test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OFFICIAL: Demogorgon (Master) Feedback

Greetings, adventurers!

This is the thread to leave feedback on the Demogorgon (Master) trial. The trial requires 60,000 IL (55,000 in private) to enter and is intended to be very challenging to highly geared and skilled players.

The dungeon will be made available at roughly 12:00pm PDT on Friday 11/18 and turned off at roughly 12:00pm PDT on Monday 11/21. There may be future testing periods made available if additional iteration is needed.

Many of the existing elements of the trial have been maintained, however there are some new challenges to overcome. We're looking forward to hearing your feedback. GLHF!

Comments

• aragon#8379 aragon Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    Was a little disappointingly easy, but when we are 20k IL higher than the entry requirement I can understand if that's the intent.

Overall I still feel it lacks much of the engagement the other Trials have. For example the threat of dying, like falling off a platform, or messing up a mechanics specific to you. I like the new Paranoid Delusion Mechanic, but there isn't much to it other than that. 1 Group Mechanic, 1 Spread mechanic and Madness Stack Management. Just feels it lacks something.

In the current state it is open to a much wider audience, which is probably a good thing, as many people will want to do this Master version just for the Mythic set, whether it's fun to do so or not. The allure of gaining the set for your self or to sell is enough for people to want to play it, regardless of the engagement factor, especially since the set is still one of the Best in Slot for most Dps classes!

Personally I had no fun with the previous version and I won't have much here either. I'll join a few farm groups, but I get bored quickly without much player engagement needed.
  • stof#3099 stof Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    The Mind Prison attack from Paranoid Delusion is extremely overtuned against melee dps.
    Since this attack spawns a cluster of damage balls that travel outwards it will hit the melee player 3 times in a fraction of second, killing the player (ie. getting hit by 3x 297k = 891, will one shot any player below 80k ilvl in a 60k dungeon).
    There is basicly no conterplay, since there is no animation that tells when the paranoid delusion will cast it, you just die.
    Meanwhile range dps will only be hit 1 ball at most.

In one of the runs, during the second phase the goristo just stood still and did nothing.

In the last phase of the fight, the wells didnt respawn, meaning some dps couldnt remove the madness stacks, therefore being useless (since they had 30). No idea if that is intended.

• privatejimmy#7757 privatejimmy Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    hi lassor
  • lassor#2420 lassor Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 76 Cryptic Developer

Was a little disappointingly easy, but when we are 20k IL higher than the entry requirement I can understand if that's the intent.

Overall I still feel it lacks much of the engagement the other Trials have. For example the threat of dying, like falling off a platform, or messing up a mechanics specific to you. I like the new Paranoid Delusion Mechanic, but there isn't much to it other than that. 1 Group Mechanic, 1 Spread mechanic and Madness Stack Management. Just feels it lacks something.

In the current state it is open to a much wider audience, which is probably a good thing, as many people will want to do this Master version just for the Mythic set, whether it's fun to do so or not. The allure of gaining the set for your self or to sell is enough for people to want to play it, regardless of the engagement factor, especially since the set is still one of the Best in Slot for most Dps classes!

Personally I had no fun with the previous version and I won't have much here either. I'll join a few farm groups, but I get bored quickly without much player engagement needed.

Master content being unscaled, it is the intent that an IL advantage would make the content significantly easier. It should be the case that when running at IL that this trial would feel roughly equivalent to the other Master trials. That doesn't necessarily mean that the mechanical complexity will be even across the board as that is just one tool for us to lean into to create the subjective 'difficult' experience.

If it is the case that running this trial at 60k IL still feels like it's easier than the other master trials then it's likely that we've missed our mark and need to increase tuning or pull some other levers to get it to the intended difficulty.
  • lassor#2420 lassor Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 76 Cryptic Developer
    stof#3099 said:

In the last phase of the fight, the wells didnt respawn, meaning some dps couldnt remove the madness stacks, therefore being useless (since they had 30). No idea if that is intended.

That is intended functionality. There should have been a notification that occurred to indicate that situation.
  • stof#3099 stof Member Posts: 40 Arc User

stof#3099 said:

That is intended functionality. There should have been a notification that occurred to indicate that situation.
    Thank you for confirm, I just rewatched the footage, and it seens to occur at 5min from the start of the last phase.
  • kal2210#5685 kal2210 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    The playstation trophies/achievements “Master of Demogorgon” and “Tamer of Demogorgon” have been broken since the initial rework. Can the team address this to make sure they are functioning for when this new master trial is released?
  • necromanceheronecromancehero Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2022
    Do not misunderstand me. I love heavy content.
    I like when there is a challenge.
    But if you're looking to create some really heavy content, then it's fine to motivate players.
    Your last dungeon with more or less good rewards is the vault of stars!

You have released the Crown of Keldegonn - it drops a weapon that almost no one uses.

You have released an updated Tiamat - a set from which almost no one uses.

You are releasing an updated spider temple - apart from 2-3 rings, there is nothing interesting there.
    It is very exciting to go through a really hard dungeon and get white quality collars from there.

When you updated the Demogorgon last time, you may have noticed that the dungeon, despite being downright boring, was very popular.
    Why?
    Because as a reward you could get a really good set that could be sold profitably.

Why do people still go to the frankly outdated Tower of the Mad Mage?
    Because from there drops a still actual weapon

My only request to your new or reworked dungeons: Put a good and preferably unique reward in chests!
    Preferably both versions.
    Then the normal version will be popular for ordinary players as well.
    And stronger players will be more motivated to play your heavy content.
    Make master content - make and master reward

In the master version, I completely agree with the rewards - the set from there is still relevant,
    although, ideally, one could add something else.
    But the Orcus set is in the usual version - sorry, but given that there is a set from the Vault of the Stars that can be bought at auction for nothing - no one will need the Orcus set.
    I express both my opinion and the opinion of my comrades with whom I play.
    Sorry for my crooked English and thanks for your attention!