test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Epic Cragmire Crypt last boss bug

crusthelvetecrusthelvete Member Posts: 118 Arc User
So the title,
The boss teleports up to the roof, into the walls or just dissapearing and the adds do the same. (we hear him speaking meanwhile).

We had to do 4x tries before we pinned him down, and that time he almost got stuck in the wall.

After the fight, we all where in combat and had to once more /defeat me to get the rewards.
Regarding to the chat, it seems to be happening in Castle Never aswell, but havent been there myself.

Comments

• nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Escalated issue - thanks!
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    So Thazar-De has been teaching his undead tricks to others.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • crusthelvetecrusthelvete Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    greywynd said:

So Thazar-De has been teaching his undead tricks to others.

He did the Ninja stuff , without break the leg :)
  • finnbalor#7564 finnbalor Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    So yeah, same issue with reaper epic cragmire. Lost out on a reaper mark cuz Traven decided to pull his best Lionel Ritchie move and go Dancing on the ceiling. Please fix this!
  • finnbalor#7564 finnbalor Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    > @nitocris83 said:
    > Escalated issue - thanks!

Escalated issue? What does that mean in terms of a fix?
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User

> @nitocris83 said:
    > Escalated issue - thanks!

Escalated issue? What does that mean in terms of a fix?

Very little. It's just a little higher on their awareness list.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    I was in there yesterday and he went up into the roof not long after it started. My companion also went into the roof and was up there alone with him while we all stood down the bottom wondering what to do. In the end we all killed ourselves to reset and finished it. I was wondering at the time if it was in any way connected to the issue where parts of the floor in various maps are hovering too high, seeing this seems to be a vertical height issue with the boss.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • midilamidila Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Every time I get Cragmire Crypts in random dungeon que this happens. Some one said the tank has to pin him down but clearly there is a bug that allows the last boss to teleport vertically (Z axis) into the ceiling instead of just in the X and Y axis.
  • jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 584 Arc User
    I just played this an hour ago and the same thing happened. It took three attempts to finally finish it, it is definitely a bug.
  • rheylinsark#1888 rheylinsark Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    Happened in a PUG group last night. Luckily, everyone was in a good mood and we powered through it after trying various things (changing companions, dismissing companions, etc.), only to find no one could open the chests after finally defeating the last boss. We powered through that too (by dismissing pets, defeating self, then coming back into the arena one by one).

It wasn't terrible for us - all experienced, established players, and all with good humor -- but this would definitely not be a good experience for new players, especially considering this is one of the first dungeons they're likely to encounter. For that reason alone, there should be a fire lit under this issue.
  • truegodlytruegodly Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I agree with rhelinsark
    There definitely needs to be a fire lit about this, played this again today and no one got anything from it. I think they need to remove it until they fix it, it isn't fair to waste people's time this way.
  • midilamidila Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Yes. Remove the dungeon asap. Put it back in after it is fixed. This bug for most prevents finishing the dungeon anyway.
    Absolutely should be removed until fixed, the random dungeons are so time consuming anyway, waiting to get in one, then everyone quits because they are just ridiculous in some parts, especially for new members. This one is just dead to play, even if it gets finished it takes to long for a minor dungeon.