??
any help ?

Comments

• callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

I have not played since may of 2020 , so when I logged back in i find all my Enchantments in my Mail box. it said to go and exchange them which i can not . are these now worthless ?? and i have to start all over ??
    any help ?

What level are the enchantments in your mailbox?

I think the Antiquities Scholar in Protectors Enclave still allows trade ins?
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Yes you can still exchange at Antiquities Scholar for Enchantment Medallions which can be used to purchase the New Enchantments. [Just checked]

You need 30 Medallions for one of the new Rank 1 Enchants and 60 for new Rank 2 Enchants [but please double check]

So from memory its best to exchange if you can hit the total needed for a new enchantment.

Oh and theres a shop in PE which sells the new enchants for 100k AD OR you can buy from the Auction House as well.

Good luck!
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited October 2022

any help ?

If you only have old enchantment which is not rank 10 and above, those enchantment are pretty much RP now.
    The "exchange" will not help you.

If you do have old rank 10 and above but could not get 30 medallions, the exchange is also useless to you. One old rank 10 only worth 1 medallion.

DO NOT do any exchange until after you read this and understand it.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11508143-developer-blog:-refinement-updates

DO NOT do any exchange until you do your math and can get a set of 30 medallions. I would recommend not even do the exchange unless you can get a set of 60/90/120 medallions.

New rank 1 can be purchased in Sage store for 100K AD. One new rank 1 has more stat than the highest ranking of the old enchantment.

If you have 'some' old rank 10 and above, it may worthwhile to sell that to AH instead of going through exchange. Check the price to figure out what is better for you. Price changes.

So, mostly likely, you need to do some shopping.

Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • muschellka#7783 muschellka Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    Don't buy rank 1 in the sage store , but only in ah!
    You will pay about 20k for enchantment instead of 100k.
  • jamesmooney#0865 jamesmooney Member Posts: 11 Arc User

any help ?

If you only have old enchantment which is not rank 10 and above, those enchantment are pretty much RP now.

If you do have old rank 10 and above but could not get 30 medallions, the exchange is also useless to you. One old rank 10 only worth 1 medallion.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11508143-developer-blog:-refinement-updates

DO NOT do any exchange until you do your math and can get a set of 30 medallions. I would recommend not even do the exchange unless you can get a set of 60/90/120 medallions.

New rank 1 can be purchased in Sage store for 100K AD. One new rank 1 has more stat than the highest ranking of the old enchantment.

If you have 'some' old rank 10 and above, it may worthwhile to sell that to AH instead of going through exchange. Check the price to figure out what is better for you. Price changes.

i have ancient azure enchantment -rank 7 item level 70
    a few more but nothing over level 7 .
    So I guess i am out of luck on getting them replaced then huh ??

thanks .
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

any help ?

i have ancient azure enchantment -rank 7 item level 70
    a few more but nothing over level 7 .
    So I guess i am out of luck on getting them replaced then huh ??

thanks .
    The new enchantments are a lot more powerful than the older enchantments were. Rank 7s were so cheap even before they announced the changes that they did not setup any sort of exchange for them.
  • kimaerilkimaeril Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I haven't played since September 2021 so this post helped me a lot. I didn't have enough enchantments to trade in so now my gear is without them. Can they only be bought in the Sages store or through the AH? They're very pricey. Thanks.
  • ksellksell Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    new lvl 1 ench are currently round 17k per each on AH; all reagents to upgrade em u can get for free, while u progress
    kimaeril said:

I haven't played since September 2021 so this post helped me a lot. I didn't have enough enchantments to trade in so now my gear is without them. Can they only be bought in the Sages store or through the AH? They're very pricey. Thanks.

Pricey or not is relative. If you consider the current rank 1 is higher grade than the max rank (r15) (which was millions) before the change, the full price 100K from Sage shop is cheap relatively. As mentioned, it can be even cheaper in AH.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    Having my enchants ripped out of my gear and mailed back to me made me feel violated.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    They weren't good enough for the thief to keep, so he sent them back to you.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • chidionchidion Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    Why are ancient enchantments still in the game? I understand the low level enchantments a player had can be converted to refinement points but when playing content or opening lockboxes, etc. and the payoff is ancient enchantments it doesn't make sense given all of the other RP options playing the game drops.
    Because it saves them from having to go back and rework every aspect of the game where they can drop.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    Actually the only ones that should still be in the game is the old combat enchantments. As far as I know that is still the only way to create new illusion transmutes.

If there is another way to get them then I just have never seen it.

Actually the only ones that should still be in the game is the old combat enchantments. As far as I know that is still the only way to create new illusion transmutes.

If there is another way to get them then I just have never seen it.

Ancient combat enchantment and ancient armor enchantment.
  • ksellksell Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    All old enchantments are dropin from old lockboxes - check details before opening.
    Shards of weapon enchants (and i hope armor too) still drops from certain dungeons.
  • rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    When can we expect new combat enchants?
    "Soon..."
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    That was supposed to be "Soon ©"
    Might be a trademark by now.
    edited January 2023
    Soon to have "Soon ™". They need to stay in character.
    Post edited by plasticbat on