test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why is the companion gear from the new mod is bound to character

mehwar#3996 mehwar Member Posts: 20 Arc User
Seriously, why do you need to make this thing bound to character? I love the ancient hunts cause it makes me gear all my alt only using 1 character, in the long run its kinda hard to just switch up a character, transfer your insignias and collar then repeat the grind again. Any idea why they made it this way?

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,281 Arc User

Seriously, why do you need to make this thing bound to character? I love the ancient hunts cause it makes me gear all my alt only using 1 character, in the long run its kinda hard to just switch up a character, transfer your insignias and collar then repeat the grind again. Any idea why they made it this way?

Almost everything in this mod is binds on pickup (character). Not just companion gear.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Yeah it should be like dragon hunt gear, more flexibility for farming
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options
    Two steps forward, two steps back.
  • Options
    amascus#1899 amascus Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    Hopefully they will be re-looking some things on it soon. The seal trader will sells one class equipment for another class that is BoP and that should obviously be BOA. If Cryptic intended to change the model it should been mentioned and the option to buy other class gear for seals removed.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,281 Arc User
    edited November 2022
    never mind. I found the answer of my own question.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    trinity706#8838 trinity706 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    Might be an oversight… though looking at various changes over time, players with multiple characters beyond the default 2 (and especially those with a considerable amount well beyond that) have continually and intentionally had their characters disenfranchised.
    The benefit of having multiple characters has gotten diminished quite considerably over time while the time and effort to produce those benefits has increased…

Mod 22, Dragonbone Vale is currently the last time account bound companion equipment was available (The Scaleblight Summit Epic Adventure reward, companion equipment choice pack). It’s funny that the Dragonbone Vale trial weapons are account bound (can only share with the SAME class) while the seal vendor equipment wasn’t/isn’t...

Mod 20, Sharandar is currently the last time account bound equipment was available (Seal vendor, Weathered Wood, head, armor, feet, arms).

They could at least provide an account bound version of seal vendor equipment in a mod (even if it costs more), that’s probably too much like right though…

The way Mod 24 is setup; it will potentially and considerably increase the time sink and effort required for players wanting to gear up multiple characters.
    ALL Rights Reserved for any and all suggestions, ideas, etc. from this user.

“There are changes that can be made that don’t require coding...” - TriNitY
    "No amount of coding will change human behavior" - TriNitY

Ongoing Issue: Legitmate Players Banned for Botting (Console) and the Future for "Dedicated" Players

Suggestions: (Implemented) \/\/ Rearrange Character on character Select Screen
  • Options
    melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    not sure that is true, I have 10 toons and I still play them all with one toon being one I should never take into an epic dungeon but I always do.

As far as getting new gear and the boons from the current mod had no problems and some even have one of the new companion gear items. Also, used my main and primaries to get them all some gear from the dragonslayer campaign after taking my first 3 toons through it and outfitting them with whatever I thought was an improvement to what they had which was actually a lot.

Also, while I have not actually taken any of my alternates into an ancient dragon hunt I have had them all do the first 15.

The only issue I have is that my warlock could not get a healer item from the seal trader that is available to the cleric and paladin. The item is boots that gives either +5k to forte or +10K to outgoing healing. what is provided is still good but I find that all my healing toons could really use the boost to outgoing healing when in a group as critical strike and critical severity are pretty much already taken care of for my all my toons.
  • Options
    autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited January 2023
    They mentioned this is one of their streams and said something about wanting to avoid people grinding but it's having the opposite effect because now we have to grind with alts. That said, there is one option to buy comp gear and give it to another toon but it binds on equip once the new toon uses it and you have any control on what drops.

What doesn't make sense to be is that the way the campaign is designed is that you end up (pretty quickly) with comp gear you don't need because you get the upgrade pretty quickly and you can't give it to another toon (the old stuff.)

They should let us use the unbind tokens even if it's just to unbind for same account use only (and not to sell).
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • Options
    In part, what bites in Mod 24 is getting seal vendor equipment for multiple characters simultaneously (in general and especially after the daily bonus for RTQ/RAD is consumed, not to mention the 500 seal weekly cap which is easily met unevenly). Six trial/advanced dungeon completions with no bonus for 480 dragon seals per additional character, per week for at least 5 weeks is a bit much simply for seal vendor equipment…

Arguably for a sizable portion of the player base, the 75k ilvl requirement for the dungeon bites as well (not that the 75k ilvl requirement is or isn’t reasonable) which gates the spider totem which will decrease the amount of time to complete the campaign “horizontally” and also gates a player’s ability to get the Dark Maiden’s Gear.

Which companion gear items do some of the characters have from Mod 24, from the surprise box? Arguably that doesn’t really count (especially if you get something that isn’t very useful to you), more like an AD sinking, potential upgrade… 200k AD for a random piece of companion equipment, no thanks (for 50k more you can get your choice of companion equipment). Also don’t agree with unbind tokens being made usable on the Mod 24 companion equipment, that’s another like 900k AD (worth of unbind tokens) for three legendary pieces on top of the AD sink costs for the equipment itself, not to mention that type of “embedded cost” thinking might carry over into future mods…

Went through about 7 streams recently and don’t recall hearing about not wanting players to grind (could have missed it, can someone point out which one it was?). Grinding in general or in regard to something(s) in particular? “MMO” and “grind” are pretty synonymous. Neverwinter has RNG which pretty much equals grind on its own. Did hear multiple times across the streams along the lines of wanting players of different types (casual, master trial goers, etc.) to be able to enjoy the game within their play style, though not wanting players to grind essentially goes against the type of player that likes to grind...

Ongoing Issue: Legitmate Players Banned for Botting (Console) and the Future for "Dedicated" Players

• Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    Also there's grinding and there's grinding. Grinding consistently day-in-day-out for a long time to get something at the end which you know you will get is one thing, but doing something over and over and over only for a chance at it is a totally different kind of grind.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options

Also there's grinding and there's grinding. Grinding consistently day-in-day-out for a long time to get something at the end which you know you will get is one thing, but doing something over and over and over only for a chance at it is a totally different kind of grind.

If what the other forum user stated is true, which "grinding" could those responsible for the game not really want players to engage in? (LoL)