test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tank threat generation.

2»

Comments

• stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    Any clarification on threat coming? Tested the dread warrior, jewel of north set and new helmet from TOS(on preview) that generates 15% threat. Helmet shows proc on the buff bar for 1 second out of every 5 seconds, with a 1 second length, so 4 seconds of nothing? Jewel of the north set doesn't show on ACT, and I'm told its additive based on others test, so it adds .15%, or something like that. The dread warrior shows a proc on ACT when it procs when you're hit, its supposed to last 10 seconds, but doesn't show on ACT until 5 secs have gone by, and it looks like the it's resetting it with a value on AITHREAT: -9,223,372,036,854,775,808
    That's also the value on a campfire buff shown.

If open the log file, it shows it as .825

Some explanation would be nice on the threat formula, or base number that tanks start with. Only thing I could think was that the 15% threat is multiplied by tanks inherent threat(also unknown). If .825/.15 is how the formula works, then 5.5 is the total, is that the threat multiplier that is from paragon path?

• strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited November 2022
    Honestly, I really hope they improve Paladin next...

Paladin also needs several adjustments, several Aura's are a bit underwhelming. I'd like Paladin's (Healers & Tanks) reviewed next, as would many. Several Aura's are slightly underwhelming. I don't think they should buff it a lot but up from 2% perhaps closer to 2.25%. And the reduced Threat Class power should be at least 7.5%, if not more than the 5% today.

Yet if you have two class powers, then try and change one Aura (Vengeance) can often spend 1-5 minutes playing Musical Chairs with Class Powers because some combinations say:

"failed to equip ... to class power" it's not always, yet it does it often when you need to, and is even when at campfire.
    ╘ Applies even though you know you're allowed to use that combination, and have several times in the past.

Several have listed other things they'd like improved, like the loss of high % of critical avoidance when divinity is low.

:+1:
    Post edited by strathkin on
    Most content you wont have a problem. But if multiplier for threat is 5.5, and tanks getting less than 10-15% of the DPS total, then tanks need to rely on hard taunts and plan on losing threat, and regaining immediately, as a gameplan too often. The higher the IL goes, the DPS get a 20% bonus, so the spread on base damage also widens. With coordinated artifact/mount calls to buff group in harder content, it becomes inconsistent on whether you'll hold threat, or lose threat and have to regain, and possibly lose again immediately. It also makes the "hard taunts" inconsistent on whether threat even gets pulled at all(enforced threat/anvil) due to dps being so much it outweighs it totally, without even registering the tank went to red on threat at all.
  • ksellksell Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    add to this some boss fights, when agro is droped/ignored, be it bug or itentional
  • melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    For some reason I got the impression they wanted to make it more difficult for tanks to acquire threat. Otherwise they would have included a similar bonus to threat generation for all tanks to counteract the DPS 20% bonus to damage.

I personally am mostly dependent upon equipment to help my tanks gain and hold threat (those rings that generate threat as you move). Also, for the paladin I just use the aura that helps reduce threat output for others in party and that seems to be a big deal for me.

But then again I have never done any RADQ content with any of my tanks either and from what I can see with my healer when I go into those I probably never will.

Although, lately I have been taking advantage of game design and now when I use my Paladin I can just let loose on whatever in a BHE. True it is not how the tank class is supposed to be played but I am playing solo and I am lazy.

The only issue is Sacred Weapon as I still use that and it keeps bringing me to an orange level threat but most of the time it goes no further than that until the real tank player types or HDPS ones go down.

For future solo play with my paladin, I do plan to start removing the threat generation ring as well.

Also, I have to ask, is there actually a companion that helps with threat generation. If not then I think they could easily do an augment companion that pretty much just provides a large amount of HP and Threat Generation.
    The amount of HP wont help that much if the tank is going to get 10% of the dps overall. Need added in somehow, the loss of stamina into threat multiplier's or threat itself.